MLB 2015 Season

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
That slide is tough to call, Utley does start that slide late. But then again as long as he is in arms reach of the back he can slide through the bag. I don't think it was illegal, it was rough, but resulted in being illegal cause someone unfortunately got hurt.

At the end of the day, Utley saved their season with that slide.

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
That slide is tough to call, Utley does start that slide late. But then again as long as he is in arms reach of the back he can slide through the bag. I don't think it was illegal, it was rough, but resulted in being illegal cause someone unfortunately got hurt.

At the end of the day, Utley saved their season with that slide.
How was it not illegal? The obvious intent of the slide was to interfere with the fielder unless you deny that?

7.09(e) If, in the judgment of the umpire, a base runner willfully and deliberately interferes with a batted ball or a fielder in the act of fielding a batted ball with the obvious intent to break up a double play, the ball is dead. The umpire shall call the runner out for interference and also call out the batter-runner because of the action of his teammate. In no event may bases be run or runs scored because of such action by a runner.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Holy fuck do I miss not being in Chicago right now. It's just not the same but fuck it feels good. These two dumb dumbs colliding makes it even better.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So at what point can you just tackle the guy off the base and get the out? Gore got thrown out at third because the third baseman swipes his forearm across his lead leg and knocks him off the base. Ended up not mattering, but I see it every once in awhile where the tag obviously is applied with much more force than a tag needs to have in order to knock the leg or hand off the base.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
How was it not illegal? The obvious intent of the slide was to interfere with the fielder unless you deny that?

7.09(e) If, in the judgment of the umpire, a base runner willfully and deliberately interferes with a batted ball or a fielder in the act of fielding a batted ball with the obvious intent to break up a double play, the ball is dead. The umpire shall call the runner out for interference and also call out the batter-runner because of the action of his teammate. In no event may bases be run or runs scored because of such action by a runner.
Yeah, that should be enforced on 90% of double play attempts then. And I actually think it should, it's really obvious when it happens and it's probably one of the most common sources of on the field injury

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Oh and fuck fox sports 1. Has the worst fucking app I've ever seen, wish they would just play it on mlb.tv

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
CRO7vRwUYAALngi.jpg:large

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Good job, Cubs. I hope you lose to whatever team wins the other NLDS series, but you did good by eliminating the Cards.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Good job, Cubs. I hope you lose to whatever team wins the other NLDS series, but you did good by eliminating the Cards.
Haters gonna hate. I get the Cards hate, but why wish the Cubs out? Shit man, they are overdue.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user