Misunderstood pro football player donates an Xbox to a cancer ward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I'm in the "he needs help" camp, although I'm not sure exactly how long of a ban/suspension/warning/whatever that should equate to.

However, for those saying he's just a harmless crazy member, particularly others that have been here as long as him, did you forget the relentless attacks on ACTUAL verified game developers? You can rationalize all you want that maybe those guys were pieces of shit, or they deserved being taken down a peg or two, and we've survived just fine without them...but he relentlessly attacked Schilling, McQuaid, and anyone that even hinted at being close to the gaming industry. Not only did he claim Vikings fame (which has suddenly been downgraded from more famous than Schilling to simply a practice squad guy for a few games), but he also claimed intimate insider information and relationships within the gaming industry, and brutally attacked people actually in the fucking industry with this so-called insider knowledge. Re-lent-less-ly. Much more rabidly than this thread when he was attacking Araysar.

I never said it in the past because I wasn't involved in the conversations besides reading them, and I'm a nobody, but I always felt he should have to prove his gaming insider persona more than this bullshit Vikings one, because no one really gives a fuck if you used to play for the Vikings. What they do give a fuck about is driving people in the industry we all supposedly used to have in common (moreso back when he was pulling this shit) away from potential future conversations that some of us might have sincerely wanted to participate in. The only reason it really ever was given a pass, I have to assume, is that gaming people are typically just as big of liars and shady fucks as Ut was making them out to be, so he sort of just sprayed and prayed and eventually he hit the mark with something. Or the target did something else shitty enough that we all just lumped it into Ut being right, like Schilling being utterly incapable of running a company and managing expectations/funding/spending for a game/MMO. That doesn't mean Schilling was wrong and Ut was right, it just means Schilling is a shitty businessman.

Those of you defending him either forgot about those incidents or never heard of them, because I agree that this Vikings shit is maybe a little drastic with a year long suspension, but I think it is a symptom of a much larger mental disorder. This is just the one most easily proven/disproven. If he had proven this one even a little bit, perhaps all that insider information was true. But now I'd be surprised if he even worked in the mail room for a gaming company.

I agree with keeping nutty people around "for the lulz"...until it affects the board or members in some tangible way. When Lumie attacks people for having cancer, he should get slapped down. When Ut attacks gaming developers and drives them away, he should have had to put up or shut up a decade ago. This is just a delayed response, in my eyes.

I know that he'd either laugh at me or attack me too, but I hope he reads this (you know he is) and gets some real help, because shit is legitimately fucked up in his head.

Did you forget he was already banned for years over those attacks? What is this double jeopardy?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I'd like to take this moment to point out that this week alone, we've had an official government investigation into our racism, a long time member and former mod permanently banned for attempting to sabotage the site, and another longtime member and former mod(deposed) banned by another longtime member(previously banned) who is now a mod. All three of these members have been banned for extended periods of time at one point and are now or have previously been mods.

Clearly a community run by very stable geniuses.

Sounds so dramatic until you remember I was banned for not wearing a sports avatar.

• 1Worf

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Did you forget he was already banned for years over those attacks? What is this double jeopardy?

Odd that he was unable to extract any lessons from those previous sequences of events to avoid posting things like this in the future:

I just won X2.

I will also now give this thing away to Masonic Childrens. Hey Araysar Araysar You want a fucking tax form on this shit you mother fucker? Maybe a pay check stub or some shit?

Maybe a pic of a kid dying with bald hair will do the trick? You fucking prick.

For those kids man.

Maybe a year was TOO lenient.

• 1Ice Burn

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Sounds so dramatic until you remember I was banned for not wearing a sports avatar.

after losing the bet and trying to get out of it with a weasley technicality along the lines of "nuh uh i said heads i win tails you lose"

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
after losing the bet and trying to get out of it with a weasley technicality along the lines of "nuh uh i said heads i win tails you lose"

You do understand that you're just helping me prove my point, right?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
You do understand that you're just helping me prove my point, right?

if you want to be unsportsmanlike and trick people into entering bets that they can't possibly win, i can't stop you.

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I'm dismayed by the lack of effort.

The least he could of done was come back and play the CTE card. Now he will be taking a knee next to Kaeperdick to protest the racial injustices of this forum. Shame. Shame.

Post the Fucking check. Or post a fake one. Something.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
this->

a year ban for Ut is like jumping right to a prison sentence for a person's second or third drunken disorderly. the first one just gets you a night in the drunk tank and a fine. second one maybe a couple weekends in jail. third one, year long prison sentence? bullshit.

instead of drunk disorderlies, think of it as DUIs. Ut has been drunk behind the wheel for over a decade, driving on neighbors lawns and running over their mailboxes and dogs.

• 1Worf

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
instead of drunk disorderlies, think of it as DUIs. Ut has been drunk behind the wheel for over a decade, driving on neighbors lawns and running over their mailboxes and dogs.

drunken disorderly is definitely the more appropriate analogy... utnayan was not putting anyone's life at risk with his drunken behavior (except maybe gshurik potentially thinking suicide is a better option than seeing another utnayan rant)

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
jumping straight to a year ban instead of utilizing one of the plethora of lesser punishments available is definitely an injustice.

rickshawing, thread bans, short bans. all things that should ahve been done before jumping right to a year.

The original proposition that was considered by the Amod team was a lifetime, forever ban because everyone was tired of his shit. You can thank me for giving him a much shorter ban and still providing a path for redemption.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
The original proposition that was considered by the Amod team was a lifetime, forever ban because everyone was tired of his shit. You can thank me for giving him a much shorter ban and still providing a path for redemption.

ah the Frank Reynolds tactic... "first you drop the bomb, then you soften the blow."

so not only did you not want to ban Utnayan, but we should thank you that he only got a year ban instead of a lifetime. gotcha.

• 2Worf
  • 1Faggotry
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 3 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
drunken disorderly is definitely the more appropriate analogy... utnayan was not putting anyone's life at risk with his drunken behavior (except maybe gshurik potentially thinking suicide is a better option than seeing another utnayan rant)

So you're saying that when he tried to convince me to go on the cruise with him, or come visit him in his basement that I was 100% safe?

Overboard Deaths – Cruise Ship Deaths

tenor.gif

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
ah the Frank Reynolds tactic... "first you drop the bomb, then you soften the blow."

so not only did you not want to ban Utnayan, but we should thank you that he only got a year ban instead of a lifetime. gotcha.

I'm a reluctant disciplinarian.
if you willingly put yourself in the situation then you'd be an idiot. still different than if you'd been hit by a drunk driver.

ah the ole' victim blaming game. Next thing you'll tell me that its my fault for dressing so sexy.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Now that I think about it, that was probably his end game all along.

I was getting too close to the truth and he decided I needed to be taken out by having an accident on a water slide or on a Carnival cruise.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
didn't he literally say he wanted to fight you?

He was doing a 180 literally every other post. I couldnt tell whether he wanted to fight me, or teach me about love, or hang out with all his friends.

• 2Worf
  • 1Brony
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
He was doing a 180 literally every other post. I couldnt tell whether he wanted to fight me, or teach me about love, or hang out with all his friends.

right, but he did say it. so your dressing sexy/rape analogy is another false equivalency.

if a woman dresses sexy and then gets raped, not her fault. if a man tells a woman he's going to buy her a plane ticket so she can come get raped, and she takes up his offer -- probably her fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.