MLB 2016

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Holy fucking shit, the sample size is tiny but so far the Astros got TRADE-RAPED savage by Philly.

Phils got:
Velasquez - looks like the second coming of Kerry Wood; looked good at the MLB level end of last season with the Astros, so not really a fluke
Appel - actually pitched well debuting with his new minor league squad, if he turns it around could be a no. 2-3 starter
Oberholtzer - solid back of the rotation or bullpen long man
Thomas Eschelman - way too early, but was this years 2nd rounder and a solid college pitcher
Harold Arauz - who the fuck is that?!

Astros got:
Ken "Longball" Giles - pretty much gives up the game-losing HR each outing; couldn't take the closing job from fucking Gregerson, who makes me shit bricks every time he comes out of the pen.
Johnathan Arauz - middling infield prospect

So. Fucking. Trade-raped.

Yes, it's early and I'm overreacting. But if we lose 2 quality starters for the second coming of Green Light Lidge, I may drunkenly break into the Juice Box and shit on Luhnow's desk after an all-night bender in East Downtown (fuck calling it EaDo, suck a dick trendy hipster shit-stabbers).

There, I feel better.
Was just looking at this after the Velasquez game. I know Appel isn't quite what the 'Stros wanted, & Velasquez wasn't a dynamite prospect, but they sure did give up a fuck load for Giles. Was surprised when it was announced, made the Chapman trade that much better looking.

Thanks for beating your wife Aroldis!

Is East Downtown really trendy now? Deep Ellum is becoming even more of a hipster-fuck fest in recent times. Thank god for Ft. Worth. TCU bitches & museums!

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Was just looking at this after the Velasquez game. I know Appel isn't quite what the 'Stros wanted, & Velasquez wasn't a dynamite prospect, but they sure did give up a fuck load for Giles. Was surprised when it was announced, made the Chapman trade that much better looking.

Thanks for beating your wife Aroldis!

Is East Downtown really trendy now? Deep Ellum is becoming even more of a hipster-fuck fest in recent times. Thank god for Ft. Worth. TCU bitches & museums!
Velasquez was a high-end prospect for us that looked good in the majors late last year. Oberholtzer was going to be displaced, so he was very tradeable. Appel was puzzling because his velocity and stuff LOOKED fine, but he kept getting lit up in the minors. A change of scenery may right the ship. Eschelman is too early to make any judgement on, but a top 15 prospect for the Phils now. Seriously never heard of H. Arauz, and I follow Astros prospects pretty regularly.

Giles will probably level out and I seriously hope he does. But Appel + Velasquez was too high a price to pay for a bullpen arm, period. Subtract either Velasquez or Appel and the deal is probably passable assuming Giles shakes off his start and turns into a legit closer down the line. It would be a really swift kick in the balls if Eschelman develops into a starter. If the Phils got 3 legit starting MLB arms off the Giles deal, I would kind of wish herpes on Luhnow. You know, an annoying reminder of bad decisions, just like Astros fans will always have an annoying reminder of his bad decision in what will go down as a Bagwell-level trade-raping if Velasquez is a star and 1-2 other major league arms emerge from the prospects.

East Downtown is less trendy, more where you go to get trashed post-Astros or Dynamo. It is a couple of blocks from either. Though a ton of fancy apts and townhomes have also been built there, so trendy may still be in the cards. Moontower Inn may be trendy? If you like sweating your balls off (outdoors seating only) with a bunch of mustache waxers and UH kids while drinking the same craft beer available at 3+ other air-conditioned places around the corner, then HAVE I GOT THE PLACE FOR YOU!

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Oh Curt...I know you are passionate about certain things, but usually it isn't a good idea to publicly post politically charged stuff your employer (ESPN, Disney) would frown upon.

That meme, fucking cracked me up. But no one is entitled to employment, and if ESPN wants to fire him, even if I think there is some truth to what he is saying, it's their right. Plus ESPN has no personality, so, he probably knew he'd get canned.

Hathe

Silver Knight of the Realm
How many times has Curt been fired in the last 5 years? Does he still play EQ? Anyone know if he's good at pulling?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Giants give up 12+ in one inning in two games, less than a week apart. First time in MLB history, yay! And we're still in first in the West..lulz.

The back end of our rotation is total trash.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
Both ends of the Astros rotation are trash right now.

While I expect Keuchel and hope McHugh will improve, right now, our best starter is a toss up between Scott Feldman and Doug Fister.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I find that my offensive shits tend to be better at stopping people myself.

rrr_img_133110.jpg

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
His 7 PA today with no official AB is the first time it's happened in MLB history.

In other weird news, the Twins pitcher struck out 4 batters in the 7th and gave up a run. It's a perfect show of how the White Sox and Twins are playing this season.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Only in baseball can you get shit like that.

The way the Cubs treated Harper says a lot about how deadly he is at the plate. Other than walks, he has slowed down the last couple of weeks and he still owns a .400 obp.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Only in baseball can you get shit like that.

The way the Cubs treated Harper says a lot about how deadly he is at the plate. Other than walks, he has slowed down the last couple of weeks and he still owns a .400 obp.
That may go down now that David Murphy is batting behind him instead of Zimmerbro.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Well it's been long enough that I can say that Soria is shit. When you are only asked to come in for one inning you can't give up the runs that he is giving.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Well the Rangers vs Blue Jays beef finally came to a head today. That beautiful flush right hook that Odor landed on Bautista is gonna get him suspended for quite awhile.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
That was awesome. Looks like they got the double play too. There's not many people in baseball that need to be punched in the face more than Bautista

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
This makes me happy
dzytltukqx096x7lbsyd.gif

Bautista is a little bitch. Got plunked earlier in the game as retaliation for his bat-flip shenanigans, and then to retaliate he almost tackles the 2nd baseman on a slide into the bag while the 2nd basemen is trying to turn a double-play. Thats a good way to break a guys leg and put him out for the season.