Mission: Impossible - Fallout (2018)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I really need to rewatch all of these in 4k HDR when my 85" Sony 900h arrives
it was really sketch for me to wall mount the 70in we have by myself. it's not "heavy" it's just so wide it's unwieldy

i would actually break down and ask for help for that big of a screen.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
it was really sketch for me to wall mount the 70in we have by myself. it's not "heavy" it's just so wide it's unwieldy

i would actually break down and ask for help for that big of a screen.
I'm not planning to wall mount it, just put it on its stand, so I think I should be alright. It's only 15 pounds heavier than my current TV which I'm able to manage with but like you said it's a hell of a lot wider too so who knows.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm not planning to wall mount it, just put it on its stand, so I think I should be alright. It's only 15 pounds heavier than my current TV which I'm able to manage with but like you said it's a hell of a lot wider too so who knows.
ha, sony stand are those two stupid opposing boomarangs, that shit is gonna fall over

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
ha, sony stand are those two stupid opposing boomarangs, that shit is gonna fall over
giphy.gif

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
seriuos, those stupid boomerangs have only 1 design element that tv manufacturers care about.

it's just tall enough that you can slip a soundbar there and "look cool"

i had my tv on those two stupid boomerangs for 2 days cuz i compatible mount, it was sketch as shit, i put weights on the boomerages behind it, just to feel better.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
seriuos, those stupid boomerangs have only 1 design element that tv manufacturers care about.

it's just tall enough that you can slip a soundbar there and "look cool"

i had my tv on those two stupid boomerangs for 2 days cuz i compatible mount, it was sketch as shit, i put weights on the boomerages behind it, just to feel better.

I just checked and I couldn't find any studs on the wall in the area I would consider mounting the TV. I guess I need to start mentally preparing myself to come and find my TV pancaked.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I just checked and I couldn't find any studs on the wall in the area I would consider mounting the TV. I guess I need to start mentally preparing myself to come and find my TV pancaked.

I just put two 20 LB dumbbells on either side.
No ones coming over and if they do they think you lift bro.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Don't be a bitch, open up your wall and add a stud, while your at it run your wires and cables into a plate so you don't have any cables showing and then put up some new drywall and hang it.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Don't be a bitch, open up your wall and add a stud, while your at it run your wires and cables into a plate so you don't have any cables showing and then put up some new drywall and hang it.
I would be happy to if I didn't live in an apartment. And yes, I'm well aware of how ridiculous it is to have a 85" TV in an apartment.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Its an 85" tv. How could you not have a stud in a wall section that is 7' across? Did they just add rando interior walls using some guys they found outside Home Depot on a Sunday morning? Or is it lath and plaster? If thats the case the late should be fine to anchor to.

• 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Its an 85" tv. How could you not have a stud in a wall section that is 7' across? Did they just add rando interior walls using some guys they found outside Home Depot on a Sunday morning? Or is it lath and plaster? If thats the case the late should be fine to anchor to.
I just looked again and found what's probably a suitable stud. I'm using a magnetic stud detector so it's hard to get a great idea of what's going on back there. Still not sure I want to mount it though. I think I'll gauge the stability of it when it comes and take it from there.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I just looked again and found what's probably a suitable stud. I'm using a magnetic stud detector so it's hard to get a great idea of what's going on back there. Still not sure I want to mount it though. I think I'll gauge the stability of it when it comes and take it from there.
If it is lath and plaster it can make detecting a stud difficult. How old is the house and what part of the country?

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
If it is lath and plaster it can make detecting a stud difficult. How old is the house and what part of the country?
Nah it's dry wall and it's not a house it's an apartment. I'll be moving in 1-2 years so I'm hesitant to mount anything.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Just use one of the cords that attach to your tv stand, the baby proofing stuff. That should assuage worries about it falling forward.

Something like this, but good quality
1599513124063.png

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
NBC has cancelled its broadcast of the Golden Globes.

Amazon and Netflix jumped ship away from them yesterday.