MLB 2014 Season Thread

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
In hindsight, it could be worse. They had a good 10-12 year run and things will turn around. It just sucks when your team is enduring one of the worst stretches in the history of a sport.

Also in hindsight, fuck the 1998 Padres and Kevin Brown.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
The Tigers have been playing chess with themselves in some of their recent negotiations. They just offered Scherzer a 6-year, 144 million dollar contract (he's an imbecile for rejecting that) and now this. Did they think teams were going to line up to pay Cabrera 40 million a year once he reached free agency? The Fister trade is even more puzzling in light of this because people assumed he was moved for financial reasons.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Astros should be a bit better this season right? I mean, they'll still be terrible but they could maybe possibly finish better than the Mariners right? Minute Maid is such a nice ballpark too. I went to the Astrodome as a kid and thought it was the worst stadium experience ever. Place was silent. It was like cheering was frowned upon.
They will be slightly better. Profundis already talked about Singleton and Springer. I guess I'll talk about Appel and Foltynewicz. They are the two closest starting pitchers that will come up in from the system. Both of them project to have #1, #2, to no worse than #3 stuff. They may arrive in August or September, so I guess we will see if they can actually hack it at the major league level.

One player I am very excited about is Carlos Correa. He is looking much like a Cal Ripken type of SS with speed on the base paths. He has already a great eye for the plate and is already displaying good pop. I hope they bring him up in September as well, but I doubt it we will see him until next season... at the earliest.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
It'll make me feel so poor in 25 years when billion dollar contracts are the norm.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Did they think teams were going to line up to pay Cabrera 40 million a year once he reached free agency?
Yes, because that's exactly what would have happened.

The Fister Trade was retarded.

I knew Scherzer would test free agent waters, his douche of an agent wouldn't have allowed anything else.

And while I'm happy Cabrera is now a Tiger for life (probably) a 10 year contract for any player is fucking stupid. I'm glad a Rangers fan (Man0warr) though who is an expert on spotting dumbest contracts ever was able to give his 2 cents though since they have first hand experience with them.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
And while I'm happy Cabrera is now a Tiger for life (probably) a 10 year contract for any player is fucking stupid. I'm glad a Rangers fan (Man0warr) though who is an expert on spotting dumbest contracts ever was able to give his 2 cents though since they have first hand experience with them.
The A-Rod deal was a stupid contract too, but at least he was age 25/26 when it happened so you knew for a fact you'd get 5-7 good years out of it.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
The Tigers will get 5 years out of it too, they are both equally stupid, 25million doesn't increase it's stupidity, both are just as retarded as the other.

Also, Angles were pretty much forced to respond it looks like with Trout.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Reds carrying last season's offensive ineptitude into this season.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Fixed for the Mariners fans out there.
Why bro? Why?
frown.png

opiate82

Bronze Squire
And don't forget scoring 1620 runs this season!

In all fairness, I am on the M's bandwagon this year. I made the most optimistic wager in my family Mariners bet with 81 wins. So anything above 81 (well, 79 technically) and I don't ever have to get my own beer for a year. Go M's!

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Yeah... I will be happy if they finish 500. It sucks to see a pitcher of Felix's caliber waste away on a team that probably won't win him a series

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
In a game where dumb contracts are the norm, its refreshing to see a contract as dumb as trout's is... for the player.

How the fuck did they get him to agree to that? I can only see this as a sure sign of some sort of brain damage, and the fact that trout's hayday will quickly come to an end.