MLB 2016

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Prince Fielder will retire with the exact same number of HR as his dad Cecil. 319 for both. Strange...

Prince 162 game average for career : .283 avg, 32HR, 103 RBI, .887 OPS

Cecil 162 game average for career: .255 avg, 35HR, 111 RBI, .827 OPS

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
A-ROD, GRIFFEY, BONDS, JETER MY CHILDHOOD IS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fitting that his pregame speech was interrupted with a bolt of lightning, and rained out.

Sterling

El Presidente
A-ROD, GRIFFEY, BONDS, JETER MY CHILDHOOD IS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was a Mattingly guy when I was a kid, but yeah, this does sort of feel like an end to an era. Kind of need to add Clemens and Randy Johnson to that list too, even If I mostly hated those guys before they played for a real team.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Definitely missing some greats, but yeah, an era is certainly ending. I was a little worried there about 5 years ago, because players from the mid-00s hadn't really taken over the game in a way that was promising for the future. At least in a manner that would soften the blow from these mega-stars retiring.

Luckily '12 hit and baseball just got a historically great influx of young talent. Guys like Trout, Harper, Fernandez, the Mets staff, Bryant, Altuve, Betts, Stanton, Machado, Arenado, Lindor (and many more) have really gotten me excited for the future. Looks like we should have some really good star power at least for the next decade.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
UoWLWDH.gif

eh2upd5.gif

npnQx9z.gif

vOD5CGv.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
9 Wins in a row, and 12 of last 13 for the Royals

Only 2 games out of a Wildcard spot after going 7-19 in the month of July

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
9 Wins in a row, and 12 of last 13 for the Royals

Only 2 games out of a Wildcard spot after going 7-19 in the month of July

Aren't they four games back? MLB Regular Season Standings Major League Baseball

But yeah, pretty good stuff. Hope they keep it up. I always thought it was a bad idea to bring in Duffy off the bench (especially given the rotation they started the year with) so I'm glad it's really working bringing him back out as a starter.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Ah yeah my bad, forgot the AL East currently has 3 playoff teams if the season ended today, I was just looking at our record compared to the top 2 in each division

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
First at bat with the Rangers Carlos Gomez goes yard.

And... Gary Sanchez is Babe Ruth. 9 HRs in 19 games to start a career.

Sanchez cuts down O'Malley

^ this is a good throw to throw on, but O'Malley had a massive jump. Sanchez has a gun of an arm, maybe Molina-esque (I don't think anyone touches Pudge Rodriguez's arm), although his overall defense will probably always lack behind elite guys.

Last edited:

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I was at that game when Sanchez hit two HRs in back-to-back ABs. You know, the one when the Yankees were up 6-0 and then allowed 12 unanswered runs to lose 6-12. Never saw anything like that in person before. As that 7th or 8th inning got worse and worse the bleacher crowd started turning on each other. Lotta "SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU FUCKING PUSSY!" calls and shit. It was a wonderful first time Yankee Stadium experience.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
^ Naming rights are getting fucking retarded. Fucking greedy fucks man.

Sanchez homers again. I know Fulmer is having a really good year for the Tigers as a rookie, but Sanchez is playing so fucking well he may eclipse 20 HRs as a fucking catcher this year, even only playing for two months! Guy is hitting .400 with a 1.390 OPS right now. He has the 2nd highest fWAR out of AL catchers already in 21 games this year.

Sometimes guys get incredibly hot, and don't turn out to be much, but with his track record of being a "Top Prospect" (at 18 many scouts had him the best catching prospect in the game), there is really no reason to suspect Sanchez can't be a .300 25-30 HR solid-solid defensive catcher. That by default makes you one of the better players in the game. If the Yanks just pulled a Posey-like catcher out of their hats, that's a really good way to start a rebuild.