Miniature Painting

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Here's my 2 days of printing. Four Demon Skull guys and the Azael "boss". Really like this theme so will print a few more of the demons in the package.

Two of them are even bigger than this guy so not sure if I will print them, will take several days to complete one of them and lots resin.

The flame guy is front heavy though, falls over and not sure how to fix that besides sticky tape or something. 🤔

View attachment 391238
Could just cut an excess support and glue it underneath. Or just a metal pin in the middle. That’s most likely what I would do. Kind of an odd design decision.

That’s a great set, where’d you get it?

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Could just cut an excess support and glue it underneath. Or just a metal pin in the middle. That’s most likely what I would do. Kind of an odd design decision.

That’s a great set, where’d you get it?
I ended up regluing him so the fire touch the table/floor, he stand on his own now. Kinda hard knowing exactly how to pose them as there are no footprints just a reference picture.

The skeleton guys are from this months Patreon sub that cost 8 bucks. It's called Tome of Demons Volume 2. The Azael guy I bought stand alone on their shop for half price due to sub, also 8 bucks. He is in the first Tome of Demons pack but the whole thing would cost $60 so I just got him for now.

Their website with links to patreon and shop, Archvillain Games.

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
Thank for the input guys. I'm leaning towards the saturn now. Some pieces are almost 8inch wide.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I ended up regluing him so the fire touch the table/floor, he stand on his own now. Kinda hard knowing exactly how to pose them as there are no footprints just a reference picture.

The skeleton guys are from this months Patreon sub that cost 8 bucks. It's called Tome of Demons Volume 2. The Azael guy I bought stand alone on their shop for half price due to sub, also 8 bucks. He is in the first Tome of Demons pack but the whole thing would cost $60 so I just got him for now.

Their website with links to patreon and shop, Archvillain Games.
Ah yeah I’ve seen their stuff, they have a lot of good shit. One of those sites that has so much shit you want to print and paint you lose the will to do anything cause it would take years, full time, to do.

• 1Solidarity

Aazrael

Ah yeah I’ve seen their stuff, they have a lot of good shit. One of those sites that has so much shit you want to print and paint you lose the will to do anything cause it would take years, full time, to do.
Yea I would like to print everything they have but I will do 4 more units thens stop to paint. Also need to finish the Nighthaunt but got sidetracked. :p

B bigmark268 The Saturn is a good choice I think. Big buildplate and similar prints as the Mars.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

rejoice nerds, superman plays warhammer 40k.
Other dude declares his army. “Oh you’re? Shall we? Yes.” Haha. Guys just happily declared war on each other like that.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Aazrael

Was going to print one more big figure, a dragon in the pack I got. It was presupported so I just sliced the Base (hollow) and put it to print. It failed halfway and in hindsight it should not be a surprise. Lack of supports on a big piece and the supports broke when it got too heavy. Kinda bad they have them as pre-supported. Theres no way that can print okay, the wings are also really badly supported.

At least it's a learning experience. I think the dragon is from an older package so they might have been badly supported back then. The new stuff is supported really well with zero fails.

failprint.png

Aazrael

Calling my first mini painting project done. Mostly learning how to use the brush and paints to mimic the youtube guides. Learned a lot and many more techniques to refine and try.

20220109_154200.jpg
20220109_154208.jpg
20220109_154218.jpg

• 15Like
Reactions: 14 users

Aazrael

Thanks!

While I have planned to use the 3d printer for my minis it would be fun to paint some 40K also.

I know exactly nothing about the lore but I browsed around today and Adepta Sororitas and Adeptus Mechanicus caught my eye... then came the Black Templars and on and on... and everything cost a lot.

One pack of WH guys is a 1litre of Resin pretty much. But you can't print them so it's hard to decide.

Phanton

Trakanon Raider
Calling my first mini painting project done. Mostly learning how to use the brush and paints to mimic the youtube guides. Learned a lot and many more techniques to refine and try.

Nice job dude! I wish my first minis looked that good :)

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah man for real great job. My first was nowhere near as good.

I'm working on more right now. Revisiting Cursed City possibly or, another Space Marine :)

• 1Like

Aazrael

Yeah man for real great job. My first was nowhere near as good.

I'm working on more right now. Revisiting Cursed City possibly or, another Space Marine :)
Thanks! Will practice more with blending stuff better but I decided to not tryhard too much in the beginning. Quite different than using airbrush for solid color parts that I'm used to. But I like the process even if I get sidetracked easily. :p

How do you pick your WH projects? Just buy the stuff you find cool or do you have a bigger plan? If I recall correctly you don't do any games with them.

I easily OCD and if I pick up one unit I would like to get the whole army that fit that unit. The Nighthaunt was just a cool model though to start. The WH40K seems a bit more fun to paint that might fit my style better. Also Space Crusade on the Amiga is a nostalgic memory that's still strong.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone end up getting one of these McFarlane Space Marines? I'm still not sure what chapter I'd paint mine, but it looks like a lot of fun.

• 1Like

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thanks! Will practice more with blending stuff better but I decided to not tryhard too much in the beginning. Quite different than using airbrush for solid color parts that I'm used to. But I like the process even if I get sidetracked easily. :p

How do you pick your WH projects? Just buy the stuff you find cool or do you have a bigger plan? If I recall correctly you don't do any games with them.

I easily OCD and if I pick up one unit I would like to get the whole army that fit that unit. The Nighthaunt was just a cool model though to start. The WH40K seems a bit more fun to paint that might fit my style better. Also Space Crusade on the Amiga is a nostalgic memory that's still strong.

Yeah you made a quick leap! Just using an airbrush is a huge step. I agree dont go too tryhard in the beginning although it's tempting to learn and try everything. Yes pick a faction you're into and do a bunch... whatever that might mean. For me, 10+ units is a really nice force. 15 + ideally, depending on size. One start collecting box is ideal imo.

I end up getting sucked in by a new release and do a bunch of them. I don't game I just do it for fun and to display. I usually do groups of at least 5 these days but one off's here and there. I think I have over 30 Ultramarines, and I just did 15 Stormcast. On top of the 15 other stormcast I did over a year ago. I try to keep them in time groups, meaning I'll do a batch and they'll be "same" color palettes and bases. But if I do a bunch more later I may change it up.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Are "Space Marines" grunts just general models that you then paint different colors depending on what "faction" you want them to be? If I go into say Ultra Marine category they just show the "named/boss" guys.

Trying to get a hang on how this all works.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Are "Space Marines" grunts just general models that you then paint different colors depending on what "faction" you want them to be? If I go into say Ultra Marine category they just show the "named/boss" guys.

Trying to get a hang on how this all works.
1641914488063.png

• 1Weird Boner
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users