MLB 2013 season

The Astros are on pace to make the most money in profit in one season in the history of the MLB. This system is fucking broken.

They're 43-86 right now.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Matt Harvey.
frown.png

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
The Astros are on pace to make the most money in profit in one season in the history of the MLB. This system is fucking broken.

They're 43-86 right now.
Word here locally is that the ownership is trying to recoup money from purchasing the team. I'm sure a lot of that money is going to be plugged into player development and/or stashed away in a warchest for when it comes time to pay for homegrown players and buy free-agents.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Yeah, I don't know why you're screaming about the Astros.

They're just doing a really heavy rebuild that was badly needed. They're not the Marlins.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Fucking Cardinals. I hate that team so much. Almost as much as the Steelers. Reds have lost 26 of the last 29 Cardinals series. And to lose like that game.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fucking Cardinals. I hate that team so much. Almost as much as the Steelers. Reds have lost 26 of the last 29 Cardinals series. And to lose like that game.
If you guys could get in to a savage bench clearing brawl that results in multiple starters for both teams getting serious injuries that would be swell.

Dandrools

Molten Core Raider
If you guys could get in to a savage bench clearing brawl that results in multiple starters for both teams getting serious injuries that would be swell.
As long as Johnny Cueto isn't around to kick people in the head like a fucking pussy and end their careers....

I enjoyed the hell out of that game. Only thing that could have made it better would have been if Votto had tossed that ball into the stands when he thought there were 3 outs.

Yeah, I don't know why you're screaming about the Astros.

They're just doing a really heavy rebuild that was badly needed. They're not the Marlins.
in the meantime they're obligated to actually put a viable product on the field. you know b/c they're receiving profit sharing.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
What constitutes a "viable product" in your mind? Again, this isn't a Loria situation. The Astros org is full of smart people that want to win. They just need to gather and develop talent.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
in the meantime they're obligated to actually put a viable product on the field. you know b/c they're receiving profit sharing.
Year to year parody in baseball is nearly impossible. While you can point out that there have been different teams wild card, regular season div champs, and WS champs every year, we still the same teams year after year contending/be relevant for the last 5+ years. The teams that come to mind when I say that are the Cards, Rays, Yanks, Red Sox, A's, Giants, Rangers, Tigers, and Braves. Sure any one of these teams have missed the playoffs, but it wasn't for a long stretch by any means.

The Astros will contend in time (hopefully) And when they do, they will up their salary.

On a side note, I think it is amazing that they were able to pull down that much TV money. Over half the Greater Houston Metro Area does not have access to watch them, or the Rockets, on Comcast Sports Net, because the other providers, UVerse, Dish, Direct, etc etc, is not carrying the channel.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
As long as Johnny Cueto isn't around to kick people in the head like a fucking pussy and end their careers....

I enjoyed the hell out of that game. Only thing that could have made it better would have been if Votto had tossed that ball into the stands when he thought there were 3 outs.
You're a very bad person.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
It's amazing that none of the Astros teams of the 90s made any serious playoff runs. Those were some of the best teams in baseball history. That '98 lineup
cool.png

Dandrools

Molten Core Raider
You're a very bad person.
I rather enjoy someone taking that view because I'm a Cardinals fan. I grew up in between Cincinatti and St. Louis, closer to St. Louis, so it's only natural that I became a fan of them. Your point of view is one I've felt towards Yankee fans my whole life. If you feel it towards me it's because my team wins a lot, and I can certainly stand to live with that for the rest of my life.

All of that said, in my lifetime, being a Cards fan was mostly about heartache until recently. The first season I remember was '85, they lost the World Series in 7 games. Two years later lost it again in 7 games. For most of the next 15 years they were a mediocre team. Then they lost the series again in '04 in a sweep. Only recently have they managed to win a couple and be a contender virtually every year.