Minecraft

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
It's be interested and willing to donate a bit, depending on the setup and addons used.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
we're looking to go as vanilla as possible. no tekkit, simple vanilla multi... maybe creeper protection on structures, at least until we get a decent safe spawn zone

intelnavi_sl

shitlord
Bros I have your back. I will make you a server with reliable hosting and bandwidth for donations. Give me one day to build the server.

It will be tekkit (soon to be FTB) survival (unless you absolutely want creative) with live map, etc. just because it's a bit easier to maintain at this point than messing with bukkit again. Instructions will follow.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Does this game ever go on sale, I wants it. >.<
Nope, a quiet day for them still sells 10k copies at $30 a pop. Their customer service and authentication servers (DRM free?!) take money to run you know!

Jesus, looking at their site just now the counter ticked up 150 in about a minute and its now almost at 8.5m

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
Vanilla server should be up later tonite, will begin setting up basic mp server mgmt mods shortly

right now it's capped at 15 users and 1gb RAM, but that can change

send PM for server IP and whitelist

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Please no Tekkit. Last server went from "hey this industry stuff is cool" to raped surface of the moon in like a week. The machine building was fine, but the magical items in EE were just over the top stupid.

Arkk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Please no Tekkit. Last server went from "hey this industry stuff is cool" to raped surface of the moon in like a week. The machine building was fine, but the magical items in EE were just over the top stupid.
The 1.4.6 release of Feed the Beast should be just around the corner, and you might have a far better time with it than you did with Tekkit. Mystcraft is included from the get-go, meaning you could set up a separate age for quarries and the like, leaving the main world unblemished aside from whatever gets built in it. Additionally, Equivalent Exchange has been gutted and completely rebuilt between the 2.0 and 3 prereleases - at current it only really allows simple transmutation via the EMC system, and even then only a limited amount (the Philosopher's Stone isn't available in-game yet, and the Minium Stone - the currently available predecessor - has a limited number of uses). Energy Collectors/Condensers/Relays (the "power flower" assembly) are not scheduled to make a return. I also don't believe any of the equipment from the earlier releases is currently available, though I do know at least some of it is slated to return at some point.

The 1.4.6 release of Feed the Beast should be just around the corner, and you might have a far better time with it than you did with Tekkit. Mystcraft is included from the get-go, meaning you could set up a separate age for quarries and the like, leaving the main world unblemished aside from whatever gets built in it. Additionally, Equivalent Exchange has been gutted and completely rebuilt between the 2.0 and 3 prereleases - at current it only really allows simple transmutation via the EMC system, and even then only a limited amount (the Philosopher's Stone isn't available in-game yet, and the Minium Stone - the currently available predecessor - has a limited number of uses). Energy Collectors/Condensers/Relays (the "power flower" assembly) are not scheduled to make a return. I also don't believe any of the equipment from the earlier releases is currently available, though I do know at least some of it is slated to return at some point.
lmao @ someone taking the name arkk? strange bird.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The part of EE that I liked was the ability to turn cobble and other relatively useless stuff into diamonds. The items were too game-breaking

A form of lockette, certain parts of EE, portals/teleporting, some type of centralized shop/economy mod. These are some of the basic mods that I've always thought belonged in vanilla. (The emerald trading with testificates doesn't really count but it's cool.

intelnavi_sl

shitlord
Multiverse works with tekkit so I create a separate quarry world and link them. Lockette, essentials, worldguard, creeperheal, dynmap, etc. Definitely awaiting FTB.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
The first FTB pack, Minecrack, released tonight. The DW20 pack was suppose to also be today or tomorrow and the Ultimate pack a bit later in the week.

Reiker

Golden Knight of the Realm
fuck yeah fireworks

515jT.gif

xzi

Mouthbreather
Wait they added fireworks? I just realized how long it's been since I've played. I'd be down for playing after all this christmas shenanigans is over

Sumi_sl

shitlord
I play a FTB server with a group of folks from work. Stinks that the authentication for minecraft logins is down at the moment.

Saladus

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Tekkit was very fun for a while... Was crazy seeing the amazing assembly lines converting raw mats into other mats and placing them automatically within boxes. Problem with Tekkit for me, is that it completely diminished the essence of what Minecraft was about. To me, on vanilla mode at least, MC has always been about exploration, and building. The instant we start a new server, every time on vanilla at least, everyone looks for the coolest caves / mountains to build their shit in. The simplicity of vanilla is that as soon as you log on, you can keep building and exploring.

With Tekkit, while it was fun at first, it seems like over time you're spending more and more time glued to the areas where you have built your machines, and you're spending tons of time just to tinker with those machines. As someone who played casually for an hour or so, I was getting simply depressed at the thought of logging back in to try to play, because that meant always going through a time consuming routine of breaking out all my machines / tools to start mining. By the tme I felt I was set up, I'd have 30 minutes left to play. Yea, I could just go out there old school with a pick and axe, but when you saw people quarrying out huge chunks of land, what's the point? Tekkit certainly is interesting, but again, to me it's not what Minecraft is about. I consider Tekkit to be more about building shitloads of pipes and machines, whereas vanilla MC is about exploring and shaping parts of worlds.