Miniature Painting

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Friend gave me his old airbrush and compressor and was wondering if you guys have a preferred brand of paint to use? Planning on using it first on my Indometitus set and thinking of making my Primarises either Dark Angels or White Scars if that helps.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Friend gave me his old airbrush and compressor and was wondering if you guys have a preferred brand of paint to use? Planning on using it first on my Indometitus set and thinking of making my Primarises either Dark Angels or White Scars if that helps.

One of my favorite painting channels. He uses air brushes and in the description of all of his videos (I believe) he lists materials and supplies he uses, which is always helpful.

MarcoFrisoniNJM

• 1Like

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm starting to convert over to Tamiya through the airbrush. I also like citadel contrast paints through it.
This is my favorite white scar vid, I'm going to give it a shot soon probably:

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vexco

Trakanon Raider
PXL_20200928_060447395.jpg

Chaplain done.

• 14Like
Reactions: 13 users

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Does anyone have any recommendations for model carrying bag? I was looking at battlefoam but wanted to see what folks were using at FoH first.

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Does anyone have any recommendations for model carrying bag? I was looking at battlefoam but wanted to see what folks were using at FoH first.
Saw a guy once put magnets on the bases to give them some weight, then stick them to the inside walls of a coffee can to store his stuff. Worked fairly well.

• 2Galaxy Brain
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Saw a guy once put magnets on the bases to give them some weight, then stick them to the inside walls of a coffee can to store his stuff. Worked fairly well.

This will be a gift so I am looking for something alittle more......formal.....lol.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Battlefoam is the worst company on the planet and should just go in a corner and die. Literally use anything else.

• 1Worf

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Husband wants to try getting into a little Star Wars Armada. Took a try painting these tiny little squadrons and did these Interceptors with the 181st paint job. Got to try a few new things: got a shitty cardboard box and did some spray on primer (black for the imp squads and beige for the rebel). Got to try my new wet palette (the Army Painter one) vs. my homemade Tupperware one. Was a much, much better experience and while my lines aren’t exactly clean, was probably my easiest time getting some smooth paint on and didn’t lose hardly any detail. My biggest gripe on these was that just these three took me 4 hours. I don’t know why the hell Im so slow at this.

68727B4C-CD43-459B-A3CA-7E0F622D5884.jpegE7E0D8C5-5892-4367-A91E-51013C648C5C.jpeg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Husband wants to try getting into a little Star Wars Armada. Took a try painting these tiny little squadrons and did these Interceptors with the 181st paint job. Got to try a few new things: got a shitty cardboard box and did some spray on primer (black for the imp squads and beige for the rebel). Got to try my new wet palette (the Army Painter one) vs. my homemade Tupperware one. Was a much, much better experience and while my lines aren’t exactly clean, was probably my easiest time getting some smooth paint on and didn’t lose hardly any detail. My biggest gripe on these was that just these three took me 4 hours. I don’t know why the hell Im so slow at this.

View attachment 309459View attachment 309460
I'm slow too, only way to get faster is practice. I don't mind being slow painting though, in doing to to relax not to break speed records.

Going to be painting a Tyranid kill team as I get the models, anyone interested in seeing them as they go?

• 1Like

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I'm slow too, only way to get faster is practice. I don't mind being slow painting though, in doing to to relax not to break speed records.

Going to be painting a Tyranid kill team as I get the models, anyone interested in seeing them as they go?

Always interested in seeing painted models from the guys here.

View attachment 309459View attachment 309460

Unless you are entering contests its not a contest. Paint because you enjoy it. Who gives a FUCK if it takes too long.

• 1Like

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah man definitely post Tyranids. I'd like to see them for sure. WIP or finished, whatever you want.
I'm in a phase where I'm just casually painting for fun right now. Not really planning much just sitting down and doing whatever feels right at the moment.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Unless you are entering contests its not a contest. Paint because you enjoy it. Who gives a FUCK if it takes too long.
^ This

I have stuff I've been working on for 20+ years, and I'll be DAMNED if I'm going to feel bad about it NOW

• 1Solidarity

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Very early WIP but I am excited about 2 new colors I used for the parchment on this guy. Vallejo English Uniform base and Citadel Karak Stone highlight. Looks good so far compared to my previous efforts
will see what the end result is 👌

20201013_172407.jpg
20201013_172412.jpg

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Knocked out two TIE Bomber squads tonight. Doesn’t show much in the pic, but managed to get a nice glare on the cockpit glass by pooling a bunch of gloss wash in it and then dry brushing the bars back up. Had to go back and do it on the Interceptors too since I wasn’t smart enough to think of it the other day.

28025EA3-168F-4F67-90A6-B8761C40922F.jpeg

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users