Middle-earth: Shadow of War (Shadow of Mordor Sequel)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
My concern with implementing them in a single-player game is that that the developer / publisher have an incentive to make the game more grindy to sway more players towards microtransactions. Not saying that will happen, I have some trust in the developer and I'm willing to bet that the tuning and core gameplay will be just as awesome as in the original so it shouldn't even matter, but it's still concerning to me.
Agreed.

This isn't a good comparison because it's a mobile game, but I remember when Fallout Shelter made it so that you needed to use microtransactions to get the best loot, because they removed the ability to get top-tier loot from the game mechanics.

I'll still day 1 purchase this because I don't mind supporting them, but I'll be sensitive to mechanics that seem motivated by microtransactions and not buy their shit in the future if it's annoying.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Agreed.

This isn't a good comparison because it's a mobile game, but I remember when Fallout Shelter made it so that you needed to use microtransactions to get the best loot, because they removed the ability to get top-tier loot from the game mechanics.

I'll still day 1 purchase this because I don't mind supporting them, but I'll be sensitive to mechanics that seem motivated by microtransactions and not buy their shit in the future if it's annoying.

Thanks for supporting, a shekel Nazgulcoin for a good goy founder.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Thanks for supporting, a shekel Nazgulcoin for a good goy founder.
You could publish a procedurally-generated RPG that requires a man to come to my house and cuck me with my wife and I'll still pre-order it. I love procedurally generated RPGs that much. The only purchasing debate is whether the founders pack comes with a bigger or a smaller dick.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
You could publish a procedurally-generated RPG that requires a man to come to my house and cuck me with my wife and I'll still pre-order it. I love procedurally generated RPGs that much. The only purchasing debate is whether the founders pack comes with a bigger or a smaller dick.

I mean they're fun and all but... post launch is ok too.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Shadow of War has a ranked online mode
So that's why they put in the microstransactions that absolutely affect gameplay.

They are aping the worst parts of F2P mobile crap and showing it into AAA single player games.
I don't really understand the ranked fighting, but I think it sounds cool if it's implemented well. I still don't care about the loot crates or whatever as long as I can earn the shit ingame without too much trouble.

Without reading much about that mode or this game in general, I think it'd be cool if there was a game-mode where you had an hour of solo-time to build an orc army, and then could 1v1 another dude's army.

Last edited:

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I don't really understand the ranked fighting, but I think it sounds cool if it's implemented well.

It isn't because the cash shop will play into the rank based on "Rare orcs" they will get from the cash shop.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I don't really understand the ranked fighting, but I think it sounds cool if it's implemented well. I still don't care about the loot crates or whatever as long as I can earn the shit ingame without too much trouble.

Without reading much about that mode or this game in general, I think it'd be cool if there was a game-mode where you had an hour of solo-time to build an orc army, and then could 1v1 another dude's army.
You get to beef up your orc army and fortress, which the cash shop can speed up/make easier and then others have to kill them. So to be the very best, you need the absolute best orcs, which will either take time to grind out, or you can drop cash to speed it up. Assuming they won't ever introduce any cash shop only orcs that will be straight up better.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You get to beef up your orc army and fortress, which the cash shop can speed up/make easier and then others have to kill them. So to be the very best, you need the absolute best orcs, which will either take time to grind out, or you can drop cash to speed it up. Assuming they won't ever introduce any cash shop only orcs that will be straight up better.
I hope they make all RMT orcs a special color so people know which ones to enjoy killing.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Hahahaha - May as well be with how many copies it will sell now :p

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
This title went from must buy to complete tanked so fast. It reminds me of the last SimCity title...I was so hyped.....until I found out the details. Really, really sad, as I loved the first Middle Earth game a lot.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Still really hyped for this game, as I believe the content itself will be GotY quality. But damn, this announcement fucking sucks. May wait a few months to buy an otherwise, Day 1 game.

Ladro

Anomaly
The only way to correct this type of monetization is for the consumers to vote with their wallets. It's our only recourse to combat what I'm sure some executive thought was a great bandwagon to jump on because of the success games like GTA:V online and Overwatch have seen with microtransactions. It's fine for F2P/B2P games where the cosmetic upgrades are innocuous to the overall gameplay, but this shit is just downright retarded in a single player full priced arguably AAA title that's been eagerly awaited by fans of the original. This was a day 1 pre-order for me that has been cancelled for a maybe GOTY (if it gets that far) sale buy on Steam/XBL.

TL;DR - Fuck this cash grab.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user