Minecraft

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Any chance a mod can hop on real quick and enable the /back command? /home would be nice too...

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
vanilla survival... /home kinda defeats the purpose.. makes for no risk farming

same could be said for /back

if the majority of the server wants it, I'll consider it... but neither are what I had in mind for vanilla SMP

Reiker

Golden Knight of the Realm
I prefer completely vanilla survival with no mods that really impede on that. I was even kinda meh about starting out with stone tools, heh. I know everyone has their own preferences, but those are mine.

I was told there's a place with signs to important coordinates. I'm not sure where that is, so I found a desert village with a zombie spawner at x 151, z 658. It's not a very good village, but I barricaded the villagers.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I died fairly quickly and lost those tools!

I'm building in the sky opposite direction from the spawn where most people are building. Feel free to make your own sky islands next to mine
smile.png

Reiker

In the area west of spawn I set up a cow farm and a wheat farm for breeding. I also have an enchanting table with 15 book cases at my base if someone wants to spend their levels.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
./back would teleport you to your corpse after you died. Was more a kneejerk reaction to having explored way the hell out, found a jungle temple, sacked it, and then died to a horde of skellys losing what i thought at the time was irreplaceable loot! In the light of day, surivival would hardly be survival without risk and loss.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
I'm building in the sky opposite direction from the spawn where most people are building. Feel free to make your own sky islands next to mine
smile.png
Would you mind leaving the ground around the area untouched? Your ladder is basically 10 steps out my front door and i had plans for that lake.

Reiker

Server just go down?

Edit: Yikes, you didn't lose the chiseled brick did you?!?????? Server had hiccuped but it's back.

Edit2: That was fucking weird, I was digging a mineshaft down and I ended up breaking a couple silverfish blocks. Then the server crashed a few seconds later. Definitely down right now.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
server is up but the host seems to be upgrading hardware and control module, so web control module is down..

i'll add anyone that requested whitelist as soon as it's back up and i'm online.

happy new year!

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
I like Lockette, other than that, vanilla is good for me. Not sure what nifty mods there are but I like just having basic.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Would you mind leaving the ground around the area untouched? Your ladder is basically 10 steps out my front door and i had plans for that lake.
Yeah I'm really sorry about that, I started during the day and didn't see your door until the nighttime because of the torch. The ladder is temporary and will be gone as soon as I can link my island up to hell, please remove the bottom of it if you need to.

I'm on the cloudline so shouldn't bother all but the tallest craziest castles
smile.png

xzi

Mouthbreather
I think I see your island in the sky, looks alright so far!
biggrin.png
I'm building down on a lake not too far off from you. Making a little fishing village or harbor type place I think.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Right horrible ladder is gone, my stuff is now reachable via hell portals \o/
maybe we could set up some sort of wider transportation network down there?

The only sign I was at the lake now is the giant shadow and the wooden tile at the bottom of the lake, remove at your own risk!

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
all that requested whitelist have been authorized.

it seems that the server might have hiccuped a couple times today, let's hope it's due to the hardware upgrade.

I've got a service ticket in to figure out why there's a delay with the whitelisting and to diagnose the server stability.

we currently have 23 whitelisted players, and growing by a few each day, and our server is cap'd at 15 users... a service upgrade may be in order soon... let me know if you attempt to log in and are unable to due to the user cap.

Reiker

I'll probably be doing a lot in the Nether. I'm about to set up a "ghetto blaze exp farm" and eventually turn it into a simple blaze exp farm but that takes a lot of work. I can also set up a transportation system.

For sale:
Diamond Sword
Sharpness IV
Fire Aspect II

Diamond Sword
Knockback II
Bane of Arthropods IV

Want to buy/trade for:
Ender Pearls

Someone took all my stone, so I've locked everything in my base. If you need something, propose a trade or at least leave something behind in exchange that you feel is fair (and leave a sign informing me).

Edit: Server down again.... so I didn't really get to finish everything up, but the "ghetto blaze exp farm" is at 215, 101 in the Nether. There's a chest with fire resistance potions, take one or two and fight blazes. They'll only be able to damage you via melee so you'll be relatively safe and shouldn't die unless you forget to eat or something. Bring armor and swords. I'll build a safe route to it whenever the server comes back up. Hopefully it's just a reboot or something.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I noticed 100's of unmined obsidian in your basement Reiker so I hope you didn't mind me taking 14, I will replace it if you needed it.
If you have no plans for it, I was thinking that a hell portal could go down there for easy obsidian access and then build transport in the nether around the map? What do you think?

I need epic amounts of dirt so donations are welcome
smile.png

Reiker

I don't care if you mine obsidian from my basement, that's just lava I've turned into obsidian so I could get to ores. I use that as a mine.

I'm working on a transport system from the central Nether portal to the blaze farm at the moment, but it's incomplete. I'm going to need a lot more stone, and I'm also going to need a ton of stone to actually complete my base. So yeah, I'm going to be mining a lot of stone but if anyone wants to donate/sell me any, that would be appreciated since it's mostly going towards public things the server can use. Once I basically get all the functional stuff I want operational, I'll just mine the world and be swimming in resources. But in the meantime, stone.

I'm going to look for a stronghold soon, how do you guys want to handle the dragon? Or should I just hold off for a while? I don't want to just go and kill the dragon myself and rob everyone else of the RL & in-game experience.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
Tekkit provides a short burst of fun. A new, fresh Minecraft experience that amazes for a few days and then quickly frustrates. It requires one to be experienced with vanilla MC and somewhat tired of it. If it catches you in that period of time after you've had enough of vanilla for a while, it's priceless. But I don't see it ever captivating anyone but the most dedicated group of players for more than a week or so.

I am sure Tekkit (or FTB actually, since it's the same mods, only better) can make a return some time. Right now Vanilla just sounds much better though.