MLB 2017

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I just can't ever buy into a real Nationals run until they actually have a bullpen. They have all the hitting in the world, and solid starting pitching, but due to injuries and a shaky bullpen it's always kinda phony.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Ok so, losing six in a row sucks. Especially with most coming against the Oakland Athletics... If the Yanks could start winning again that'd be preferable.

The Arenado walk-off to complete the Cycle was pretty dope.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
my god what happened to the Giants, this time last year, they had the best record in baseball.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Homer Bailey finally comes back after like six starts since 2015. 8 ERs in 1.2 IP. Can any of you guys pitch? Reds could use you.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Judge and Bellanger are such drastically different players. Obviously the biggest difference is body type, as Judge is a literal giant. But Bellanger has that silky smooth stroke and every time he gets a hold of one, you know its fucking gone just the way that bat springs through the ball then back off of his back.

Judge is just using demolishing shit. You cant even cite Yankee stadium as being an advantage with the short porch as every ball he destroys goes very, very far.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Bellinger leaves no doubt about what he is trying to do. Massive uppercut swing, but man its working. Baseball has definitely changed philosophy in terms of approaches towards hitting. Strikeouts used to be the worst thing ever. Now it's get the ball in the air, and hit it as hard as you can. If you strikeout? Who cares, make it up with power and some occasional walks. The shift obviously has a lot to do with that, but it's gonna be fun to watch going forward. That and this change in location of where the Official MLB baseballs are made are going to provide some fun power numbers.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Judge and Bellanger are such drastically different players. Obviously the biggest difference is body type, as Judge is a literal giant. But Bellanger has that silky smooth stroke and every time he gets a hold of one, you know its fucking gone just the way that bat springs through the ball then back off of his back.

Judge is just using demolishing shit. You cant even cite Yankee stadium as being an advantage with the short porch as every ball he destroys goes very, very far.
Bellinger used to be a little dude. He just had some insane growth spurt. Kids only 21 years old. Has insane batspeed. His long balls are only going to get longer as long as he remains healthy.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
His bat speed is the best ive seen since a young Garry Shefflield.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Fuuuuuck it's been a shit couple weeks for yanks

Lose 12 of 16
Fall out of first
Lost Gleyber for the year instead of him starting the stretch at third
Dustin fowler ruptures patella in debut
6 every day players on DL

Just stinks to lose two top prospects for a year.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fuuuuuck it's been a shit couple weeks for yanks

Lose 12 of 16
Fall out of first
Lost Gleyber for the year instead of him starting the stretch at third
Dustin fowler ruptures patella in debut
6 every day players on DL

Just stinks to lose two top prospects for a year.

I think they'll be ok but it's not pretty to watch right now. WTF is going on with Betances lately?

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I think they'll be ok but it's not pretty to watch right now. WTF is going on with Betances lately?

I'm worried. It's on the edge of a potential Ankiel meltdown. I try not to overreact, but a reliever with as much hype and pressure in Ny as he has could crush him future.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Gleyber & Fowler hurt. Luckily Frazier brought it last night. This bullpen shitting the bed this bad is shocking.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I think they will play about 500 the rest of the way and miss the playoffs. They were overachieving. They have zero quality pitching. Guys like hicks, Castro, Heatley were overachieving, judge is amazing but I think he will cool off a bit the 2nd half. They were really going to need the help down the line.

Pumped for Frazier. I would stencil in fowlerr Frazier judge as the opening day starters next year. Maybe even move judge full time to DH to make room for hicks, Gardner etc,

Gleyber Gregorious and Castro should be a lock for next year, Sanchez too. The only question is first base. They may need to bring in a stop gap because they can't rely on bird.

So excited for next year, bummed we didn't get to see more of this lineup this year.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Definitely some over achievement, so to expect a drop off is not surprising. That being said Tanaka has looked better his last two starts, and having him back to his normal self would really help. Pitching has been surprisingly good. Severino has been fantastic and has peripherals to indicate his ace-like stuff is probably for real. Montgomery has been an awesome call up. The guy pitches very smart, and doesn't throw absolute heat (should avoid elbow issues). He looks like a #3 or at least minimum #4 starter for quite sometime. Bullpen has been so fucking bad, which is shocking with Chapman & Betances.

Although a nice problem to have, with the success of the call ups there is going to be some decisions to be made. Judge will man Right Field for the foreseeable future (or until a potential Harper signing) as he actually has shown a really solid glove. I wouldn't be surprised to see Gardner traded, and maybe possibly Hicks with how great he has been this year. I expect some combination of Hicks, Ellsbury, Judge and one of Frazier/Fowler seeing time next year. Still believe there is a chance Frazier, Mateo and some others get packaged for a front line starter. Gleyber, Gregorious, Castro should start in the field. Sanchez is on his way to superstardom. I still have faith in Bird, but he's gotta get on the field. He has a very talented bat, despite his awful start.

Remember, Yankees have an absolute shit ton of cap space after this offseason, and I still think pairing Judge & Harper is their dream.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Definitely some over achievement, so to expect a drop off is not surprising. That being said Tanaka has looked better his last two starts, and having him back to his normal self would really help. Pitching has been surprisingly good. Severino has been fantastic and has peripherals to indicate his ace-like stuff is probably for real. Montgomery has been an awesome call up. The guy pitches very smart, and doesn't throw absolute heat (should avoid elbow issues). He looks like a #3 or at least minimum #4 starter for quite sometime. Bullpen has been so fucking bad, which is shocking with Chapman & Betances.

Although a nice problem to have, with the success of the call ups there is going to be some decisions to be made. Judge will man Right Field for the foreseeable future (or until a potential Harper signing) as he actually has shown a really solid glove. I wouldn't be surprised to see Gardner traded, and maybe possibly Hicks with how great he has been this year. I expect some combination of Hicks, Ellsbury, Judge and one of Frazier/Fowler seeing time next year. Still believe there is a chance Frazier, Mateo and some others get packaged for a front line starter. Gleyber, Gregorious, Castro should start in the field. Sanchez is on his way to superstardom. I still have faith in Bird, but he's gotta get on the field. He has a very talented bat, despite his awful start.

Remember, Yankees have an absolute shit ton of cap space after this offseason, and I still think pairing Judge & Harper is their dream.

I agree, I think we're seeing a preview of what was supposed to be next year. Also keep in mind they have had a shitton of injuries as well which is not easy for a fairly young team. Tanaka up until recently hasn't been great either. If they can get another quality starter long term, then maybe shore up that bullpen behind Betances/Chapman they are going to be pretty good next year. Hell I think they are good this year, if they make the playoffs it's gravy to me since I didn't expect them too.