MLB 2015 Season

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Spring training has begun, the season will be here in a couple weeks, time for a new thread.

ITT we discuss why the Royals will repeat as AL champs

MZ7VJhU.jpg
First post of the thread. Awesome.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Xeldar

Silver Squire
I'm perplexed about pulling Familia when he would've batted 3rd with two outs. Having him pitch for 3 more outs feels more +EV then pulling him.

Generol_sl

shitlord
Congrats to you Royals fans. I love watching teams win by doing the little things, running the bases, playing small ball, etc. They are a young team too so they will challenge for a few more years if they keep that squad together.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Royals have some interesting offseason decisions to make.

Guthrie is done, no way they pick up a $10 mil option on him

Madson, Young and Franklin Morales are all free agents. Madson and Young are worth keeping if the price is right.

Zobrist needs to be signed, but he got expensive with how well he played since moving to the royals.

Cueto will probably get a qualifying offer and reject it.

Rios aint getting 12.5mil. I am actually pretty high on him, but putting Dyson or Orlando out there would work great for a hell of a lot less cash

I think the royals will pick up the rest of the options, and try to sign a few players that are FA after the 2016 year to longer term contracts. Infante's contract still makes me sick

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
And next year is an even numbered year, so...Giants turn again.
We went on a run toward the end of the season and almost snuck into the playoffs. We got wrecked by injuries this season.

Duffy looks extremely promising. Panik and Crawford are great and amazing defensively. Belt can rip it (when he's healthy). So, our infield is solid as hell.

We just need a really solid leadoff guy (that can stay healthy) and a really solid #2 or #3 starter. Cain should be the solid #2, but his health is still up in the air. Hudson is retiring (and old), Peavy is old, and Lincecum might also be forced to retire because of health.

If we can shore up the pitching staff and add a solid leadoff guy, I like our chances in 2016.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
San Francisco Giants front office sent the Royals front office 25 Pizzas last night since they were all working late planning the parade today. Pretty classy of San Fran

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Do other teams have this kind of turnout when they win? It's unreal. So many schools cancelled classes and I know plenty of businesses let their employees off. Numbers are usually inflated, but I heard 400K turnout thrown around.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I just talked with my buddy who lives in Midtown. Six cars parked in his back yard. He had just heard they put the number at 600K, and they were expecting 200K.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
Free agency starts Saturday.

Blue Jays already exercised options on Bautista, Encarnacion and Dickey. Brewers likewise on Adam Lind.

Detroit did not exercise Joe Nathan's option, nor did Philly with Cliff Lee.

Cespedes is apparently VERY unlikely to sign with the Mets.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I just talked with my buddy who lives in Midtown. Six cars parked in his back yard. He had just heard they put the number at 600K, and they were expecting 200K.
If it did approach 600k, that's nuts. That's basically 1/3 of the entire Metro Area. 1 out of every 3 people in about a 25 mile radius at the parade, and larger than the entire population of the city of Kansas City(KC itself is just shy of 500k population)

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Jonny Gomes speech was pretty epic yesterday (especially for a guy that wasn't even on the postseason active roster)