MLB 2015 Season

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
A part of you must feel like he can't pitch like he has for much longer though, probably better they traded him.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Chapman involved in alleged domestic incident

Tim Brown and Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports report that Aroldis Chapman was involved in an alleged domestic incident with his girlfriend at his home in October.
The incident -- which occurred on October 30 at Chapman's home in Florida -- involved Chapman firing eight gunshots in his garage and allegedly choking and pushing his girlfriend against a wall after the two had an argument about something she saw on his phone. No arrests were made in the incident "due to conflicting stories and a lack of cooperation from all parties involved," the police report states. Still, Major League Baseball plans to investigate and it's possible Chapman could face a suspension. Not surprisingly, Brown and Passan say that the revelation has held up and could nix a trade that would send Chapman to the Dodgers.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
That story is the worst he said she said ever. Shooting a gun in your garage is retarded though. Fucking Chapman.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
Chad Qualls signed with the Rockies. He may have the worst season for a reliever, ever. I would kind of like to see that in a morbid, train wreck kind of way.

Muurloen

I guess the Rockies are stacking the deck the best so that they can to get to 100 losses.

Profundis

Astros going hard after Ken Giles. Haul so far looks to include at least Vince Velasquez and Brett Oberholtzer.

Profundis

Eh. Gotta give something to get something. I'm fine with it. Giles will be under control for a few years, and Gregerson/Neshek ought to perform better being moved back an inning. Hopefully they can re-sign Sipp.

Profundis

I mean, losing Velasquez sucks, but Giles will be under control until 2020. I'll take that. I could give no fucks about Oberholtzer going, and they sent a power hitting outfielder along with them, and those are a dime a dozen.

Muurloen

I mean, losing Velasquez sucks, but Giles will be under control until 2020. I'll take that. I could give no fucks about Oberholtzer going, and they sent a power hitting outfielder along with them, and those are a dime a dozen.
Since there are pretty much no openings in the rotation, the Astros could have converted Velasquez into a closer, a la Brad Lidge.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Reds might as well keep Chapman until the trade deadline once everyone has forgotten about this mess.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Heyward prime 26 year old, great defensive player & baserunner. Fuck though, $200 million has been the number thrown around all off-season but Jesus, that is a fuck load of money for a player who's value resides in defense & baserunning metrics (which WAR probably puts too much value in). Some are speculating a potential 10 year deal for Heyward is even more writing on the wall that the Nationals think Harper will head to the Bronx in three years. Then again Hal is a cheap ass now, but hopefully/probably so he can get ready for a $400 million offer to Harper or Trout.

Was hoping that Cashman was going to find a way to move Miller for McCullers, or find a Springer-McCugh package for Miller-Gardner-Top 5 prospect. They were floating Velasquez's name, but I guess they weren't completely sold on that. Would LOVE Carrasco fro the Indians, but that would probably cost Judge. Tanaka was a #1 before his arm issues, now he hovers as a #2 with declined velocity. Severino is a stud, but still only 21 yrs old with less than 100 IP, Pineda is a #3 at very best with his inconsistency. Eovaldi & Sabathia are injury prone just as is Tanaka & Pineda. Kaprelian is probably a sure fire #3, but he is won't arrive until later in the year. Fuck, getting younger is great, but knowing that you're looking from the outside-in in terms of competing for a championship fucking blows. GET A FUCKING SP! Upgrade in the outfield wouldn't be awful either. Sadly there is no fit there with the Dodgers for Miller either. They won't touch Urias for Miller & he is there only movable MLB-ready SP.

Muurloen

Miller for McCullers, or find a Springer-McCugh package for Miller-Gardner-Top 5 prospect.
Yeah.... no. I'm not sure whoever cooked up that rumor, but that idea flies completely in the face of how Jeff Luhnow operates. You would have to knock Luhnow's socks off with an offer to get Springer (aged and expensive veterans aren't going to do it) and you can just forget about McCullers as he is in the untouchable realm.

The only reason Velasquez's name was out there, and subsequently moved, is that he didn't have a spot available for him to win. Thus he was moved for a grade A backend of the bullpen arm.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Numerous people touching on the fact that Springer could be had for a "large haul", but nothing out of this planet. McCullers certainly isn't as untouchable as they might portray him to be, but the sentiment is sincerely felt. It would've taken a Miller, high-end prospect & some for McCullers.

Muurloen

I mean if you arent listening to you offers then you aren't doing your job as a GM. Those numerous people are delusional at best.

In reality as long the productive core (correa, springer, altuve, mccullers, keuchel, mchugh) of the Astros are being paid peanuts and under club control, they are going no where. Any belief that the above assets are going to be packaged for anything less than a several grade A prospects is folly.

Last season's run put the team massively ahead of schedule. They are not going to break up the band now and won't for quite sometime.

10464218_10154263320520431_6241616349984624771_n.jpg