Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part One (2023)

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Did you pass out during the movie? It's over 2 and half hours long.
He's saving part of the movie for his steelbook purchase post. And another part of the movie for his steelbook shipped post. And another part of the movie for his steelbook arrived post. And another part of the move for his steelbook damaged post.

• 5Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I saw it tonight, and I liked it, but it felt VERY short. We arrived like 20 minutes late because drinking, and it was over an hour later. So a real quick movie. I was expecting it to run like 2 hours, but nope. Oh well. That said, I enjoyed what I saw.

Did you pass out during the movie? It's over 2 and half hours long.
correction, it's almost 3 hours lol. what the fuck are you talking about?

MIruntime.PNG

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
correction, it's almost 3 hours lol. what the fuck are you talking about?

View attachment 482294

The steelbook effect is strong with this one. Sudden loss of ability to sense time is one of the symptoms.

You end up ordering a bunch of shit at no opportunity cost, because you can't remember watching any of it. Can't even perceive time lost on Captain Marvel.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
MI1 is still the best one, in my opinion.

MI2 is just way too ridiculous and stylistic. John Woo at his worst.

Third one gets trashed some but Hoffman gives such an amazing performance that I think really carries the film. When he's on the plane being interrogated the way he delivers his lines is pretty chilling.
I love 2. There's something about long-hair Tom and Limp Bizkit that gets me in my nostalgia for the early 2000s. Plus, I really miss Anthony Hopkins giving out the missions.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
A bit weak, to be honest. Somehow this film has as big a budget as Indy 5, probably because of the multiple covid production stops and real world location shooting. These films play longer and it has good audience reaction but still a bit of an underwhelming start sand upcoming competition is tough.

One of the industry sites is saying it might not hit 75M for the five day. That would be worse than Indy 5. Audiences are getting picky.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I honestly had no idea it was out Mon/Tue, but my local Cinemark was so full they had to pull more theaters from Indy 5 to make more showings starting yesterday.

spronk

FPS noob
i think unfortunately Barbie is pulling the wind out of everyones sails, most families and stuff now are really limited to how many movies they can go so while before this would have been a "lets take the family and go see Tom Cruise try to kill himself", that slot is now 100% taken up by Barbie for the next 2 months.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
The steelbook effect is strong with this one. Sudden loss of ability to sense time is one of the symptoms.

You end up ordering a bunch of shit at no opportunity cost, because you can't remember watching any of it. Can't even perceive time lost on Captain Marvel.
I'm genuinely curious about this. Did Xarpolis Xarpolis drunkenly stumble into a showing that was 2 hours in already instead of the one he purchased tickets for? How do you mistake 2.5 hours for 1 hour?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
I'm genuinely curious about this. Did Xarpolis Xarpolis drunkenly stumble into a showing that was 2 hours in already instead of the one he purchased tickets for? How do you mistake 2.5 hours for 1 hour?

Maybe he suffers from time blindness!

• 4Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
She should move to Brazil. Fit right in, and with the labor laws on her side.

Although she might have to blame traffic at least a few times to get full protection.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Maybe he suffers from time blindness!

i read something, supposedly kids arent taught time in school anymore. i mean the analogue clock is no longer a thing in classrooms. young people dont know what the big hand and little hand do.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
i read something, supposedly kids arent taught time in school anymore. i mean the analogue clock is no longer a thing in classrooms. young people dont know what the big hand and little hand do.
Even if that is the case, they understand the digital time. If your work says to come in at 9 am you can see when that is on the phone that everybody has.

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
Just finished my showing, was very enjoyable. Action sequences felt good, can really feel the difference between this and cgi cluster fucks.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
While I did have some drinks prior to the movie, I wasn't the drunken one. I was the driver. We were out having dinner and a beer or two (he had around seven, but that's all good), and his brother showed up late as well. We drove to the movie as soon as our check came in. Really weren't expecting it to take that long. As far as 2.5 hours, that seems horribly misleading. The movie had a start time of 7:10 (EDIT: 7:00 start), but there's typically around 20 minutes of other shit before the movie starts. We ended up getting there around 7:45. But then the movie ended it was only at 8:45. I was surprised at how short it actually was.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
While I did have some drinks prior to the movie, I wasn't the drunken one. I was the driver. We were out having dinner and a beer or two (he had around seven, but that's all good), and his brother showed up late as well. We drove to the movie as soon as our check came in. Really weren't expecting it to take that long. As far as 2.5 hours, that seems horribly misleading. The movie had a start time of 7:10, but there's typically around 20 minutes of other shit before the movie starts. We ended up getting there around 7:45. But then the movie ended it was only at 8:45. I was surprised at how short it actually was.
The movie is literally 2 hours and 49 minutes long. It's basically 3 hours. It's a long fucking movie. Either it started before 7:10 or it ended after 8:45. Or the theater pranked you and presented a shortened version (lol). Your shit's all wrong.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users