Metal Gear Solid V

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The checkpoint system and no quick save/reload is showing me how much I really suck at stealth games.
In Phantom Pain you don't really need to care about that :

- If you're in a "mission" all you have to do is follow the lead. ASA you completed the main objective you just have to get out of the map's hot zone. You don't really have to worry about GMP (money) at some point.

- Side Ops are easy, as soon as you've completed the objective just hit menu and call ACC, your mission is already validated. Yes, for some side ops missions it means going out of the heli, crawl up 200 meters, extract / kill some dude and just hit menu back to acc since your objective is alreay validated.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Pretty early, like Mission 4 or 5? You gradually get the option to build different structures but the starting 3 (or 4?) open up really soon.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I picked up my ground zero and phantom pain from a key site for $46 total for both

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
Pretty early, like Mission 4 or 5? You gradually get the option to build different structures but the starting 3 (or 4?) open up really soon.
yep, I was able to upgrade my platforms after finishing the C2W mission (3rd mission). Thanks! I've been doing all the side-ops missions first :p

spronk

FPS noob
dont forget to login every day this month to claim your reward, yesterdays was 15 mgs coins (? used for FOBs i think?) and todays was 16 herbs, digitalis used for tranq research later I guess

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
dont forget to login every day this month to claim your reward, yesterdays was 15 mgs coins (? used for FOBs i think?) and todays was 16 herbs, digitalis used for tranq research later I guess
The reward from yesterday is used to buy 'waters' to construct additional FOBs after the first one you get for free over the course of the story line.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Had trouble with Quiet, figured I had to do something wrong since my tranq gun did 1/15th of damage on her, would take forever since she kept moving.

So youtubed a video

sigh, it is MGS after all, should have guessed Air drops on head....

That said, also got the med bay now. Went there to look for Quiet since that is where they said they took her, couldn't find her room, but found
Paz. The bomb is in my.... Wtf Kojima.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
In the Quiet fight, if you play it for a bit, you realize she hops between like 8 or so different spots. She really doesn't go very many different places. They're just all over the edges of that zone. She starts at the top of the ruin, leaps across to another ruin, there's a little ledge on one side she goes to, and smaller ledge below that, etc.

She doesn't like just go anywhere in that area she feels like. She has predetermined spots. Once you figure that out, and learn to track the dust trail she kicks up, and use NVG to help keep track of her, she's really not too tough.

If you really lose her, just run around until you see her targetting you then dive into cover, get a fix on her, spot her out with the binoculars so you have her tagged, and attempt to approach. If it takes too long she'll move again.

You can get her down without a resupply on tranq darts if you don't miss. If you do miss, just resupply when you're running low.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
In the Quiet fight, if you play it for a bit, you realize she hops between like 8 or so different spots. She really doesn't go very many different places. They're just all over the edges of that zone. She starts at the top of the ruin, leaps across to another ruin, there's a little ledge on one side she goes to, and smaller ledge below that, etc.

She doesn't like just go anywhere in that area she feels like. She has predetermined spots. Once you figure that out, and learn to track the dust trail she kicks up, and use NVG to help keep track of her, she's really not too tough.

If you really lose her, just run around until you see her targetting you then dive into cover, get a fix on her, spot her out with the binoculars so you have her tagged, and attempt to approach. If it takes too long she'll move again.

You can get her down without a resupply on tranq darts if you don't miss. If you do miss, just resupply when you're running low.
I dropped a supply crate ON her. It knocked her out
smile.png
off she went into my chopper!

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yeah a lot of people are doing that.

Fighting her with tranq vs sniper rifle is good stealth practice though. By the end she was looking at locations shed last seen me at and I even got her a time or two from the side or behind sithout her seeing me.

I hear on hard mode shes really much tougher though.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There's not really any point to tranqing her though, is there? That would only get you task 3 complete, while doing task 4 should always get you task 3 as well.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Its just mildly more challenging prolly. I cant even recall what the tasks for that fight are.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, 4 is don't use firearms at all. The cheesy airdrop method probably gives you all 4 tasks complete with an S-rank, but I already S-ranked it the first time so I was going to try to get 3 and 4 by using CQC for a challenge. Stun arm is extremely powerful when upgraded, so I doubt it will take more than a couple hits anyway. Getting enough time to charge it up before she sees you might be tough, but it worked great on that annoying goddamn bear.

spronk

FPS noob
haha dropping a crate on her i gotta remember that, i just constantly do side missions. I should really move the main story forward. i fucking love sneaking around soviet bases acting like stealth rambo