Mission: Impossible - Fallout (2018)

spronk

FPS noob
Just a thought,

Start a new thread now that it has a preview?

i thought about it but its still over a year till the movie is out, it'll just get pushed to page 20 by the time there is anything to really talk about

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Real talk, is Mission: Impossible the only current franchise left that there's any guarantee of quality for?

(We'll give them a mulligan for M:I 2 given that it was two decades ago.)

I would say I haven't been disappointed by any John Wicks so far either, but those two are a short list....

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have really enjoyed All but the John Woo film. Fallout was really good but the final fight/action at the end got a little too ridiculous I thought

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Real talk, is Mission: Impossible the only current franchise left that there's any guarantee of quality for?

(We'll give them a mulligan for M:I 2 given that it was two decades ago.)

I would say I haven't been disappointed by any John Wicks so far either, but those two are a short list....
Tom cruise is just the single most consistent actor when it comes to putting out quality big budget movies.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
He always has been. Look at Days of Thunder. It's a corny idea, but damn is it entertaining. Edge of Tomorrow? Sign me the fuck up for #2! Maybe not The Mummy, but I didn't actually watch that one. Shit, even Magnolia. He's a home run.

The entire catalogue of "leading man" movies. Which was all but the very first one he made back in '81. I don't count the cameo ones like Austin Powers or Tropic Thunder, even though he was awesome in those, but still. Holy shit, he's incredible.

Taps
Losin' It
Risky Business
All The Right Moves
Legend
Top Gun
The Color of Money
Cocktail
Rain Man
Born on the Fourth of July
Days of Thunder
Far and Away
A Few Good Men
The Firm
Interview With a Vampire
Mission Impossible
Jerry Maguire
Eyes Wide Shut
Magnolia
Mission Impossible II
Vanilla Sky
Minority Report
The Last Samurai
Collateral
War of the Worlds
Lambs for Lions
Valkyrie
Knight and Day
Mission Impossible IV
Rock of Ages
Jack Reacher
Oblivion
Edge of Tomorrow
Mission Impossible V
Jack Reacher II
The Mummy
American Made
Mission Impossible VI - His "last" movie until the new Top Gun, and that was 2018. Covid did a number. And he's aged quite a bit lately.

Last edited:

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
He always has been. Look at Days of Thunder. It's a corny idea, but damn is it entertaining. Edge of Tomorrow? Sign me the fuck up for #2! Maybe not The Mummy, but I didn't actually watch that one. Shit, even Magnolia. He's a home run.

The entire catalogue of "leading man" movies. Which was all but the very first one he made back in '81. I don't count the cameo ones like Austin Powers or Tropic Thunder, even though he was awesome in those, but still. Holy shit, he's incredible.

Taps
Losin' It
Risky Business
All The Right Moves
Legend
Top Gun
The Color of Money
Cocktail
Rain Man
Born on the Fourth of July
Days of Thunder
Far and Away
A Few Good Men
The Firm
Interview With a Vampire
Mission Impossible
Jerry Maguire
Eyes Wide Shut
Magnolia
Mission Impossible II
Vanilla Sky
Minority Report
The Last Samurai
Collateral
War of the Worlds
Lambs for Lions
Valkyrie
Knight and Day
Mission Impossible IV
Rock of Ages
Jack Reacher
Oblivion
Edge of Tomorrow
Mission Impossible V
Jack Reacher II
The Mummy
American Made
Mission Impossible VI - His "last" movie until the new Top Gun, and that was 2018. Covid did a number. And he's aged quite a bit lately.

10000000% agree. Almost every one of those movies is fantastic. A few were fine but I don’t care to ever see again (War of the Worlds).

Have tickets for Too Gun tomorrow, can’t wait.

Love me some Days of Thunder. What a great name. I remember leaving the theater and thinking the Mellow Yellow car was the coolest thing ever.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
all bombs in last 10 years

Jack Reacher
Jack Reacher 2
Knight and Day
The Mummy

Even Oblivion was meh

which really only leaves us with MI movies, Edge of Tomorrow and Top Gun as anything good he's done in the last decade

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Not to derail, but this is the film Karl Pilkington said that this would be Tom's last movie.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
all bombs in last 10 years

Jack Reacher
Jack Reacher 2
Knight and Day
The Mummy

Even Oblivion was meh

which really only leaves us with MI movies, Edge of Tomorrow and Top Gun as anything good he's done in the last decade
I don't agree with you on the first Jack Reacher. And honestly, Knight and Day was great for what it was. I know it was set up like a romcom type of movie, but it was surprisingly good. I really wasn't expecting anything with it, but it kept my attention.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Knight and Day was “fine.” It’s not a turd and it’s not great, it’s just fine. I think Ashton K had a similar movie come out around the same time, and it was total dog shit.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So after thinking about the "new" addition to the franchise, I've decided to go back and re-watch the current 6 movies. I'm doing 1 per week, and I just finished #2. So yeah, I have a month to go.

The first movie really want very good. I see it was made when Tom was around 34 years old. Out was released in '96 (26 years ago), and he's currently 59. Figure out was filmed in '95... time flies. Anyway, first movie was weak. They made some interesting plot points, but they didn't really want to invest much into the cost, not knowing if it would do well or not. And Tom comes off very young. And his act is to smile seductively in every scene.

The 2nd movie was substantially better, but still not perfect. They spent more time developing it. The black chick from Westwood looked amazing. The intro and middle of the movie were very enjoyable, but then they screwed the ending but suddenly making him a super hero that never misses a shot and does some stupid motorcycle tricks.

Oh well. I remember PSH from the 3rd, so I'm looking forward to watching that next week.

She's delicious.

Last edited:

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Whoa, the first one is an absolute classic. Great tension and Cruise intensity throughout. Kittredge was an underrated character and I'm so glad he's going to be back.

The second one was way too full of itself. Over the top Woo filmmaking. It works better as a comedy to me. Newton was smoking, though.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fadaar

That guy
Wild to think the Jurassic Park and Mission Impossible franchises are only a few years apart in age. Yes I know books predate both, you know what I mean. Also pretty wild how M:I has gotten better over time whereas JP... not so much.

spronk

FPS noob

1. i love how tom cruise will just do random shit like this, "i'll appear on some podcast and it'll make so many people happy"
2. how the fuck is there a podcast that only talks about mission impossible and it has 200 episodes LOL

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
Tom Cruise is the perfect example of how I want to view "Celebrities". There's all this
talk about how bat-shit crazy he is in "real life", and I don't give a single fuck. I don't
need to know, I don't want to know, just keep making awesome movies so all I need
to know about you is what you're doing on the big screen.

Also, I fucking loved Knight and Day. it may have been silly as fuck, but the gag
definitely came out of nowhere. "Don't worry, I've got this." Back to sleep.
That shit was fun. Also, he's 60 this year. I wish I could pull off the physical stuff
he's doing.