Miniature Painting

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Found the bosses for the next section of my D&D campaign.

IMG_20201016_072729.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Phanton

Trakanon Raider
Stripped and re-painted this ole Slaughterpit Zombie Gnoll I had. Very happy with how it came out overall.

1603153070645.png
1603153079971.png

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
D8D9383C-AF7C-4C0A-BFF4-3D91553495A3.jpeg

Haven't painted in awhile but finally got some time to finish this last mini for my kid’s board game Horrify. Tried to add some white on the sun glasses to simulate glare and tried to add some dirt to the robes with a glaze but instead of brown it ended more yellow. Meh.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
View attachment 312172
Haven't painted in awhile but finally got some time to finish this last mini for my kid’s board game Horrify. Tried to add some white on the sun glasses to simulate glare and tried to add some dirt to the robes with a glaze but instead of brown it ended more yellow. Meh.
Glazing is translucent so shows whatever is underneath it. Just do more brown glaze layers on top of what you already have. Each layer will get it closer to the color you are using to glaze.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I had my camera out today testing backdrops. This black is pretty good actually. A random assortment of some of my minis throughout the past year or so.

Miniature line up.JPG

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Say what you want, the new models are several orders of magnitude better than anything they've ever had.

RT dreads were wild looking. Then the metal ones that came in the paper/styrofoam box were better...but they still didn't look like this.

View attachment 312335

Yeah i'm really new to Warhammer, so my only experience is the last year or so. This Redemptor Dreadnaught is really impressive to me. The arms move, hand rotates, the little turrets on the chest move, the middle opens up. You get a choice of guns on both arms. You can do it in a dynamic pose if you want. It's really good. I'm impressed.

I also like where they are going with the newest push fit models like in Indomitus box set. It's so much easier to paint in assemblies.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Arrived yesterday from Spain. I love purple, but I feel like the red looks more Roman.

IMG_20201027_231920_187.jpg
IMG_20201027_231920_191.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Need some advice on basic materials please. I've started off painting some coins (first newb go below to give the idea). I'm using enamel paint on them. The coins are copper plated steel and cupro nickel. I'm going to give it a go pouring small amounts of epoxy resin over them.

1. Will acrylic paints take as well on these metals ?

2. One guy I watched used hairspray to seal the enamel and make it shiny before putting the resin on. Can I use something like Varnish instead or are there any other alternatives ?

3. Can I use washes to give some shading to the bare metal areas ? Any other techniques I can use to do this ?

Thanks in advance.

painting.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Need some advice on basic materials please. I've started off painting some coins (first newb go below to give the idea). I'm using enamel paint on them. The coins are copper plated steel and cupro nickel. I'm going to give it a go pouring small amounts of epoxy resin over them.

1. Will acrylic paints take as well on these metals ?

2. One guy I watched used hairspray to seal the enamel and make it shiny before putting the resin on. Can I use something like Varnish instead or are there any other alternatives ?

3. Can I use washes to give some shading to the bare metal areas ? Any other techniques I can use to do this ?

Thanks in advance.

View attachment 313330
Acrylics will work well on anything that is primed first. Painting directly onto materials with the paint, it will fall off. I can't speak to enamels, sorry. Washes on bare metal, I have no idea there either.

Search for Testors Lacquer for sealer. The matte version is what I use and it's the best I've found because it doesn't change your colors like others I have tried. I haven't tried their regular or gloss lacquer's but they make them so I'd say just give them a shot and see what you think.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah that dragon above is metal and so is the Roman Guardsman above. Once it's primed (I love stynylrez primer), acrylics are no problem.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Brews, finally going to buy supplies. Will oink what I will get off Amazon shortly.

The miniature paintbrush set off Amazon a lot of you said sucked. Thoughts on these?

Screenshot_20201030-103725_Chrome.jpg