Minecraft

Azziane_sl

shitlord
all that requested whitelist have been authorized.

it seems that the server might have hiccuped a couple times today, let's hope it's due to the hardware upgrade.

I've got a service ticket in to figure out why there's a delay with the whitelisting and to diagnose the server stability.

we currently have 23 whitelisted players, and growing by a few each day, and our server is cap'd at 15 users... a service upgrade may be in order soon... let me know if you attempt to log in and are unable to due to the user cap.
Are you using any whitelisting plugin? Some of them allow you to whitelist dynamically - as opposed to having to wait for the server restart. DE whitelist (http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/dy...ect-whitelist/) I think is the one I used to use. Very easy to setup with mySQL online services (you don't need to have a SQL server running on the side or anything).

Reiker

Golden Knight of the Realm
Tekkit provides a short burst of fun. A new, fresh Minecraft experience that amazes for a few days and then quickly frustrates. It requires one to be experienced with vanilla MC and somewhat tired of it. If it catches you in that period of time after you've had enough of vanilla for a while, it's priceless. But I don't see it ever captivating anyone but the most dedicated group of players for more than a week or so.

I am sure Tekkit (or FTB actually, since it's the same mods, only better) can make a return some time. Right now Vanilla just sounds much better though.
Just because you play an FTB modpack doesn't mean you can't play vanilla. Very rarely does FTB get in the way of vanilla gameplay, the only thing I can think of is needing a compressor to turn 9 metals / 4 glowstone into a block, although that's only with the Mindcrack pack and even then you can turn off those recipes in the config. FTB just gives you more things to do, but doesn't take away from the vanilla experience at all. If you like building things, you can still do that in FTB without getting caught up in all the machinery. In fact, I'd still recommend FTB if you purely enjoy building since there's all kinds of new aesthetic blocks, not to mention Red Power's microblock system that really should just be in vanilla anyways.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
But I don't see it ever captivating anyone but the most dedicated group of players for more than a week or so.
It's more for a different sort of player. I love it to death and don't really like the thought of vanilla alone anymore. To me it's more fun to build the complicated machines now.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
It's more for a different sort of player. I love it to death and don't really like the thought of vanilla alone anymore. To me it's more fun to build the complicated machines now.
Same here. I more or less end up doing the same sorts of things in vanilla each time, so with FTB I can explore a different way to get the same thing done, along with so many others. Like, I will always typically have some sort of tree farm at some point, as well as wheat, reeds, etc. With Forestry I can automate that...except I've never done it and am not really sure what is involved, so I get to experiment and learn something new for awhile instead of manually planting and harvesting the same farms I've been planting and harvesting since day one. And once I set that up, well why not have the harvested stuff automatically go into my chests via a sorting system and tubes? Sure I can go do it all by hand and remember which chest I store it all in, but I've done that a million times too. And then why not have those spare apples turned into apple juice automatically and then stored in a tank? Etc.

Sure it eliminates a lot of menial tasks from vanilla, but it introduces at least as many more new tasks. Once you're tired of vanilla it is definitely worth checking out. For me, at least, it breathed a whole new life into Minecraft. I was sick and tired of it and couldn't see myself building yet another "cool base" from which I did...nothing. Now I've got all kinds of crazy shit to try, and probably fail at.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
The FTB launcher doesn't launch for me
frown.png

Why does god hate me

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
The FTB launcher doesn't launch for me
frown.png

Why does god hate me
I had a similar issue where it would launch but not do anything but launch a vanilla MC instance. I ended up deleting all of it and putting it into a completely new directory and that seemed to fix it.

Reiker

First someone stole all my stone, and then someone stole all of my blaze rodsafter I spent hours setting up an area where you can farm your own damn blazes complete with an enchanting table.

Fuck off. Either tell me who's stealing my shit or I stop building community stuff.

Reiker

Chests can be locked, this time someone stole blaze rods out of my furnaces, since I locked all my chests after someone pilfered my stone.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
Reiker, find me or digitalx in game. we'll replace what was stolen, and we'll see if we can track down who took it.

to whomever it is, for shame!

there are only 25 or so registered to the server, so let's play like a community.

**by the way, furnaces and doors can be locked too.... see tutorial here for detailshttp://youtu.be/CVcU_ZPgF0E**

Reiker

It's not so much that I care about the actual items, it's that there's obviously some untrustworthy people on this server. Stealing some resources leads to them blowing up your shit when they get bored. And [Private] signs covering everything is really ugly.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I always conceal my private signs for that very reason. Dey be ugly. I put them on the backs of chest or side etc. My OCD extends into the virtual world.
smile.png

Intropy

Shit Gamer
On every server we've had since the original one we've always had a steady amount of fairly low level theft/vandalism. But its always been really minor stuff and it's never been a big enough issue to really disturb the community as a whole. No one has ever escalated into full scale destruction of people's projects. That said I don't really understand it myself, its just a fun community server, I'm not really sure why anyone would go to the trouble of risking disrupting the good thing we've got going, some people just want to watch the world burn I guess.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
On every server we've had since the original one we've always had a steady amount of fairly low level theft/vandalism. But its always been really minor stuff and it's never been a big enough issue to really disturb the community as a whole. No one has ever escalated into full scale destruction of people's projects. That said I don't really understand it myself, its just a fun community server, I'm not really sure why anyone would go to the trouble of risking disrupting the good thing we've got going, some people just want to watch the world burn I guess.
Like those Italians with the Lava, they wanted to see the world burn.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I apologise for the really ugly staircase near the spawn, I'll take it down tomorrow. I just need it to spread grass to my castle, I already lured several sheep and cows up it.

I did take the livestock from the farms near spawn but I've rebreeded them to replace what has gone. I also "borrowed" some spare wheat and seeds of various types from the farms near spawn to replant in my base, I'll come back with more to replace them with ASAP. Hope thats ok!

Reiker

Whoever the fuck decided to fight pigmen at the Nether portal: fuck you. My connection is a little slow so it takes time for me to load in chunks before I can react, so now there's a bunch of angry pigmen at the portal with a bunch of my enchanted shit that just rape me before I can even react.

Whoever you are, you're a fucking dick, guy.

Edit: Nether is mostly unfucked, be careful of pigmen. Should be safe to use the main portal again.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sounds like we need to re-break PoHate!
Edit, your stuff is in a chest below the nether gate.