MLB 2018

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Dodgers lost in the 15th inning last night on a walk off home run. McCutchen was getting a piece of every pitch thrown by Font. I knew it was a matter of time. 12th pitch 3 run home run.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Can't get over how good Ohtani is. 80 raw power, 80 velocity, 70 sprint speed, a plus plus splitter. Dude is the fucking truth. Jesus, what a marvel.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm resetting expectations already. How could the Reds get worse? My god this is fucking terrible to watch. Already starting to hate this season.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Give him $400 million!

And this guy almost threw a perfect game against the world champions... What a beautiful sport!

1523940830728.png

Last edited:

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think we all need to take a breath and remember these starts to the season are nice/not nice. BUt it's still like 90% of the season to go... Like WTF did the Reds expect any manager to do with that team anyways?

IF the RedSox are still killing it after another 20-30 games i'll call them a legit possible 100 win likely headed to the WS team. Especially if Porcello is Pitching like his Cy Young form of a couple years ago, Price is doing well, AND the Lineup is raking.

They are capable of doing this but it's a big ask for it to all continue to fall into place. I mean The Angels were also super hot until we came into Cali and beat them like 20-1 over the past couple nights. It's still early enough for a nasty slump to correct out the record super fast.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The Reds' problems go far beyond Price but he was never the long term plan for manager. It is disheartening to already be disengaged with baseball though. Not even May yet and I can't be bothered to watch this sad team. There's nothing to look forward to. Maybe they'll call up Senzel but I don't know. They've made some head scratching moves this season concerning the active roster.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
To me it sounds like he lost the clubhouse like Bo Porter did.

I dont think the Reds are there thoough in progression like the Astros.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
To me it sounds like he lost the clubhouse like Bo Porter did.

I dont think the Reds are there thoough in progression like the Astros.
The Reds need a lot of pieces and it sounds like the players are looking for someone to blame for their shitty performance.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The complete lack of scoring capability is the most confusing thing right now. That was above average last year and I expected it to be better with some of these young guys getting more experience. But the pitching was always going to be a problem. Still, the Reds are fucking up the development of these young arms horribly. And that's going to largely fall on Price who used to be a pitching coach - when the Reds had a dope starting rotation. We have some gems, but extremely promising pitchers like DeSclafani haven't pitched in like a year, Finnegan needs to spend a considerable amount of time in the minors before getting called up, and we're not cutting our losses with guys like Cody Reed. It's sad that I'm looking forward to Homer Bailey starts these days.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Was hoping for a better start for my Yankees but their pitching and relief need to step it way up. Red Sox are lava hot so I hope that ends (continuously, not just after this no-hitter). Luckily this is baseball and there is plenty of time.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Dodgers have started slow too. I hope Turner gets back soon. They need his hitting.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
^. Man, our pitching is something horrendous. That said, there's enough money in the bank and talent in the pipeline that I'm hopeful for something in the 2020 season.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Doesn't help when your pitchers are having amuerisms on the field.

• 1Worf

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Does that make the Reds a AA team?

We won a game last night! 4-18 baby. The comeback.

• 1Worf