<Bronze Donator>
Another Dreadrock survivor.

9D3FBCC6-AA13-43D8-9EE0-46CDE0FEEA15.jpeg
052D6A21-90DE-48E1-BC47-A701E6464353.jpeg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ground floor for a dragon heist encounter printed, models for the latest kickstarter just got released so I can start in the 2nd floor. Need to paint up all the crates boxes barrels and bags of scatter.

20190815_162620.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
What printer are you using? I've been thinking about trying to get one to print stuff like this and minis.
I have a Prusa Mk3, probably overkill for terrain but does a good job for miniatures, for an FDM printer, would like a resin one for minis but dont want to spend the money or deal with the smell.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Last survivor from the Dreadrock set done. Gigalion up next but may take me a while, have a busy few weeks coming up.

07BD0128-9957-43A4-A4DD-1B960CE3D5BB.jpeg
AD333ADF-1355-4BD1-AE0C-47B36FC20325.jpeg
FC19B3E6-B5E4-45F5-BB6B-414332263E5C.jpeg

• 5Like

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I really like the way you added the light reflecting from the laterns there... awesome effect.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Screenshotted>
How're you just now getting these Vignette minis? I was reading on BGG that people were receiving them in August. Is this stuff from the very first KS, or something that just now got restocked on the website or what?

Also, are they part of whatever extra stuff comes with the remainder of my All-The-Things pledge from 1.5? (Pinups of Death 1, 2, whatever else, I dunno). Was having a hard time finding solid info on what exactly these are.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
How're you just now getting these Vignette minis? I was reading on BGG that people were receiving them in August. Is this stuff from the very first KS, or something that just now got restocked on the website or what?

Also, are they part of whatever extra stuff comes with the remainder of my All-The-Things pledge from 1.5? (Pinups of Death 1, 2, whatever else, I dunno). Was having a hard time finding solid info on what exactly these are.

I picked it up at Gencon, I didn’t just receive them. I am just now getting them finished painting is all. They first sold it at Gencon, then a week later on their website. It was not part of the Kickstarter, it is newly developed content.

I talked to Adam about it at Gencon, he said what happened was his sculptors all got ahead of the game development so he needed something for them to do. They sculpted this giant Lion as just a new model to sell but people loved it so much they did some quick development on it to make it game content. It is a completely stand alone battle and due to that it was really easy for them to playtest. It comes with the monster and four survivors, and each survivor has a premade gear set, it’s on four cardboard printouts instead of separate gear cards. It’s designed so that you can just have a single battle with friends who don’t have the time or want to do a full campaign.

Once you beat it, you can add it to any campaign as an additional hunt option. It comes with a new settlement location with equipment recipes and gear cards. They have plans on adding more stand alone content like this in the future too, as it was fast development and fans have reacted positively to it.

Last edited:

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Screenshotted>
I picked it up at Gencon, I didn’t just receive them. I am just now getting them finished painting is all. They first sold it at Gencon, then a week later on their website. It was not part of the Kickstarter, it is newly developed content.

I talked to Adam about it at Gencon, he said what happened was his sculptors all got ahead of the game development so he needed something for them to do. They sculpted this giant Lion as just a new model to sell but people loved it so much they did some quick development on it to make it game content. It is a completely stand alone battle and due to that it was really easy for them to playtest. It comes with the monster and four survivors, and each survivor has a premade gear set, it’s on four cardboard printouts instead of separate gear cards. It’s designed so that you can just have a single battle with friends who don’t have the time or want to do a full campaign.

Once you beat it, you can add it to any campaign as an additional hunt option. It comes with a new settlement location with equipment recipes and gear cards. They have plans on adding more stand alone content like this in the future too, as it was fast development and fans have reacted positively to it.

Very cool, thanks for the rundown!

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
3rd ST is done! I'm finally back from vacation and work trips. It's good to be painting again!

FB_IMG_1567819798120.jpg

FB_IMG_1567819806056.jpg

• 5Like

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ok just using this thread to think out loud for a bit. Its time to paint this Hero Forge dude and I'd like him to be a step forward.

Dash Hero Forge.png

I've done a zenithal prime on him and his girlfriend, which is the first time I've done that. So that's progress and trying something new:

20190907_202046.jpg

I know I want him to have a cool blue shield front. So Blue is gonna be my accent color

I'm thinking... Silver base armor, with Black trim. So he'll mostly be silver/black (inspired a bit by Hateyou Hateyou there with his latest stuff)

And then accented with a nice blue, likely that ultramarines blue I used on the marines. My sets are pretty limited still and I love that blue.

Dark brown hair, tanned skin tone, dark brown leather straps I guess? And that tabbard hanging off his waist... I dunno.

I just want to achieve that sort of dark/neutral tones with a blast of blue. So maybe a black base coat and drybrush on silver, then pure black trim?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Ok just using this thread to think out loud for a bit. Its time to paint this Hero Forge dude and I'd like him to be a step forward.

View attachment 222117

I've done a zenithal prime on him and his girlfriend, which is the first time I've done that. So that's progress and trying something new:

View attachment 222118

I know I want him to have a cool blue shield front. So Blue is gonna be my accent color

I'm thinking... Silver base armor, with Black trim. So he'll mostly be silver/black (inspired a bit by Hateyou Hateyou there with his latest stuff)

And then accented with a nice blue, likely that ultramarines blue I used on the marines. My sets are pretty limited still and I love that blue.

Dark brown hair, tanned skin tone, dark brown leather straps I guess? And that tabbard hanging off his waist... I dunno.

I just want to achieve that sort of dark/neutral tones with a blast of blue. So maybe a black base coat and drybrush on silver, then pure black trim?

Are you asking me how to do the KDM style I do? I can run you through it, just not sure if that’s what you tagged me for.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not sure what KDM is but yah if you have a link to something I'd check it out. Would be good to see how it's done!
Now that I understand it's called KDM I googled it and I see a few vids.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
KDM is Kingdom Death monster. Those are the models I’m doing in the stone look.

Just prime them black, paint them dark grey. Wash entire thing with Drakenhof Nightshade or some other dark blue wash. You can experiment with other washes too, they just have a different tint to them, Agrax looks brownish instead of dark blue, etc. then drybrush the whole thing with a lighter grey like Dawnstone. Then light drybrush with a white.

You’ll then have a model that looks like stone or something similar and can add colors where you want.

• 1Like

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
If you do get into KDM, just be warned that one of its nicknames is Kingdom Dick-Monster. Basically every model outside the base game will have at least one perfectly sculpted dick somewhere on the model and most will have multiple.

• 1Worf

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
If you do get into KDM, just be warned that one of its nicknames is Kingdom Dick-Monster. Basically every model outside the base game will have at least one perfectly sculpted dick somewhere on the model and most will have multiple.

As you say that I am painting some hefty lion nuts.

7A1B36C1-E3CF-43B5-8FE7-A2479B0381CB.jpeg

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users