Miniature Painting

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Brews, finally going to buy supplies. Will oink what I will get off Amazon shortly.

The miniature paintbrush set off Amazon a lot of you said sucked. Thoughts on these?

View attachment 313569
I use like 4 brushes, a Windsor and Newton cottman 2, 0, 000 and a makeup brush for dry brushing. Imo that set is a waste of money. Also get some cheap or used up brushes for large section washing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
F7D95003-7334-4A3C-BA8A-DCCA51E235A7.jpeg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Brews, finally going to buy supplies. Will oink what I will get off Amazon shortly.

The miniature paintbrush set off Amazon a lot of you said sucked. Thoughts on these?

View attachment 313569
Citadel brushes are shit bro.

Get this for your first starter set. Best bang for the buck I’ve found.

And get this brush cleaner from the same company. It makes the Masters soap most people use look like trash. This is way better, not even close.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This is good for a big supply of cheap dry brushes.

KOLIGHT Set of 20pcs Cosmetic Makeup Brushes Set Powder Foundation Eyeliner Eyeshadow Lip Brush for Beautiful Female (Gold+Coffee)
This is the best “cheap brush” set I’ve used. Good for when your kid wants to paint,. The flat brushes from it are actually, I use them for finer dry brushing.

AIT Art Paint Brush Set - 14 Paint Brushes - Rounds, Flats, Angle Shaders, and Filberts - Handmade in USA for Trusted Performance with Oil, Acrylic, and Watercolor
And get yourself a magnifying light if you don’t already have one.

Brightech LightView Pro Flex 2 in 1: 2.25x Magnifier with Bright LED Light - Magnifying Glass Lamp with Base Stand & Clamp - for Reading, Painting, Sewing & Needle Crafts, Puzzle & Hobby Fans

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Oh look up “nail polish rack” on Amazon too. There’s a couple style of clear acrylic models that are perfect for holding your paint bottles and very cheap compared to the hobby specific ones you can buy.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Ok added the following just to start with for paints and doing a shitty job on a few minis that are included

Will pull the trigger when my wife is off her work call and gets me the kid's schools amazon smile code lol

• 3Like

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
WIP, from one of the D&D board games. Thought the sculpts would be a little better but can’t beat the price per mini. 18th and 19th mini I’ve worked on.
BD4365E7-A1CC-4DE4-9306-9444B7C7A323.jpeg

A6E01D8B-E4AF-4F9E-8E48-1576CEFFC178.jpeg

• 3Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Speaking of, decent sites to order off of?
What you looking for? You looking at just random minis to paint? Painting a full board game? Painting realistic penis sculptures?

Miniature Market - Board Games, Magic The Gathering, Table Top Games, Dungeons & Dragons, Role Playing Games | Miniature Market is good one for a ton of stuff, miniatures or board games.

Hero Forge Custom Miniatures if you want custom minis for stuff like d&d campaigns.

Reaper Miniatures for a huge variety of single miniatures.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
What you looking for? You looking at just random minis to paint? Painting a full board game? Painting realistic penis sculptures?

Miniature Market - Board Games, Magic The Gathering, Table Top Games, Dungeons & Dragons, Role Playing Games | Miniature Market is good one for a ton of stuff, miniatures or board games.

Hero Forge Custom Miniatures if you want custom minis for stuff like d&d campaigns.

Reaper Miniatures for a huge variety of single miniatures.
All of the above, obviously.

Thanks

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user