MLB 2014 Season Thread

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Hot damn Billy Hamilton is fast! Yadi didn't even get a throw off.

Hamilton-SB.gif

Then his tag to run to home on a short RF pop up in the same inning was equally impressive.

Hamilton-3B-SF-replay.gif

rrr_img_64433.jpg

pitcher's front foot is about 6-7 inches above the ground as he's already fully committed. Awesome

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
quick, fast and is a good reader of the pitcher! Maybe he brings back the 90-100 steals in a season. ITs been far to long. Vince Coleman was the last one? I know Tim Raines back in the days got pretty up there early in his career. I think he hit the 80's.

Raines hit 90 in 83. Damn i was just a young buck looking up stats in the local newspaper back then. lol

Coleman stole 100 3 years straight to start his career.

Ricky stole 100 3 times in the early 80's. amazing at 39 years old he stole 66 bases. lol

Them are the only 3 speed burners i remember being a youngster.

Got stuck on the Baseball stats site. Last person to even break 80 stolen bases in a season was 1988. That was Ricky Henderson with 93.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Some aspect of the game has probably changed so that players are no longer able to steal that many. I don't think Hamilton will get on base enough to even have that many opportunities.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
We'll see. I have hope the Hamilton will get better as the season goes on. This is his first full season as a starter. The Reds are off to their worst start in almost 20 years. Of course, we won the NL Central that year. The lack of offense is just disappointing. I have a feeling I'm going to be saying a lot of "well, at least we didn't get shut out" this season. And I can't even say that for today's loss.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Want to watch some games this season but have Comcast issues. Anyone have a reliable website they use to watch games? I used to use VIPbox for baseball and mma, but they are offline now
frown.png

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
@Braves Fan: Who is drawing more ire from the team's fan base right now? BJ Upton or Jason Heyward?

supertouch_sl

shitlord
It's been only 12 games. A lot of good hitters are struggling right now. Jason Heyward will recover while BJ Upton will continue to suck.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
It's in a rain delay going into the top of the 7th but this Pirates-Reds game is unreal. 10 total HRs hit so far. That's a record for Great American.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I stayed until they called it. Fucking crazy.
That would have been a rollercoaster to watch. Lots of "fuuuuck" immediately followed by "YEEAAAHH" moments.

Bailey is proving me right that signing him to that huge contract was a mistake. And then Price decides to put in JJ "I only give up HRs" Hoover for relief? C'mon...

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's in a rain delay going into the top of the 7th but this Pirates-Reds game is unreal. 10 total HRs hit so far. That's a record for Great American.
Pirates had 3 separate back-to-back home runs. 2 by Walker and Sanchez. Shit was ridiculous. Would have been more betterer if any of those homers happened with someone on base.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
I know it's only two weeks into the season and early numbers are skewed because of the small sample size, plus they were supposed to be really shitty, but holy fuck is the Astros offense putrid. 2 starters hitting above .200 and well on their way to 1400+ strikeouts again.

On the plus side, Scott Feldman has looked really good the first 3 starts, having 1 more walk than strikeout not withstanding.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm 0-3 in A's games this season and they've only lost four. I'm going Friday night and liking my chances with the Astros in town.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
That's probably a pretty safe bet. If I remember correctly, Sonny Gray is pitching in that one and I think he skullfucked them pretty bad last year.