Miniature Painting

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Damn dude you are a very prolific painter. How long would you guess you spend on a single model? One of the rank and file models not a huge centerpiece.

I'm shifting gears to Lumineth. My current WIP:

20210315_154058.jpg
20210315_154103.jpg

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All you + Reddit inspiring me

Me trying to paint in 3 color bases for the first time

NJwiES0WbXkBxCXdUH1PDTMeVU7zv-luli1BTFrf00I.png

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Having real trouble finding enamel paints over here that is not thinned washes. Only Humbrol is available and they are really strong and can eat through the paint, at least their thinner is.

Normal oil paints should work right, that Bob Ross people use for paintings? And be able to use enamel thinners to clean off the excess if needed.

Going to use it for weathering, chipping etc so the washes are a bit too thin for that.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Having real trouble finding enamel paints over here that is not thinned washes. Only Humbrol is available and they are really strong and can eat through the paint, at least their thinner is.

Normal oil paints should work right, that Bob Ross people use for paintings? And be able to use enamel thinners to clean off the excess if needed.

Going to use it for weathering, chipping etc so the washes are a bit too thin for that.
Why aren’t you using acrylic like the rest of us? They’re really easy to use, clean brushes, thousands of options, etc.

Aazrael

Why aren’t you using acrylic like the rest of us? They’re really easy to use, clean brushes, thousands of options, etc.
I don't want to use acrylic for weathering. If I mess up it's hard to remove because it dries so fast. I use acrylic as base paint and clear coat. Want to weather with enamels because you can just use enamel thinner on a cotton swab and remove it if it looks like ass.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I don't want to use acrylic for weathering. If I mess up it's hard to remove because it dries so fast. I use acrylic as base paint and clear coat. Want to weather with enamels because you can just use enamel thinner on a cotton swab and remove it if it looks like ass.
Ah. Just add acrylic retarder, that’s what it’s for.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Have you tried Justin's weathering stuff? Cool guy and does good tutorials on his products. I've heard good things but never used his weathering line.

Aazrael

Finished the Nu Gundam today. Was going to weather it but still have not ordered any paints for it, might just try with Tamiya weathering kit which is basically charcoal dust to add some shadowing.

20210327_163139.jpg

• 7Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 7 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Fucking stupid. It’s D&D, let the person identifying as that character pick what they want. So pathetic. How hateful of them to assign a miniature a pronouns without giving it its own voice. Just pathetic.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aazrael

Trying my hand at pre-shading this time. White is such a annoying color to airbrush but it seems to have worked. Think I will run out of white paint though before I can finish the wings, but got more coming during the week.

My version vs the plastic color scheme.

winggundam1.jpgwinggundam2.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
2 Elves. I'm still figuring out which metallic colors to use.
I'm switching back to some Death Guard next, then I'll continue on to finish the 6 elves I have primed up.

2 Elves.jpg

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

Aazrael

Finished the gundam today, started last Thursday and painted the whole weekend. Now I'm almost burnt-out. I suck at photos, need a better setup for taking pictures.

Meh can only attach one picture, the rest are too big, s21 ultra was set to 100 mega pixel or whatever.

20210406_185646.jpg

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Finished the gundam today, started last Thursday and painted the whole weekend. Now I'm almost burnt-out. I suck at photos, need a better setup for taking pictures.

Meh can only attach one picture, the rest are too big, s21 ultra was set to 100 mega pixel or whatever.

View attachment 346529
This looks so much better than it started, good stuff. The shading/color shift on the lower wings or jets or whatever those are looks great.

Aazrael

Thanks! Everything is preshaded, came out better in some places. Converted new pics with the wings in a better position. One connection cracked so they are kinda loose and hard to pose. Also tried making some candy paints to try on some build.

Screenshot_20210406-210417_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210406-210440_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210406-210308_Gallery.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aazrael

Looks great, mind sharing the brand of candy paints?
The final coat is Tamiyas clear colors. Started with gloss black then chrome and finished with the tamiya clear paints.

Alclads chrome has much smaller flakes than tamiyas chrome. You can see the difference on the red spoon.

Aazrael

Painted some of the Gundam pilots today. They are quite small but I bet you guys would make me crawl away in shame if you put your brushes to them!

Screenshot_20210411-002134_Gallery.jpg

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users