Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yeah, I had trouble getting the hang of the PC controls for the game, they just feel so weird to me.

Also... wtf is up with the space bar not registering when you hit it to dodge the evil cats?

Some captains get seriously OP... My nemesis for a while that got up to power 15-16 was immune to ranged damage and melee damage and non-stealth executions.
Yeah I grabbed a Graug for those dudes, or sprint in on a Caragor knock them over and get to chewing.

Vitality

HUSTLE
So are they a nemesis as soon as they kill you? Or do they have to kill you a few times? I've only died to the same orc no more than one time and haven't seen anything special with that system yet.
Guys you have targeted in Saurons Army interface will gain power levels at an increased rate if you die without killing them first. If they kill you they gain significantly more ranks of power.

I noticed that uruk captains that you have intel on or are aware of that survive while you experience a death will gain a single rank in power as well.

I believe uruk captains that prosper during an AI vs AI dispute (power struggle) will also gain ranks.

Uruk captains that have killed you previously remember the fact that they've killed you and won't let you forget it during your next fight.

Basically the guy who got me good a couple times came out of literally no where and was completely immune to all of my damage and had unblockable ground slams that would almost one shot me.

I was able to beat him by gaining intel on him and exploiting his weakness (you can one shot him from stealth)

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Guys you have targeted in Saurons Army interface will gain power levels at an increased rate if you die without killing them first. If they kill you they gain significantly more ranks of power.

I noticed that uruk captains that you have intel on or are aware of that survive while you experience a death will gain a single rank in power as well.

I believe uruk captains that prosper during an AI vs AI dispute (power struggle) will also gain ranks.

Uruk captains that have killed you previously remember the fact that they've killed you and won't let you forget it during your next fight.

Basically the guy who got me good a couple times came out of literally no where and was completely immune to all of my damage and had unblockable ground slams that would almost one shot me.

I was able to beat him by gaining intel on him and exploiting his weakness (you can one shot him from stealth)
Oh okay, but they don't like do anything special? That's what I thought it would be like they would insert themselves into the story or something.

Don't get me wrong, its still a cool system and the game is phenomenal so far.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Gonna try and get a copy of this tonight if I can. Sounds to good to pass on.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Oh okay, but they don't like do anything special? That's what I thought it would be like they would insert themselves into the story or something.

Don't get me wrong, its still a cool system and the game is phenomenal so far.
Not that I can tell, it's not like nemesis notifications in CS:GO or TF2 or whatever.

I think they just use the term Nemesis to describe the AI they use for the "Power Struggle" system where the Uruks fight each other and replace each other when another dies.

I think it's a super clever system honestly. Gives a good amount of replayability. I'm waiting to see if I can send my level 16 god-orc over to Utnayan or something.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Someone commented on PC controls being clunky. I had the same issues with Black Flag which was the main reason I got this for PS4. Glad to see I was right.

I mean, I got used to them eventually and then found I sucked when trying to use a controller but it was pretty frustrating for awhile.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I think it's a super clever system honestly. Gives a good amount of replayability. I'm waiting to see if I can send my level 16 god-orc over to Utnayan or something.
Haha you can do this? If so, I will die countless times to make a super orc and send him to your house. It's all fun and games until it's real life bitch!

Vitality

HUSTLE
Someone commented on PC controls being clunky. I had the same issues with Black Flag which was the main reason I got this for PS4. Glad to see I was right.

I mean, I got used to them eventually and then found I sucked when trying to use a controller but it was pretty frustrating for awhile.
Yeah PC controls are super-clunky for me. I've died to those cat-dogs more than once because spacebar wouldn't register for a dodge.

I'm likely going to rebind a ton of stuff. I also don't particularly appreciate how they bundled multiple keybinds onto one key. "E" for dropdown/drain/stun so I basically can't drain or stun if I'm near a ledge.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Haha you can do this? If so, I will die countless times to make a super orc and send him to your house. It's all fun and games until it's real life bitch!
I heard people talking like there was a semi-multiplayer aspect to the orc system.. but they seem to be full of shit from what I can tell so far.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Best moment so far:

Stealth assasinate on random lone orc, he deflects and introduces himself and ALL of his friends, was a fucking hornets nest of chiefs, I killed some of them and got the archer chief to start running, set off in a sprint to pursue but the last Chief that showed up axed my face pretty hard. Bat face fucker that breaths heavy through his nose and just giggles...I want him dead.

I heard people talking like there was a semi-multiplayer aspect to the orc system.. but they seem to be full of shit from what I can tell so far.
It is the vengeance pop ups you see, says Chief so and so killed (steam_ID) kill him to avenge and gain power. I have also seen a pop up (steam_ID) killed chief, you are avenged.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Do you know if the vengeance thing is based on your friends list or is it just random from the steam community?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Do you know if the vengeance thing is based on your friends list or is it just random from the steam community?
yes it is Steam friends I avenged Lelix a few times
smile.png
Add me fuckers! Drakonin or Hatorade

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I only played for like 30 minutes last night, but at one point a nearby captain got a skull over his head and hunted me down, leading to a couple more captains joining the fight. Was I just too close to him or is that skull something special?

Edit: My steam is InsanitysMuse

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Also wondering about this, or if you need to register at that WB thing (I haven't yet).

As to the game, bought the premium edition last night. Only around 2 hours into it, but only done side stuff so far. No golden quests. My first encounter, ran up to some tents, started fighting three normal orcs, that called more, and suddenly 4 nameds had introduced themselves. I ran. Made me wish MMO games would do that though.

The HD texture pack requirements are highly overrated. I am playing on a laptop, GTX 880, 4 gigs and it runs without hickups at around 55-60fps. I did what TB did in the video, turned everything to max except ambient occulsion, that I set to high. For anyone with the PC version, I would suggest downloading them. They are free, so might as well try them.

Could not stand the PC controls, so playing it with my PS4 controller. Much better, though I do miss mouse aiming when using the bow. However, other than that it is worth it. I also like the rumble features.

So far it seems really good. Wouldn't mind a mod that made the blood spatter a bit more realistic though. Kind of looks like the internal parts of the orcs consist of blobs of green goo/jell-o.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Added some of you on steam. Feel free to add me as well if anyone want to avenge me
smile.png
Steam ID: Droigan

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
It's cecil from the nintendo FF series (white hair) the heck? my account name is kylemurphy (oneword) should be the only one.

I thought I was a special snowflake.
Added a kylemurphy, but think it is the wrong one. Not been online for over a year it says.