MLB 2014 Season Thread

moontayle

Golden Squire
Rangers bats have been pretty mediocre, if not awful, but their pitching has been pretty damn good. Looking forward to Darvish vs. King Felix tonight.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Yeah missing a lot of bats that glue the lineup together.

If I was an M's fan I'd be sick of Rodney's shit already - wasn't that guy terrible last year? Closers are so weird.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
MLB.tv now has a Chromecast app. Or more specifically the MLB At Bat app now has Chromecast support, but whatev.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Rangers pitching...

darvish has been spectacular this year so far, tally the cy young voting and just give him that award.

Scheppers not so much. He has to be the worst starting pitcher in baseball atm. He's just fucking hideous. Half the people in this thread could probably hit off him. Why the fuck he's stayed in the rotation past his second game I don't know. The whole bullpen probably groans every time he heads out and starts warming up in the first inning.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the Pirates lead the NL in homers after tonight. What planet is this??

Playing thoroughly mediocre other than that though. At least they had some guys on base when they hit them this time.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_64902.jpg

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
bravo to colby lewis. I've always loved the guy, he's been one of our historically best playoff/workhorse pitchers. That said, the injury and shoulder surgery he had is the absolute worst for a pitcher to try and recover from, and he's been out of it for a long time. Great to see that despite his numerous setbacks and gigantic recovery time that he's been out there and pitching solid. I'll be damned impressed if he keeps this up/figures out how to improve some more.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
oh ya im an idiot. Elbow then hip surgery. Anywho, still glad hes back

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
baseball was a pretty legit sport back in the day. I honestly think they could make some pretty damn entertaining movies around just getting players into and out of the world series/big playoff games in the early 1900s. They legit were trying to kill the other team on the streets in the big cities, and multiple players would end up with stab wounds/injuries sometimes, especially after big losses, and then have to play through it.

It's pretty awesome. The cub's last trip to the world series in particular is a great read.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Another Giants loss after another great pitching performance. The offense on this team is so anemic, I swear. Pence and Pablo have been stinking it up in the middle of the lineup. Then again, the Giants MO has usually been to be near the top of the league with runners left in scoring position. We vastly overpaid Pence and I really hope that we dump Pablo. I've never bought into his hype and thought all of the "Panda" bullshit was ridiculous. He's constantly struggling with weight, injury, and defense(probably because of the weight).

Tea_sl

shitlord
Walter Johnson is the most impressive on that list to me. Everyone else up there was, as best as we can figure, throwing some pretty soft stuff. Walter Johnson brought the heat, probably throwing in the high 80's.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Cueto is taking last year's postseason loss to the Pirates personally. Two consecutive CGs against them. 1 ER, 6 H in 18 IP.

And Billy Hamilton is starting to get on base somewhat regularly! Mesoraco's hot start (1.517 OPS!) has been outstanding. Hope his fall to the average isn't an abysmal 0/44 or something. Reds need these young players to step up big time this year if we want to stand a chance.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Martin Perez with back-to-back CGSO's, looks like the Rangers have their new #2.

Both 3 hits allowed, and on 109 pitches - WEIRD.