MLB 2013 season

Cybsled

Lester said it was rosin and the Cardinals manager even mentioned he doesn't care (because his pitchers do the same thing no doubt). Cardinals lost game 1 because they sucked, not because Lester had flubber in his glove.

Dandrools

Molten Core Raider
Just got myself tickets for games 3-5. Will be my first World Series games. Gonna be the 4th time this postseason that I've made a 12.5 hour drive to St. Louis and back to see games. This whole government shutdown mess made it super easy for me to get away. Can't do any business when all of your government contacts are/were furloughed.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
So the cards gave up the first one and won the second. Turning out to be an interesting WS playoff year. The glove thing is dubious but if they didn't catch him doing anything and nobody complained, what are you gonna do? Can't wait for Saturday!

sticktastic_sl

shitlord
For all the awesome playoff drama that baseball has in it's playoffs. Dumb shit like that literally makes it hard to watch. I couldnt care less about either team but christ...seriously...end game on obstruction? ok...guess i shouldnt be surprised, this is the same league who called a all star game at a tie, and made winner of the allstar game have home field advantage in WS...some dumb shit in MLB

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Just got myself tickets for games 3-5. Will be my first World Series games. Gonna be the 4th time this postseason that I've made a 12.5 hour drive to St. Louis and back to see games. This whole government shutdown mess made it super easy for me to get away. Can't do any business when all of your government contacts are/were furloughed.
Well, I hope game 3 was worth the money. That was one entertaining baseball game for me.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Just a shitty call to end a game on. Glad we got out of the bar when we did, feel like a riot was about to start.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Definitely a shit call to end a game like that. Saltalamachia should never have thrown that ball though, and Uehara should have started that inning. Farrell really messed that last inning up six ways from Sunday. Really has been a sloppy series. All three games basically won on bad defense.

Sox are in trouble though if that's the effort we are getting out of Peavy, and a fatigued Buchholz up next. Offense needs to wake up.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I don't understand why it was a 'shit call'. Looked like legit obstruction to me. What else would you have had the umpire do? (Serious question.)

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It was a judgement call, and I get that. You had two guys get tied up because the 3rd basemen had to dive for the ball. He has a right to be there, and Craig did push at Middlebrooks when he was down. Just should have sent the runner back to 3d because they both interfered with each other imo.

No one wants to see a game won or lost on shit like that. Good on the Cards though they found a way to win.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Ignoring the fact that Craig's slide caused the "obstruction" in the first place, he's pushing down on Middlebrooks and Jim Joyce isn't even looking.

rrr_img_47899.jpg

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
And from Supertouch's screen grab it looks like Craig isn't even on the chalk, which Joyce specifically said in his post-game press conference. Tough call to end a game.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Bros, I totally get what you are saying now. It's hard to have an outcome decided on a judgement call. It seemed pretty clear to me last night that Middlebrooks was raising his legs on purpose to keep Craig at 3rd, but I didn't see a push-off until now. As far as the slide 'causing' the obstruction?... that's a bit of a reach.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
It doesn't really have anything to do with the chalk. When a defensive play is in progress, the runner has to make a beeline for the bag and can't deviate from it to make contact with a fielder. Middlebrooks was standing a foot to the side when Craig slid into him, knocking him to the ground and causing the ball to come loose. You see the "takeout slide" at 2nd base all the time which is actually a flagrant violation of the rules, but the runner (who technically broke the rules) shouldn't get rewarded with obstruction on top of it.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Bros, I totally get what you are saying now. It's hard to have an outcome decided on a judgement call. It seemed pretty clear to me last night that Middlebrooks was raising his legs on purpose to keep Craig at 3rd, but I didn't see a push-off until now. As far as the slide 'causing' the obstruction?... that's a bit of a reach.
Middlebrooks was standing off to the side of the bag when the first thing Craig makes contact with is Middlebrooks' foot. That's why he fell in the first place. If Middlebrooks had been standing directly in front of the bag then it would have been obstruction without question.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
I was just pointing out that Joyce did not actually see the play. He claimed in his post-game interview to have seen it, and had seen Craig running "directly on the chalk". I don't have a problem with the rule, or the call, just don't make a call like that when you don't see it.