MLB 2021 "Hot Stove": Third Time's a Charm for Dodgers

Who wins the 2021 World Series?

• Total voters

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, as sad as it is to see him pass away, dude was 93 and not exactly a model of health his entire life. He lived a great long life.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Pylons at LAX lit up blue and white in honor of Lasorda’s memory

F757F283-FDEF-42BB-9BDA-A7B7FCE51A4B.jpeg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

$54 mm / 3 yrs

Great signing, Hendriks got paid! Lynn & now Hendriks for the White sox. I'd say that's an A+ off-season so far for them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Love the signing. White Sox are filling all the holes. It's going to be an awesome year!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
DJ LeMahieu back to the Yanks - $90mm, 6 yrs
Corey Kluber - $11mm, 1yr

Risky move on Kluber; that rotation is a huge question mark. I'm sure this means Tanaka is probably gone, sure seems like they are trying to stay under the luxury tax. They are about $5mm under it currently.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
DJ LeMahieu back to the Yanks - $90mm, 6 yrs
Corey Kluber - $11mm, 1yr

Risky move on Kluber; that rotation is a huge question mark. I'm sure this means Tanaka is probably gone, sure seems like they are trying to stay under the luxury tax. They are about $5mm under it currently.
WTF? Why did they get such a good deal on DJ LeMahieu? He has been the team MVP for 2 years now and in the conversation for MLB MVP both years.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
WTF? Why did they get such a good deal on DJ LeMahieu? He has been the team MVP for 2 years now and in the conversation for MLB MVP both years.
Definitely cheaper than I expected. He's been great, but he hasn't really been a serious MVP candidate.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I guess he enjoyed the organization enough and thought the extra year of security was worth the low AAV. That's a huge win for the Yanks, no doubt. The original target was $125mm over 5 years, so yeah.

I think DJ was a legitimate MVP guy last year, but although maybe not absolute top tier, he's definitely been a top 15-20ish player over the last two years with the Yankees. He is a bit older at 32 though.

Other news:
Reds asked for Gleyber Torres in exchange for Luis Castillo
Phils signed Bradley to help their absolutely amateur hour bullpen
Tanaka wants a 1 yr deal for $15-20 mm; Might return to Japan (where are the Angels?)

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Definitely cheaper than I expected. He's been great, but he hasn't really been a serious MVP candidate.
He was 3rd in MVP voting in 2020 and 4th in 2019. I don't think you guys realize how good he has been.

Sterling

El Presidente
He was 3rd in MVP voting in 2020 and 4th in 2019. I don't think you guys realize how good he has been.

I watch a lot of Yankee games. They're my team. He's been awesome. And by not a serious candidate I just mean he had no chance of actually winning. He finished 3rd but only had 1 first place vote and Abreu finished with ~ 63 percent more voter points. I did expect the contract to be around 20M a year, not 15, and I'm certainly glad he's staying.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
You will be missed.

Report: Blue Jays, Springer agree to 6-year, $150M deal

• 1Thoughts & Prayers