Miniature Painting

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I bought a cheap GSC army off eBay. (The cover of their codex made me want to paint a Harkonnen themed army). Mostly unpainted, but a few had been painted.
Some people are a different breed... I don’t think one mold line was dealt with. And beyond that, I am not sure half the fucking sprue bits were fully removed - even on the painted models!

using the freezer to break the glue. And some green stuff to strip the paint. Any other tips I should know about?

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I bought a cheap GSC army off eBay. (The cover of their codex made me want to paint a Harkonnen themed army). Mostly unpainted, but a few had been painted.
Some people are a different breed... I don’t think one mold line was dealt with. And beyond that, I am not sure half the fucking sprue bits were fully removed - even on the painted models!

using the freezer to break the glue. And some green stuff to strip the paint. Any other tips I should know about?

I had to look up GSC. They have some very cool models. I never really noticed. I might pick up a Magus to paint. Yeah I mean sounds like you're ready to go. Maybe some milliput or something for molding, gaps, and anything missing.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just another shot of the Imperial Fists. I like these Battlefield in a Box terrain pieces from Gale Force 9. Sturdy, one piece, painted, ready to go out of the box.

IF on Rocks.jpg

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Warr

<Bronze Donator>

If the simple green doesn't work, pick up some LA's Totally Awesome at Dollar General. Super strength degreaser.

You can also speed up the stripping process with an ultrasonic cleaner, but that's probably overkill if you only have a few painted.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Well things did not go as planned, found out last minute that Uncle Blah Blah was in town so we had to go to Cousin So and So's Lake Place for the day. While I am happy that the wife and kids are happy, I would have preferred to move furniture and get things set up. I guess there is always next weekend.

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
So I got a chance to start painting my Dwarven forge wildlands set. I did one test piece so far for a color scheme. Trees arent done yet.
20220807_121728.jpg

• 11Like
Reactions: 10 users

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I may have to break down and buy some more terrain to display my stuff. We'll see.
In other news, GW did new reveals and most were meh, but these new LOTR Elves look dope:

LOTR elves.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
10 Terminators built, primed and airbrush phase is done. Still need to do all the brush work but making progress.

wip 1 small.jpg
wip 2 small.jpg

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The Universe recognizes that melee is categorically more badass than ranged

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yah Regime Regime I basically had them base coated in red to start. And then over that I did thin layers of white. Tamiya flat white is the best I've found for this by the way, it's amazingly smooth through the airbrush. Where I wanted it to be bright yellow I made it almost pure white. Where I wanted the gradient I left it with some red showing through. So if looked like this:
WIP red white.jpg

Then I sprayed Vallejo Transparent Yellow over that, and it looks like this:

wip 1 small.jpg

You can see how it preserves the gradient and highlights. So now the armor is pretty much done, and I need to block out the rest.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
About an hour of blocking out colors and it's starting to look good

IF 1 hour in.jpg

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I wish they didn’t utterly ruin Warhammer Fantasy.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Yep.

With the how well Total War: Warhammer and Vermintide was made, we can all get our fix in.

I dont have hope for old world.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The only thing I look forward to with The Old World is how ridiculous my square based ogors with round base adapters will look with even larger square base adapters

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yah Regime Regime I basically had them base coated in red to start. And then over that I did thin layers of white. Tamiya flat white is the best I've found for this by the way, it's amazingly smooth through the airbrush. Where I wanted it to be bright yellow I made it almost pure white. Where I wanted the gradient I left it with some red showing through. So if looked like this:
View attachment 428288

Then I sprayed Vallejo Transparent Yellow over that, and it looks like this:

View attachment 428289

You can see how it preserves the gradient and highlights. So now the armor is pretty much done, and I need to block out the rest.

What Airbrush set/compressor are you using?