Metal Gear Solid V

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
As to soldiers though, I am playing this so slow that I am already now by mission 17 nearly filled up with minimum B rank, most of which have special skills. Combat soldiers all have A rank. I like the feature where they auto dismiss lower ranks due to base being full. I thought the waiting room was infinite, but apparently not. So I've just started letting it auto sort members for the most part. I fire all troublemakers regardless of their stats.
Troublemakers are cancelled out by other troublemakers and diplomats. Should never be a problem. And make sure you contract your people with special R&D skills as soon as you get them. The auto-dismiss thing fired my Materials Engineer and I had to go get a new one.

The cap is 700 per base, by the way. As soon as I got my FOB I took a tour of Africa and did all the side missions, and fultoned out pretty much every soldier on the map regardless of level. A few missions later and I'm just filling up the waiting room again (building the FOB to rank 4 is really fucking expensive and takes an absurd amount of time, but at least it's real time and not in-game time) so I only take people who are at least A+.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Unlocked the first substance mission and man that was fun. Does this mode become available for every past mission or is it only available to a select few?

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Unlocked the first substance mission and man that was fun. Does this mode become available for every past mission or is it only available to a select few?
Only available for 1 other one after that I believe.

I just 'finished' this game. It gave me a sad that its unfinished. The game/story were great imo.

Vorph

What's the deal with the stun assault rifle? It's bad enough that you can't put a R2 silencer on it and the silencer breaks before you even fire a full magazine, but even the very first headshot (with stun) causes the enemies to go into full alert. The stun SMG has the same silencer issue but as long as you hit your target nobody else notices while the silencer lasts.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
What's the deal with the stun assault rifle? It's bad enough that you can't put a R2 silencer on it and the silencer breaks before you even fire a full magazine, but even the very first headshot (with stun) causes the enemies to go into full alert. The stun SMG has the same silencer issue but as long as you hit your target nobody else notices while the silencer lasts.
Never used the guns that stun for anything other than animals (bears) or the annoying "missing soldier" side ops that take a crazy amount of normal tranq shots before they go down. I found that using the full auto SMG or assault rifle stuns works best with them (with Quiet using her tranq gun in the background). Is there a reason to use stun instead of tranquilizers for normal soldiers?

PS: Thanks a ton for the tip earlier regarding giving direct contract to special R&D skills. I had lost some too, but thought I had dismissed them myself accidentally. I probably have 400 soldiers without any specific skill, and would think they would fire them automatically before ones with specials.

Vorph

Never used the guns that stun for anything other than animals (bears) or the annoying "missing soldier" side ops that take a crazy amount of normal tranq shots before they go down. I found that using the full auto SMG or assault rifle stuns works best with them (with Quiet using her tranq gun in the background). Is there a reason to use stun instead of tranquilizers for normal soldiers?
Normally no, since stun lasts nowhere near as long as tranq. However, bringing a rocket launcher in to deal with helicopters mean you don't have a sniper rifle. Letting Quiet loose works most of the time, but occasionally you don't want to risk an alert at all (like while the helicopter is still circling overhead and you need to clear half a dozen soldiers that are near a tank). With stun AR being trash, that means you have to handle it all inside pistol range, which takes forever when you have to crawl to avoid getting spotted by the heli. I think I've unlocked every assault rifle and I don't see anything besides UN-ARC-NL that is non-lethal.

I've never had a problem with tranq'ing the missing soldiers with a single headshot. They're kind of hard to hit in the head though because of the jerky movements, so I usually just let Quiet save me the hassle.

PS: Thanks a ton for the tip earlier regarding giving direct contract to special R&D skills. I had lost some too, but thought I had dismissed them myself accidentally. I probably have 400 soldiers without any specific skill, and would think they would fire them automatically before ones with specials.
Yeah, I got burned by that 3 times. Wasn't a total loss since the replacement ones were like A++ or S when I went to get them, but still...

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not sure when this becomes available but there is a cinema that I think can be missed if you don't find it on accident (or have a friend text you about it in my case). On the medical platform from the helipad run past the stairs leading down and go up two levels and around to the left facing the stairs you just went up. There is a sliding door followed by another door you have to interact with to enter. I found out about it after I had done mission 31 but think it could probably be found as early as finishing the first wandering mother base soldier side op.

Vorph

Heh yeah, I didn't find that until after I finished chapter 1 either. You can use cigars to advance time and turn in a bunch of photos in one visit to Mother Base though.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Are you talking about Paz? I found her by accident right after bringing Quiet to the Mother Base. I didn't know who she was and was expecting a strange sex scene.

Vorph

Yes.
She was the focus of Ground Zeroes main mission and most of the tapes you discover in it. Also a big part of Peace Walker, but I never played that.

People were kind of dodging spoilers up to that point by the way. Just telling people to go explore the first medical platform is enough without coming right out and saying what is there. You really should tag that shit.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
Finally beat it...

Got MGS2'd again. Chapter 1 should have been fleshed out a little more and made it's own game, and they should have turned chapter 2 into MGS6 and tied it right into MG1. 10/10 until Chapter 2, and at that point it really felt unfinished (which I guess it is). The tapes you get after mission 46 with zero should have been cintematics. Game relied too much on the cassettes in general.

Vorph

I'm about to finish it too, and as an update to my previous post about how much of a non-issue the FOB "PVP" shit is: I have never ONCE been invaded the entire time I've been playing. The real downside to FOB stuff isn't that you lose shit to invaders; it's that the upgrade costs to get to 4/4 in all areas are so expensive that there's no way you're doing it without invading a whole bunch of other people. I took the command platform to 4/4 on both, and my mother base is half 4/4 and half 3/4, but raising FOB platforms to 4/4 is completely unrealistic without invading (and winning).

Pro-tip: Sell minor metal and precious metal when you need GMP. Base construction is all about fuel, and to a much lesser extent common metal and biological material.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I'm about to finish it too, and as an update to my previous post about how much of a non-issue the FOB "PVP" shit is: I have never ONCE been invaded the entire time I've been playing.
I must have bad luck then or you have good luck. When I was playing every day I was getting invaded at least 1 time a day. And all but 2 of them were done while I was offline. I got over it... I don't care that much about it. But then I am not in a hurry to 100% the game. I finished the main story line and will go back and 100% the game but at a much more slow pace than when I was first playing.

Vorph

It's not really luck, maybe for the first day or two that I had a FOB but certainly not now. My command platform is 4/4 and my base dev. platform is 3/4, soon to be 4/4 once I get another 10k fuel processed today. There's barely any fuel stored on my FOB, and nobody capable of beating my command platform needs the shitty soldiers that get assigned to security force, so the risk vs. reward of attacking me is so vastly skewed to the risk side that no one in their right mind would try.

Only way I'd ever get attacked is if I started invading other people to steal their fuel, won a lot, and then ended up with a ton of unprocessed fuel stored on the FOB that could be stolen. As it stands now, I go pick up a half dozen or so fuel containers on the map every time they turn red, and my base processes that much fast enough that very little of it ends up in surplus. You can't steal processed materials from people at all.

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
Do my platforms have to be 4/4 to unlock mission 46? Should this be a spoiler? oops.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Not all of them. If you just finished the missions before, do some side ops and see if it triggers.

Vorph

Online info about what really triggers 46 is not accurate at all. I had 46 pop before I did 34, 37, 40, 42, 44, 45, or any of 47-50. I didn't even do sideop 150 either. Don't think it has anything to do with mother base either, mine's at 4/3/4/4/4/3/3. What I *did* do is start going back to S-rank earlier missions before
Quiet left. Unfortunately, I got dragged back to mother base to see Emmerich's exile and now Quiet is gone and I'm stuck having to S-rank them with the dog or walker.
I'd advise just doing a few repeat missions and see if 46 appears after one of them.