MLB 2016

Hathe

Silver Knight of the Realm
Absolutely terrible news, what an incredible athelete, massive loss to the MLB. Saw his picture in FSR and thought it was a joke. :(

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Holy fuck, the Fernandez loss is just massive...

That kid was just incredibly talented. Think a lot of people thought he was the only guy that could maybe challenge Kershaw down the road. His stuff was sensational and there was some decent evidence that the guy was started to grasp how to really pitch. I feel awful for his fiance & family, the Cuban fans, and just baseball fans in general. Its a huge loss, what could've been for that kid (aside from the HoF potential & barring injury a lock for a $250+ million contract).

Rest In Peace superstar

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Really sucks about Fernandez. It was just supposed to be a three hour tour.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Really sucks about Fernandez. It was just supposed to be a three hour tour.

That might possibly be the darkest Gilligans Island reference ever and I laughed like a person who knows if hell exist my ticket was booked decades ago.

• 1Cutler
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Dee Gordon takes first pitch of bottom of 1st inning as a right handed better to honor Jose Fernandez...then proceeds to crush the next pitch over the right field wall back hitting as a lefty. Can't make this stuff up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Local radio here in DFW was playing the Le Batard clip where he broke down on the air... That shit was just sad. Guy was a blast to watch play, think it was evident any baseball fan knew how good the guy could be watching him throw 98 mph & that slider he had was disturbing. But you really don't get how much of a loss this is for baseball until you look at the stories and personality. The game at times, can really lack the "flair" & "color" sometimes that it needs. It's just sad that we won't get to see that kid pitch for 10-15 more years, and make his way to some mega-market or Marlins have a drastic turn around and be showcased for the world to see.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Playoffs baby! And thank you Red Sox for losing so we don't have to play that Detroit makeup game tomorrow.

I've got to say that the Indians have had a phenomenal year. I'd love to see us in the World Series. A Cubs / Indians World Series would probably herald in the end times though. I'm not sure what team is more cursed.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Angelwatch Angelwatch Bet on the ALDS series?

I assume you're taking the Red Sox and I've got the Indians?

Simple Avatar bet. Must be work safe. Until Thanksgiving? Sound good?

Kluber is out until a potential game 5 and Carasco is out until next year so I'm not as confident as I was a month ago but we've still got a great team this year and you know how good a manager Francona is.

Hathe

Silver Knight of the Realm
I was hoping the mariners would take the WC spot, win it, and play the rangers for the ALDS just so I could go up to Seattle to watch the rangers play, oh well.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Rangers season is weird. As close as they've played a lot of their games, they could easily find themselves out on their asses by next week. Here's hoping the bats stay hot and Hamels and Yu deliver because I'd like Beltre to get a ring before he retires.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I hate Toronto's field, just as a matter of principle. Turf has no place in baseball. Wouldn't mind a rematch of last year's ALDS though. With a win this time of course.