Miniature Painting

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Haven't done the basing yet but excited to try out this Warcry thing. Did these in about 3 hours total.
IMG_20190928_113450.jpg
IMG_20190928_113447.jpg
IMG_20190928_113444.jpg

• 13Like
Reactions: 12 users

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I really like the chain mail on those guys. Nice work.

I got myself an airbrush! Primed a mini for practice. So far so good!

ab1.jpg
ab2.jpg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I really like the chain mail on those guys. Nice work.

I got myself an airbrush! Primed a mini for practice. So far so good!

View attachment 224828View attachment 224829

Nice man. I really enjoy airbrushing but haven’t taken the time to fully take advantage of it, maybe some day when my kid is a little older. There’s a lot of little tips and tricks to make it work better, clog less, etc that are pretty fun.

Have you built a little spray booth yet? I made a ghetto one with a tote, a filter, a fan, and an LED strip. Works great for me.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nice man. I really enjoy airbrushing but haven’t taken the time to fully take advantage of it, maybe some day when my kid is a little older. There’s a lot of little tips and tricks to make it work better, clog less, etc that are pretty fun.

Have you built a little spray booth yet? I made a ghetto one with a tote, a filter, a fan, and an LED strip. Works great for me.

Gonna be working on a booth today! I have it near a window to vent it out, and yeah need a fan and some lighting and away we go. I also have some of those cheap air filters for over my nose and mouth for now.

My goal is to get the priming down, basic black or grey, and then do the Zenithal. After that I'll be messing around with more advanced stuff. I might use it to work on my Dragon or Giants.

A reminder for you guys, Reaper Kickstarter 5 starts around noon est.

I got in on it! My first kickstarter. I figure I owe Reaper for making those really good beginner kits.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fealorn

<Bronze Donator>
I have hundreds of unpainted minis from all the other Reaper kickstarters...i'm sitting this one out. I may get a large piece or two if they are really something otherwise I pretty much just buy metal now since I prefer to paint that and have less time to dedicate to the hobby.

• 1Like

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Gonna be honest I dont vent, I have a Tupperware with LED that I paint into but I dont usually paint long enough at once to feel like I need to, I wear a filter mask when priming and cleaning the brush but otherwise dont worry with acrylics. I'll probably get COPD or something we'll see

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Gonna be honest I dont vent, I have a Tupperware with LED that I paint into but I dont usually paint long enough at once to feel like I need to, I wear a filter mask when priming and cleaning the brush but otherwise dont worry with acrylics. I'll probably get COPD or something we'll see

Gotta die from somethin’

• 1Solidarity

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
so i am hot garbage at painting but i did just have a Warmachine army commissioned from "Dark Bunny Creatives" in NC.

69872707_714079312389896_8692623360217055232_n.jpg

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 7 users

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
That looks incredible.
Amazing job they did. Geez. I wonder how long that took and how many people painted them?

• 1Solidarity

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
so i am hot garbage at painting but i did just have a Warmachine army commissioned from "Dark Bunny Creatives" in NC.

View attachment 224939

Nice. I follow them on IG so i saw a couple of these as they were getting done. Nice color scheme choice, do you get to pick that? What does that run, $2-3kish?

That looks incredible.
Amazing job they did. Geez. I wonder how long that took and how many people painted them?

I think their team has six people on it. Generally when they post pics of themselves it’s 4-6 people. They do some great work.

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bros, I discovered something today. I can't see well enough to paint minis anymore. Sucks getting old.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Bros, I discovered something today. I can't see well enough to paint minis anymore. Sucks getting old.

Get a bigger magnifying glass and more lights!

I struggle sometimes too. I’ve thought about the face mounted magnifiers lol.

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Get a bigger magnifying glass and more lights!

I struggle sometimes too. I’ve thought about the face mounted magnifiers lol.
Yeah, I've got one of these coming from it's motherland.

Hands Free Headband Magnifying Glass, USB Charging Head Magnifier with LED Light Jewelry Craft Watch Hobby 5 Lenses 1.0X 1.5X 2.0X 2.5X 3.5X (Upgraded Version)
Still need to look into getting some glasses though.

• 1Like