Minecraft Dungeons

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Got this to play with my brother and his 8-year old. Gotta say super impressed. Wasn't expecting much but this is quite well done.

We used to play Castle Crashers and this is even more fun COOP.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Got this to play with my brother and his 8-year old. Gotta say super impressed. Wasn't expecting much but this is quite well done.

We used to play Castle Crashers and this is even more fun COOP.

I don't know what it was about Castle Crashers but that game started fights every time we played. Kill-stealing was a bitch.

I want to pick this up for shits and grins but no time for sure now due to spinning2win on D3 and Ghost of Tsushima.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I don't know what it was about Castle Crashers but that game started fights every time we played. Kill-stealing was a bitch.

I want to pick this up for shits and grins but no time for sure now due to spinning2win on D3 and Ghost of Tsushima.
On PS4 at least, the biggest frustration is that inventory screens lock every other player out and don't pause the game. So when my 6 year old fat fingers the inventory button in the middle of a huge fight, my 8 year old and I immediately yell HEY and hope we're not already dead :emoji_joy:

What we did to at least help alleviate that problem is agreed to only open inventory for huge upgrades and between missions.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user
inventory screens lock every other player out and don't pause the game

I get why this would be the case for online play, but it's blindingly stupid for local co-op. My daughter has never once finished sorting her inventory before we get attacked.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I saw I could get this for $1 with this gamepass shit on PC so said fuck it, why not. Anyone know if Gamepass games come with DLC?

Hi everyone. I've played Minecraft Dungeons and it's pretty interesting. But I like classic Minecraft better, since It has a lot more freedom. If you are interested, I recently opened my own server with the help of guys who sell premium hosting servers. This is a peaceful server without grifiers. I think everyone here can have a lot of fun. I even have my own discord server, so if you are interested, I will write to you.

Last edited:

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Went to get the DLC but somehow my kids account got erased. Seems like known issue with no resolution.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The game grew on me a bit and I have put a few hours into this without kids. It's good enough to be compelling, but not compelling enough (for me) to grind for the perfect gear.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I’ve never done anything Minecraft but was think of introducing my 5yo to it. Clicked this thread and happy I did, I’ve been looking for a good kid friendly arpg to play with him and never even knew this existed. Will be grabbing this today.

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I hit a bit of a gaming rut and decided to platinum this on PS4. The kids weren't as excited to play on the harder difficulties as they died a lot so I did Apocalypse largely solo. I highly recommend Fighter's Gloves or Maulers (can farm quickly in Soggy Cave) with Radiant enchant, Mushroom artifact, and 50% artifact cooldown (battle robe and cd enchant is what I used).

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
My kid isn’t very good at it yet, I feel like I say “dude follow me please” every two minutes. He’s still getting used to controllers though. I find if I engage him more often like pulling the map up and asking him where we should go (even though there’s only ever like one branch at a time) he’s more willing to pay attention and get to where we are supposed to be going.

He’s started asking if we can play it at least, so that’s cool. We will hop on and do one or two dungeons before he starts getting too distracted.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I hit a bit of a gaming rut and decided to platinum this on PS4. The kids weren't as excited to play on the harder difficulties as they died a lot so I did Apocalypse largely solo. I highly recommend Fighter's Gloves or Maulers (can farm quickly in Soggy Cave) with Radiant enchant, Mushroom artifact, and 50% artifact cooldown (battle robe and cd enchant is what I used).

I love how this went from “I put in a few hours alone” on Thursday to “I Platinumed it” on Monday.

Reminds me of my dad when a game hooks him. He will start slow then something clicks and he’s all-fucking-in. I remember him playing heroes of might and magic for 20 hours straight one Saturday and only ate because I brought him some Taco Bell that night. Funny stuff.

• 1Worf

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Only played it on the switch and it runs fine to me and the kids switch light. plus it is nice to have the portability.

I bought it on the ps4 because I read it had performance issues on the switch. Found out my neighbor has it on switch and he said he didn’t notice any performance problems with it. I would have went that way so our sons can play together but oh well. If he really starts to like it and they want to I’ll just buy it again I guess. So far they haven’t really liked gaming together, ones always better than the other so the other doesn’t want to play.

• 1Like