MLB 2014 Season Thread

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Stanton was down for a LONG time. Not good
God, Mike Fiers reaction as soon as the pitch hit was all the reaction you need. He washorrifiedthat the pitch hit him in the face. They should have pulled him right away, stupid they let him pitch to another batter.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Yeah, that looked awful. Fiers doesn't throw THAT hard, but even a high 80s fastball is pretty damn mean when it hits you in the face.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Cmon Davis. Adderall? You risked suspension for Adderall? Adderall is the shit you lure strippers back to your hotel with. Allegedly. At least go down using hard core Manny Ramirez / Melky Cabrera stuff. That's like getting a year suspension for weed.
rolleyes.png
@NFL

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cmon Davis. Adderall? You risked suspension for Adderall? Adderall is the shit you lure strippers back to your hotel with. Allegedly. At least go down using hard core Manny Ramirez / Melky Cabrera stuff. That's like getting a year suspension for weed.
rolleyes.png
@NFL
I knew this shit was too good to be true.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
rrr_img_76097.jpg

I really hope we can sweep them. We'll be in great shape if we can.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
Jose Altuve got his 210th and 211th hits tonight, breaking Craig Biggio's team record. Still has a 10 point lead on Victor Martinez for the batting title.

All in all, not a horrible season for Houston. Promising rookies, surprising pitching that no one expected (Keuchel and McHugh) and they will improve over last year by at least 15 or so wins. It's easy when they were such a dumpster fire the past 3 years, but hey, progress is progress. Bullpen is still a heaping pile of dog shit, though. And the line up past, oh, the clean up spot is atrocious.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Another blown save by Nathan. Glad the Rangers didn't pay him.

Ranger's trying to knock teams out of the playoffs now - first swept the Braves and now going for the A's.

I'd rather the A's win the division than the Angels but that's impossible now :>

moontayle

Golden Squire
A's pulled a 2012 Rangers.

And apparently Wash resigned because he cheated on his wife.

What. The serious. Fuck? I can't think of a lamer reason to walk away from the job you love. So you got some strange and someone other than your wife got your dick wet. You know who also did that? Bill Clinton. You know what he did about it? Sat in front of Congress and lied his ass off so he could keep being President.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I think he resigned because he cheated on his wife with a Darvish Japanese beat writer, which makes it kind of awkward to go to work once that is out there. His wife may have told him to quit since the beat writer probably isn't going to get re-assigned.

On that note, didn't know Wash had a thing for Asian women.

Also looks like Rangers about to sweep the A's, maybe out of the playoffs.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Playoffs two seasons in a row, the Pirates are officially a dynasty!!!

Playoff races aren't very exciting this season in either league.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
After the June we had, I figured there was no way the Giants would ever see the playoffs this year. If we win tonight, we're in!

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Detroit is going to get shut down by Sale and Royals gonna beat down the Indians to get to a tie for 1st place tonight.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Detroit is going to get shut down by Sale and Royals gonna beat down the Indians to get to a tie for 1st place tonight.
Goddamned White Sox. Sale picthes 6 innings, gives up 1 run. Reliever comes in and immediately gives up 2 runs in 1 inning. Lovely

While I can't wait to see the Royals in the playoffs for the first time in 29 years(I was in 2nd grade when they won the 85 world series, I'm 36 years old now), it's going to really suck when we only get to play a 1-game playoff. I want a whole series, damnit. 1 game is just so dumb, why even bother? Thats about like playing 10 minutes of a football game and then calling it good.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Well at least Detroit only split against the Twins last series, hopefully they do that again and give the royals a shot.