Minecraft Dungeons

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone know if this has local Co-op for the PC version? I wanna get it to play on the big-screen with the kid and playing together is a huge plus in my book.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
Anyone know if this has local Co-op for the PC version? I wanna get it to play on the big-screen with the kid and playing together is a huge plus in my book.
It does and you need a controller for each player (can't do KB/Mouse + 1 controller) It's not splitscreen and if a non leader is off the screen it teleports them to the leader. So that's probably a plus to help the kid keep up :)

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

BrellWatcher

Trakanon Raider
It does and you need a controller for each player (can't do KB/Mouse + 1 controller) It's not splitscreen and if a non leader is off the screen it teleports them to the leader. So that's probably a plus to help the kid keep up :)
That is a good thing. I played last night with my wife, daughter and her friend each with our own ps4 and its a complete shit show. The kids tend to wander off and get killed and then its a rush to heal them before night fucks the rest of us up.

• 1Worf

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
That is a good thing. I played last night with my wife, daughter and her friend each with our own ps4 and its a complete shit show. The kids tend to wander off and get killed and then its a rush to heal them before night fucks the rest of us up.

Local Co-op is AMAZING if done correctly.

I remember Gunstar Heroes and nearly ever arcade-ish game done for decades had "Local Co-op", they were awesome party games.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I like the game a lot especially for $20. It's nice not having an overly complex skill tree to worry about.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have a unique called Gravity Hammer. It has crit, swirling, and lifesteal for its enchants. just a monster. Especially coupled with a deathcap mushroom

Chris

Potato del Grande
How is it with gamepad? I'd never even consider playing Diablo or PoE on a console, but I assume this game being more kid-friendly isn't on that level when it comes to controls.
PoE is great with console. Inventory isn't as bad as you'd think and I've never had an issue with auto target, it hits what you want 99% of the time.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Diablo 3 is one of my favorite couch co-op games ever. It's executed particularly well and I can never get enough of the nemesis system that I wish was on PC. Some playstyles or builds I absolutely can't imagine playing on a controller though.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
PoE is great with console. Inventory isn't as bad as you'd think and I've never had an issue with auto target, it hits what you want 99% of the time.
Well, for PoE it's not just the controls. I'd never play on console because I have a ton of MTX that don't xfer over, and after playing it for years on an ultrawide monitor I will never go back to 16:9.

Some playstyles or builds I absolutely can't imagine playing on a controller though.
MS DH was about the only thing I could stand when I tried it on Switch.

Considering getting is it wasd or click to move?
I installed this on both PC and Xbone. M/k is just like any other Diablo-esque ARPG--click to move, LMB to melee, RMB for ranged, there's a roll move like Diablo 3 on console, and you get 3 skills that you can activate at will (they come from artifacts that you equip). Gamepad isn't bad either, since you don't really need precise targeting for anything.

I probably would've switched between PC and console but sadly there doesn't seem to be any cross-save support.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I have stumbled into a build that I find super-effective to the point where I am not sure I can really diverge from it too much.

Also note that there are a number of secret things in the game. Opened up a whole additional region and I suspect there are more.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I have stumbled into a build that I find super-effective to the point where I am not sure I can really diverge from it too much.

Also note that there are a number of secret things in the game. Opened up a whole additional region and I suspect there are more.
I like how easy it is to make different builds but sucks that it's tied to items that your will eventually outlevel.

If you hold down the map button(game doesn't tell you this) it will bring up the actual map (not the over lay). In the bottom left corner it will tell you how many secrets and chests are on the map.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
From watching some streams of this game, the major flaw in this is that your skills are tied to items and their "enchants?" or whatever you want to call them, and its pretty much all hidden behind a solid wall of RNG. So your build pretty much is reliant on 100% RNG which in my opinion is a big no no for games.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I might pick this up for PC. My brainpower just not there anymore to play PoE and could use it to kill time.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
How would this be solo? I’ve done the diablo 3 thing (years ago) and just tried PoE but man I’m getting old or something. Too much going on with the massive amounts of runes and linking them, sifting through piles of trash loot, and jugging a bazillion currencies. Anyways, MCD seems like a well done simplified version and that’s appealing, but would I get the full experience solo or is it designed around coop to fully access reasonably?

Vorph

I'm only playing solo (and only ever play D3, PoE, etc. solo), don't really see anything that would benefit significantly from coop.

That said, I agree completely with mkopec mkopec 's post above. Occasionally the game hands you a bunch of shit that works well together and you have an actual "build", but then five minutes later better stuff with zero synergy drops and you're fucked because you can't really keep using outdated items.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I'm only playing solo (and only ever play D3, PoE, etc. solo), don't really see anything that would benefit significantly from coop.
Introvert? Not shaming you, just curious. I have a hard time playing these types of games solo. I will do it from time to time, but I generally reach out to a friend and see if they are interested in doing a season with me etc.

Vorph

Introvert? Not shaming you, just curious. I have a hard time playing these types of games solo. I will do it from time to time, but I generally reach out to a friend and see if they are interested in doing a season with me etc.
Yeah, but that's not really the reason I mostly avoid ARPG coop.

I have friends who play PoE, but never really saw much point in grouping other than the stupid shit like getting all the lab trials or doing master rotations pre-Betrayal. I'm not nearly insane enough to play SSF. D3 I never really grouped other than for PL, mostly because the screen turns into an ungodly mess of particle and ground effects (not that PoE is much better if anybody is using MTX).

This game seems like it would be fun to play couch coop, especially with younger kids, but I don't see anything in it that hinders people who just want to play solo/offline at all.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Some secrets don't always exist on any given run of a map. Take note of the number of secrets available on the map view and rarely it will increase indicating you have a chance at one of the special secrets that unlock new zones.

There's also some sort of thing going on with the church back at camp and the tubes but I have no idea quite what it is.