MLB 2018

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
And my worries are being justified about the Red Sox pitching staff the past few games....

they might break the number of wins for the season- but..without the pitching stepping up. they ain't doing shit in the playoffs-they might make it to the 2nd round.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Pretty sure the Dodgers aren't winning the West this year, much less getting back to the World Series

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Looks like they have him starting on Sunday, but will keep him at 50 pitches or less. I guess we will see if he can stay healthy.

Pyratec

Golden Knight of the Realm
Looks like they have him starting on Sunday, but will keep him at 50 pitches or less. I guess we will see if he can stay healthy.

He went 2 1/3 innings, struck out two, walked two, gave up a two run home run. They pulled him after 49 pitches. He tried fielding a ball with his barehand and his fastball was only hitting 92-93 towards the end when it was 98 at the start of the game. Not sure if he hurt himself fielding the ball. He looked ok, as elcaro said, all depends on him staying healthy.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Either make him a reliever and put him in long relief situations only so he can still hit from time to time or make him a full time position player.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Fccccccck........started this collection earlier this year, around 170 rookies of his ranging from a couple dollars each, to hundreds per card. This is definetly not the news I wanted to hear. Pretty sure that his cards are going to take a big hit until there is positive news after the surgery. Was wanting him to end the season pitching, create some buzz into next year, and hopefully make a few bucks. Now I can only hope my investment works to positive inside a few years. I hope they keep him hitting, and the surgery goes well, allowing him to come back strong.

G6lCjPo.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Top row, yea. Bottom row is a mix of my favorite player's cards that have been graded. Most are rookies, few others mixed in, lots of Kris Bryant.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Think my dad still has entire sets from the 70s and 80s stacked entire wall high in the garage. He's more into memorabilia (runs a sports/music memorabilia shop) but cards seem to be making a comeback.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Think my dad still has entire sets from the 70s and 80s stacked entire wall high in the garage. He's more into memorabilia (runs a sports/music memorabilia shop) but cards seem to be making a comeback.

They still print too many for them to ever hold value beyond nostalgia.

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Depends on what sets/variations of cards you are buying, but yes they do go crazy with the printing. Not as bad as late 80's/90's/early 2000's.

There are still plenty of places to make some money if you are buying the correct cards. Opening packs to get what you are after is nearly always a losing endeavor.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Was just about to post the Kopech news. Shit sucks, TJ is the worst thing ever for sports... HGH anyone?

Badass set Elcaro, I'd love to see some of the big cards you have of his. Just recently looked into buying some cards again here and there. Just bought into some case breaks etc: Topps Chrome, some NFL Donruss stuff and what not.

Ohtani will be fine but he is a really interesting case. Looks like he will undergo TJ and DH the majority of next year, and then aim for SP & DH full-time in 2020. Dude has proven to be a monster with the bat. I also wonder if he shouldn't just go Andrew Miller/Eckersly/Hader and just be a bullpens best piece and hit 5 games a week. I guess if you can hit him 3 times a week, and start him once a week you could have some badass 4-6 WAR SP who gives you 3 wins hitting. Idk, dudes a fucking monster. Keep those cards. Worst case he'll be an all-star Right Fielder eventually. Add that he is from Japan? That's value.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Was just about to post the Kopech news. Shit sucks, TJ is the worst thing ever for sports... HGH anyone?

Badass set Elcaro, I'd love to see some of the big cards you have of his. Just recently looked into buying some cards again here and there. Just bought into some case breaks etc: Topps Chrome, some NFL Donruss stuff and what not.

Ohtani will be fine but he is a really interesting case. Looks like he will undergo TJ and DH the majority of next year, and then aim for SP & DH full-time in 2020. Dude has proven to be a monster with the bat. I also wonder if he shouldn't just go Andrew Miller/Eckersly/Hader and just be a bullpens best piece and hit 5 games a week. I guess if you can hit him 3 times a week, and start him once a week you could have some badass 4-6 WAR SP who gives you 3 wins hitting. Idk, dudes a fucking monster. Keep those cards. Worst case he'll be an all-star Right Fielder eventually. Add that he is from Japan? That's value.

Literally a winded way of saying what I just said a few posts ago. :p

Either make him a reliever and put him in long relief situations only so he can still hit from time to time or make him a full time position player.