MLB 2014 Season Thread

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Holy shit. Chapman threw something other than a fastball or a slider. AND IT WAS AWESOME.
Yeah, that change up was sick. I've never seen that pitch from him before. The Cardinals commentators were impressed.

A 90 MPH change up.

The best play was probably Pena's belly flop flip back throw.

14sjzgo.gif

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
God, this Astros team is so frustrating. One or two bright spots, relatively speaking, mired in a maelstrom of total shit.

Jose Altuve is having a good year, George Springer is starting to come around (just wish he wouldn't get picked off so goddamn much) and a few of our starters are actually pitching pretty well.

Beyond that, though, bullpen is garbage for the most part and 2/3 of the starting lineup is generally dead weight. But there's still another #1 pick to look forward to, maybe more!

Profundis

I think he would have to elevate himself a few levels to get to dead weight. I'd say he's somewhere around albatross or shitheap.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
MLB officials are the fucking worst. Good thing they're held accountable. Oh, wait.

854718818.gif
Hahaha. We won that game after a throwing error immediately after this too. To be fair though, why didn't Beltre just throw the damn ball to first?

Twins are one game behind 500 despite awful metrics across the board. Fun to see them overachieving. I wonder how long it'll last.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Need to bring back a few of the 2004 Sox offense. Most could probably still hit better than the current line up.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Also, they're oddly playing way better on the road than at home right now.
Probably because Oakland Colosseum is awful.

Hudson has been pitching out of his mind - his ERA is down to 1.92. Lincecum has started to show signs of his old self, including enormously high pitch counts. Panda is finally able to swing the bat without breaking himself, and Morse has been a fantastic pickup.

Profundis

So I don't want to read too much into it, but Houston has looked pretty good the past few weeks. I'll take 8-4 over 12 games. George Springer is starting to look pretty legit after a godawful start, and I don't think anyone would have predicted Dallas Keuchel would be pitching very similarly to Masahiro Tanaka. Hopefully Jon Singleton will be up by the All-Star break, as it's just a dead zone at first base right now. Jose Altuve is having a good year too.

10.5 games out of first place is still pretty shitty, but right now, they are on pace to improve by a good 15-20 games this year (I'm sure it won't last, but I can hope).

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Jays playing 600 ball into June is giving me a full on robot chubby.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So has an MLB team ever finished last, first, then last again over a three year period. Red Sox will if not. Jesus the offense is dreadful.