MLB 2015 Season

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Knew Correa was a big kid, but damn.

CIOXRz6UcAE2OF6.jpg

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Baseball has an absolute shitload of great young talent, its gotta have the best out of all the other major sports right now.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Baseball has an absolute shitload of great young talent, its gotta have the best out of all the other major sports right now.
Yep, So many good young players right now. Dodgers still have a few more coming into the majors next year and possibly might even be called up this year. Seager and Urias

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Giancarlo Stanton has 27 homers going into June 25th, curious if he gets to 30 before July. Believe it would be only the third time in history; Ruth, Griffey Jr in '94, Bonds '01. I completely understand that baseball can be very slow at times, but there are very few things in sports more exciting than watching that guy hit a line drive out of the park in something like 3-4 seconds. That is a massive fucking park also. Dude is definitely one of the best athletic specimens on the planet.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Stanton seems to be about the only guy in the last few years that got a mega-contract, and is actually worth it. Maybe Cabrera, but his new 10 year contract just started last year, pretty sure he'll be WAY out of juice before that even gets close to the end.

the Marlins giving Stanton that contract will end up being similar to the Rangers giving Alex Rodriguez the massive contract early in his career(2001). Alex stayed damn good for almost that entire 10 year period (2001-2011), it'll be interesting to see if Stanton stays in Miami his entire career or if they deal him for a shitload of prospects like Texas did with Rodruigez, and it paid off, Texas made the WS twice during the time period that would have been A-Rods original contract.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'd say Trout's contact is also worth the money. It might even be better because Trout is a better player.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Ah yeah, I missed trout because it wasn't on the "biggest contract" list I was looking at, *only* being a $144 million contract over 6 years. the others I mentioned were all $200million+ deals for more years. Trout is definitely worth the money.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Trout's contract was really a gift to the Angels organization, he could've hit FA at 26 and demanded an A-Rod type contract for this era. Either way he hits at 28, dude is getting paid. Can't wait to see Harper & him combine for a billion dollars haha.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Brandon Phillips has still got it. He also hit the game-winning HR in extras in this game.

R1nyGdc.gif

He truly is one of my favorite Reds players ever.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Ya, that's bullshit. He was obviously just upset with himself. No reason for an ump to stomp to the mound like that. Give the pitcher a warning if you think it's warranted, but the umpire should never under any circumstance be instigating a face to face altercation

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Broken bone in hand for Stanton. Out 4-6 weeks. I fucking jinxed it everyone...

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Giants can't catch a break on the injury front. Started the season very short handed and they keep piling on the DL stints. Lincecum looks to be the latest victim after putting together his most solid start since his Cy Young era. Aoki going down hurts a lot too, that guy was one of the best free agent pickups of the seasons so far...

Only 1 game back of the Dodgers though, they cannot like the fact the Giants are hanging around, especially the way the Giants have played them this year.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Greinke is pretty ridiculous right now. Hardly hear anything about him anymore and yet he is posting an ERA of ~1.58 in 16 starts

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, no kidding. Dude has been incredible, definitely lining himself up for another really nice deal.