MLB 2018

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Fuck that's rough. Should have seen an Angels series against the A's while I had the opportunity.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The record is still abysmal, but Reds are no doubt the hottest team in baseball right now. Just came off a seven game win streak and have won 9 of the last 10. Since firing Bryan Price the Reds actually have a winning record. I don't know if Riggleman is the answer, but the team is definitely responding to him. The team is finally healthy too and three of our young pitchers who we're hoping to be the future look very legit (DeSclafani, Romano, Mahle). And I'm sure Castillo will turn it around after this sophomore slump.

The goal isn't set very high. After Riggleman took over with our awful 3-18 record he just wanted to not be last place by season's end. Currently four GB from the Pirates.

The trade deadline will be interesting though. We have some very solid hitters who could be replaced by guys coming up in the farm. But I think the Reds real treasure trove right now is the bullpen. Many guys with multiple years left on their contracts who are pitching lights out this season. Or they could sit tight and buy some SP in the offseason to attempt to do something next year. Still thinking the Reds are another year out before being good though.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I am going to have respectfully disagree with you. The Dodgers are hot shit right now and finally getting healthy (outside of losing Seager for the year). They're 27-10 since Mid May, and seem to be getting stronger.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah watching Sonny pitch can be extremely frustrating...

Hate to beat a dead horse but, Verlander could've been had for that same package (if not less).

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
TOO BAD SO SAD!
shuEMqn.png

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
God damn. The Dodgers are completely destroying the Pirates. 16-1 in the 6th.

• 1Like

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
An all star selection system that results in the pitcher that should be starting for the AL not even being on the initial roster :rolleyes:

• 1Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The terrible Reds get three All Stars. That's pretty cool.

I'm really curious what they're going to do at the trade deadline. They have bullpen pitchers (Iglesias probably being the biggest), Matt Harvey (who magically turned it around after he was traded to us), and Scooter Gennett. Since the horrible 3-18 start they actually have a winning record and look more like the team I was hoping to see this year. Harvey is the only asset I'm 100% down to trade. All the others I'm torn on resigning/keeping or trading. Reds have Iglesias another two years and that's when we're hoping to contend again and it would suck to get rid of a Grade A closer when we might need another one in a year or two. Same with Gennett except he's around for just one more year. Kind of good problems to have, but how the Reds navigate this could have drastic effects on the hopes of a run in the next couple years.

Sterling

El Presidente
Splitting a 4 game set with the Orioles is pretty shitty and it doesn't help when the shitass Red Sox have won 9 in a row. At least Gray pitched well.

• 1Like

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Splitting a 4 game set with the Orioles is pretty shitty and it doesn't help when the shitass Red Sox have won 9 in a row. At least Gray pitched well.

It's gonna be pretty dumb when one of these two teams has to play in a Wild Card game.

Sterling

El Presidente
It's gonna be pretty dumb when one of these two teams has to play in a Wild Card game.
Those 2 plus the Astros are the 3 best teams in MLB. Mariners have a good record also, but that feels like a fluke with being only +14 run differential while being 23 games over .500. Cubs are probably the best team in the NL even if they're behind Milwaukee right now.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Red Sox need to stop winning. In fact they need to go on like a 5-20 run their next 25 games.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users