Miniature Painting

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Started my 3d printed barbarians from artisan guild. Just applied wash on the middle one and will try highlights and touch ups when its dry.

And also probably fail at the eyes.

20220319_130754.jpg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Started my 3d printed barbarians from artisan guild. Just applied wash on the middle one and will try highlights and touch ups when its dry.

And also probably fail at the eyes.

View attachment 403999
This video helped me the most. Short and to the point. I still never got good at them but it’s a think of practice.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aazrael

Will check the video!

Eyes are so damn tiny though. Glad I got a dot in.

Calling them done for now. Will continue with the dragon or some male barbarians.

20220321_105457~2.jpg

• 12Like
Reactions: 11 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I love airbrush for gradients, looks so smooth.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
You guys are pretty amazing. Echoing the sentiment from a post earlier, it makes me want to get started. I have never been able to get rid of my old IG army that is out in the shed. I haven't actually played 40k in 20 years or so at this point but man I love the lore and overall aesthetic. Perhaps I will try my hand at IG and move on to Tyranids. A well painted Tyranid force always impressed me. I am also old enough to afford these things now.

Any particular resources you would recommend to check out or avoid? Take a stroll through /r/minipainting/?

The interesting thing is that, despite not being a nerd at all, my wife expressed interest in this being a joint activity because she is a creative type and thought it was neat.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
You guys are pretty amazing. Echoing the sentiment from a post earlier, it makes me want to get started. I have never been able to get rid of my old IG army that is out in the shed. I haven't actually played 40k in 20 years or so at this point but man I love the lore and overall aesthetic. Perhaps I will try my hand at IG and move on to Tyranids. A well painted Tyranid force always impressed me. I am also old enough to afford these things now.

Any particular resources you would recommend to check out or avoid? Take a stroll through /r/minipainting/?

The interesting thing is that, despite not being a nerd at all, my wife expressed interest in this being a joint activity because she is a creative type and thought it was neat.
I’d say just go back to the beginning of this thread and read a while. There are a bunch of equipment recommendations, beginner techniques, video suggestions.

• 1Solidarity

Aazrael

Printed a big one from Archvillain Games. Also started using a few metallic paints on the skeleton guys.
20220405_162212.jpg

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider

If you ever wanna chat painting or advice let me know, can hop into discord and feel free to pick my brain or advice on technique. Same goes for anyone else on the board!

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Vexco

Trakanon Raider
20220415_122354.jpg

Finished the new Avatar of Khaine. Fun model to paint, have magnetized the other head and weapon options too.

Last edited:
  • 19Like
Reactions: 18 users

Aazrael

Started my big 3d printed model today. Got the base finished and started on the body. Not sure if red is the correct skin color as I painted the other demon red also.

Any suggestions on skin and wing colors? The wings are lying beside it and are feather wings.

20220508_193134.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I avoid this thread like the plague because there's too much cool shit in it and with my personality, I'd have a man-cave filled with $10,000 in minis (probably unpainted) in 6 months.

I only poked in to say that I got extraordinarily close to going to the Dark Side with the Tanares Kickstarter pledge manager closing recently. However, I know that once I give in there's no coming back and the subsequent immolation of cash would be legendary.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Started my big 3d printed model today. Got the base finished and started on the body. Not sure if red is the correct skin color as I painted the other demon red also.

Any suggestions on skin and wing colors? The wings are lying beside it and are feather wings.

View attachment 411583

I'd vote blues and purples (and maybe pinks on the fringes) fading into each other.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aazrael

Don't judge me... But I finally looked at this tik tok thing I dont really understand. And this popped up for no reason at all I imagine...

Screenshot_20220512-081829_TikTok.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Weird Boner