Miniature Painting

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Eh mine are not good enough to seal yet lol.
I was considering an airbrush though...
I'll wait till I have a few more under my belt.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Eh mine are not good enough to seal yet lol.
I was considering an airbrush though...
I'll wait till I have a few more under my belt.

Airbrush is really fun for me, it makes me actually enjoy priming. The priming job is much nicer too. It’s expensive though, mine was ~$300. So I wouldn’t really recommend it to beginners unless they are loving the hobby.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
What AB did you get that cost 300 bucks? I have an Iwata eclipse gravity fed that I didn't pay that much for I dont think. Its been a few years since I bought it.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
What AB did you get that cost 300 bucks? I have an Iwata eclipse gravity fed that I didn't pay that much for I dont think. Its been a few years since I bought it.

Iwata eclipse was ~$130 and tank was ~$180. I meant my all in price.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I have 40+ hr job. Wife. Small Kid. Start night school soon. Video game addiction. 3d printing. Board gaming.

Fu.
I came home last night and went to bed immediately. Slept 5pm-6:30am.

FML: redux

• 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
9-10 or 10:30 pm is my time to set aside for this! I also work for myself so I can steal some time here and there.

Airbrush... I just love the colored primer coats and honestly it looks fun. But really it would be overkill for me at this stage. Once I get say 10 done and I'm still going strong I'd do it. I'm gonna try to finish my 4th tonight or tomorrow.

• 1Like

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Yeah I dont really use my AB for mini painting as of yet. I also build plastic models from time to time and use it for that.

• 1Like

Phanton

Trakanon Raider
Hateyou Hateyou that mini came out god tier awesome. Love the faint glow of the crystals and that weathered look on the back bell. Damn fine work sir.

• 1Ding!

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hero Forge has Arrived.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Hateyou Hateyou that mini came out god tier awesome. Love the faint glow of the crystals and that weathered look on the back bell. Damn fine work sir.

Thanks sir. I put it on my Instagram (Posting minis there is my only social media) and it has half as many likes as the same mini just xenithal primed. I am not sure how to take that lol.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Good video. I like seeing how people actually paint to get those results.. I should probably look up some brush stroke techniques soon. For now I'll wait for my new brushes and wet palette that should be here soon. I'm starting to realize my brushes are really not great. Good enough for beginners though.

Considering I only started this around 10 days ago I have a nice starting collection going. 4 done and a 5th nearly complete. Just need to dry brush and touch up.

20190719_220235.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Good video. I like seeing how people actually paint to get those results.. I should probably look up some brush stroke techniques soon. For now I'll wait for my new brushes and wet palette that should be here soon. I'm starting to realize my brushes are really not great. Good enough for beginners though.

Considering I only started this around 10 days ago I have a nice starting collection going. 4 done and a 5th nearly complete. Just need to dry brush and touch up.

View attachment 215869

Nice progress man.

Check this video out to help you out with the eyes, it’s quick and simple and improved mine immediately. I just didn’t understand how they were done at all til I watched this. She shows you two different methods in under five minutes.

• 1Like

Phanton

Trakanon Raider
Nice progress man.

Check this video out to help you out with the eyes, it’s quick and simple and improved mine immediately. I just didn’t understand how they were done at all til I watched this. She shows you two different methods in under five minutes.

Eyes are the fuggin worst. I definitely struggle with this myself. I can never get them to be simultaniously circular/symmetrical/proportionate to the face.

• 1Solidarity