Middle-earth: Shadow of War (Shadow of Mordor Sequel)

Sulrn

Deuces
I'm still in Michigan!

Good, because I thought it a poignant point that you would want to live out your fantasies from living in a hellish landscape in a digital format safely from the comfort of your own home. Go forth and "slay those orcs".

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
What? Your statement reads like...

"I was considering eating pizza. Cost aside, I really hate pizza when it comes to eating food."

Ok... you do you bro, lol.

Gameplay looks cool and interesting. Cost bullshit aside. Still hate LOTR though.

Comprende?

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Yes Michigan. Michigan is where it's at, son.

Unless you want clean water and a stable economy. :(

bedce63afeb8d62ee7ecd3fc387c390b.jpg

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Tell that to family and friends in Flint. That is what I was referring to good sir.
Tell your friends and family in Flint to move away from Flint regardless of the water. Detroit is coming back, Flint is a shit-hole and will always be a shit hole.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
this should just be the Michigan thread

BFE Thumb area MI resident checking in here

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Sulrn Sulrn I hope they have a Flint DLC where I can go become lord of the shit-bird rednecks and collect all the remaining fresh-water in the city. It'd be Fallout in Tolkein's universe.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
The next Mad Max movie should take place in Flint.

Tuco, you're down by Ann Arbor or Battle Creek or something like that aren't you?

I grew up in the Flint area. My family owns land up by Mackinaw and though I lived in MN for 18 years, that's where I consider home to be.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The next Mad Max movie should take place in Flint.

Tuco, you're down by Ann Arbor or Battle Creek or something like that aren't you?

I grew up in the Flint area. My family owns land up by Mackinaw and though I lived in MN for 18 years, that's where I consider home to be.
Yes.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
This is what happens when you institute pay to win in your pay to play game on gaming forums. Publishers take note.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Wrathin3L

Peasant
Am I the only person that watched the dev dragon fight video and think, "This looks like unmodded Skyrim level of ugly texturing?" or "This 'dragon' fight has less mechanical polish than a Super Mario 64 bowser fight? ".

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Still, fuck 'em. I just built a new rig and I'm more than happy to load it up with Skyrim and all the textures and mods I couldn't use 5 years ago.

Sulrn

Deuces
Forthog Orc-Slayer DLC Upate - WB Games Community

Guess profiting from a dev's death was a bit too far.

"It was always our intent to donate all profits from the DLC." ...yet every ad clearly stated only a percentage of sales. What's more likely - WB Games telling the truth the first time around or WB Games intentionally lying about handling of funds to skirt around domestic/international financial law? It doesn't matter - there's no winning there - scummy producer is scummy.

Good thing we have some filter feeding whales on this board / the gaming community abroad to keep them afloat. :rolleyes:

Zaphid said:
I like how a small print from an official ad was turned into a "confusing tweet".

They're talking about the direct response in regards to someone asking about purchasing internationally and whether or not the funds would be going into the fund (no international purchases are not included).

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
To ensure the two original aims are still met and to provide transparency to the community, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment will instead make a donation directly to the Forgey family. The DLC will be withdrawn from sale and will be a free download for owners of Middle-earth: Shadow of War. Anyone who has purchased the DLC will receive a full refund. If there is interest in donating directly to the family, please visit their youcaring site: Help Michael Forgey (Mike 4G) fight cancer.

Ah, what they should have done from the start and what any competent PR person would think to do.

I'm still holding to my original opinion: Some dumb bitch came up with this idea and it got pushed all the way out the door because nobody wanted to deal with her retardedness and risk the social cost of being seen as combating a memorial idea.

I think there's zero chance this was some bean counter in accounting thinking of a way to get a few more bucks out of a game they were about to release. That shit happens years after when a parent company acquires a has-been outfit. It's something I could see EA doing to Bioware.