Middle-earth: Shadow of War (Shadow of Mordor Sequel)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Different type of game, but I'll leave this here. Patent to change matchmaking where the person is more likely to buy an item thru microtransaction and then be put into matches where item will be more effective to make them feel good about purchase.

TBH I don't even have a problem with this, if it just smoothes out the benefit curve of p2w. I don't know the specific context but if it's similar to Shadow of War where you buy a legendary orc and he immediately betrays you, you'd be super-pissed.

I spent $32 on loot boxes last night to help me along Act 2, and 4 of my 5 legendary orcs betrayed me after I failed to retake the fort I lost. I almost uninstalled the game right there, but persevered by spending another $24 on legendary orcs.

• 9Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
TBH I don't even have a problem with this, if it just smoothes out the benefit curve of p2w. I don't know the specific context but if it's similar to Shadow of War where you buy a legendary orc and he immediately betrays you, you'd be super-pissed.

I spent $32 on loot boxes last night to help me along Act 2, and 4 of my 5 legendary orcs betrayed me after I failed to retake the fort I lost. I almost uninstalled the game right there, but persevered by spending another $24 on legendary orcs.

die

• 2Picard
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Took the last fortress and uninstalled, ended at level 37. Fun game, on to the next!

Pirated I hope? I am assuming so because I do not see it listed in your games.

So good on you for not paying for it.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
bedce63afeb8d62ee7ecd3fc387c390b.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
"This I will have as weregild for my father's death, and my brother's. Was it not I that dealt the enemy his death blow?" -Isildur

so... uh... from the silmirallion, Isildur seems to think he didn't cut off the finger of a comatose Sauron... granted, sure, it COULD be argued that OF COURSE he says he defeated sauron... but no where else in any canonical source is this claim refuted.

i mean, unless you're point was just that isildur wasn't alone, and that he had some pretty beefy help. in which case, yeah he definitely did. but gil-galad didn't cut off the ring. elendil didn't cut off the ring. the weakest one of those 3 did.

Yeah and I've seen screenshots of clerics getting the killshot on Quarm.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I brought along Utnayan Utnayan (aka Uruknayan) and his brother with me to take a fort, here's a vid of our pre-battle meeting.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
1) Sauron never dies until the ring (his essence) is destroyed. He is defeated and his will dispersed when he initially loses his sole focus of his essence but he never dies. He's a part of Arda (Earth) as a minor aspect of nature (death) and can't die until is his essence is rejoined with it (through the destruction of the ring).
I wouldn't say Sauron was meant as a personification of death. Or Morgoth for that matter. That's an oversimplification but I get what you're sayin'. Tolkien was sharp enough to know death, or the fear of it, and evil are not the same.

ACKSHUALLY

Gil-galad and Elendil were the ones that defeated Sauron when the ring was taken from him. Contrary to how the movies portrayed it, Isildur did not cut the ring from Sauron's hand as an act of desperation in a lost battle, he cut the ring from Sauron's broken body after he had been beaten on the field of battle. Elendil was a pure-blooded Numenorean but it's doubtful that he really contributed much to the fight considering that Gil-galad was an immensely powerful elf of the First Age. Heroic elves of the First Age were easily on par with the Maiar, Glorfindel killed a Balrog during the sack of Gondolin and during the events of Fellowship the Nazgul fled at his mere presence. Gothmog, the greatest of the Balrogs, was slain in a duel with Ecthelion of the Fountain, also during the sack of Gondolin. For another reference for the relative power of a Balrog, seven Balrogs were able to make Ungoliant flee after she attacked Morgoth. So a group of Maiar were able to chase off a creature on par with one of the Greater Ainur, and were intent on hunting her down to kill her if Morgoth hadn't reined them in.

As for Sauron's eventual death at the end of the Third Age, it was more his own greed for power that killed him rather than the actions of Frodo or Gollum. In binding himself to the One Ring he may have radically increased his power, but he also created the mortal weakness that ultimately killed him.
This post was so accurate it gave me a hard on.

• 1Solidarity

Ryanz

<Banned>
Oh, those are orcs? I thought this was like an assassins creed set in England.

• 1Worf

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
ACKSHUALLY

Gil-galad and Elendil were the ones that defeated Sauron when the ring was taken from him. Contrary to how the movies portrayed it, Isildur did not cut the ring from Sauron's hand as an act of desperation in a lost battle, he cut the ring from Sauron's broken body after he had been beaten on the field of battle. Elendil was a pure-blooded Numenorean but it's doubtful that he really contributed much to the fight considering that Gil-galad was an immensely powerful elf of the First Age. Heroic elves of the First Age were easily on par with the Maiar, Glorfindel killed a Balrog during the sack of Gondolin and during the events of Fellowship the Nazgul fled at his mere presence. Gothmog, the greatest of the Balrogs, was slain in a duel with Ecthelion of the Fountain, also during the sack of Gondolin. For another reference for the relative power of a Balrog, seven Balrogs were able to make Ungoliant flee after she attacked Morgoth. So a group of Maiar were able to chase off a creature on par with one of the Greater Ainur, and were intent on hunting her down to kill her if Morgoth hadn't reined them in.

As for Sauron's eventual death at the end of the Third Age, it was more his own greed for power that killed him rather than the actions of Frodo or Gollum. In binding himself to the One Ring he may have radically increased his power, but he also created the mortal weakness that ultimately killed him.

ACKSHUALLY

Gothmog wasn't slain by Ecthelion in a duel, Ecthelion was defeated by Gothmog and waiting for the deathblow when he jumped up and headbutted the motherfucker, knocked him into the fountain and drowned himself in the process. It was at best a double KO.

Also the Ring didn't increase Saurons power, any more than any of the other rings would have. He just put a lot of his own soul into it, so he could use the other rings he gave to the elves (originally all 19 were supposed to go to the elves, the Dwarf and Human rings were the same as the 3, other than the fact that Celebrimbor crafted the 3 without Saurons knowledge or ability to corrupt them.) to take over the elves without war. He basically gambled and gave himself a weakness in order to take over the world peacefully.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This LotR nerd-talk makes me really disappointed that Gavinmad Gavinmad didn't take my bait about the eagles.

My LOTR nerd-fu isn't up to many others, but I thought they were already tied up with something for most of the early phases of the story.