MLB 2022: Georgia Gets the Last Laugh

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Who wins the 2022 World Series?

• Total voters

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Gonna keep this thread through the offseason, and wait to start a new one.

Let's kick off the most fun time of the year, the Hot Stove!

^ This is a phenomenal page from MLB that keeps up with all the rumblings.

^A one-stop shop for all rumor needs.

News from the GM meetings today:

• Angels GM: Shohei Ohtani will NOT be traded this offseason - Booooo!
  • Appearing more likely Judge returns to NY than deGrom does.
  • Texas Rangers are in "big time" on elite starting pitching: deGrom, Verlander, Rodon.
  • People are hearing Corbin Burnes might be available (phenomenal young pitcher, watch the Rangers here)
  • Marlins are shopping Pablo Lopez for a bat (a deal almost happened at the deadline for Gleyber Torres)
  • Red Sox are "preparing for life after" Bogaerts.
  • Rafael Devers might be available as well.
  • Tigers sniffing around catcher, Willson Contreras.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
If he signs with the Dodgers, even one of you fuckers better keep your traps shut about 2017.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
If he signs with the Dodgers, even one of you fuckers better keep your traps shut about 2017.

Do you think everyone is a Dodgers fan or that Dodgers fans control who their team hires? This is such a weird take.

DickTrickle

Are you gonna boo or cheer for him the length of his contract?
Neither... I don't give a shit.

But do you understand that if someone hated him because he was part of that Astros team, him signing with the Dodgers doesn't necessarily have any effect on that person's hatred of him?

If I were Shohei, I would take a good long look at Mike Trout and then start threatening to retire if they don't trade me.

Can't he just leave after next year anyway?

Muurloen

But do you understand that if someone hated him because he was part of that Astros team, him signing with the Dodgers doesn't necessarily have any effect on that person's hatred of him?
Yeah you are a liar and will cheer for him the moment he comes through in the clutch for your team.

That is what being a fan is all about.

DickTrickle

Yeah you are a liar and will cheer for him the moment he comes through in the clutch for your team.

That is what being a fan is all about.
Dude... I'm not a Dodgers fan. You do realize there's 30 other teams in the league? You do this kind of shit all the time with these fucking weird assumptions.

Yeah, many, even most, fans will cheer a player they hate if they join their team, but not all do.

Muurloen

I dont keep track of you plebs and you fandoms.

If X fucking team, and it isn't your team, then when a subject is brought up then don't be the first prick to respond.

DickTrickle

I dont keep track of you plebs and you fandoms.

If X fucking team, and it isn't your team, then when a subject is brought up then don't be the first prick to respond.
Maybe don't make hysterical all encompassing statements like you do and people won't feel the need to point out what a deranged fan you are. Fans like you are the worst because you fully embrace all the irrationality of sports fandom.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Can't he just leave after next year anyway?
He's already 28, didn't pitch in 2019 due to Tommy John surgery, pitched two games in 2020 due to elbow strain, and then had that utterly absurd 2021 season. His bat wasn't as powerful this year but it was more accurate and his pitching actually improved noticeably, but there's no doubt that he's in his absolute prime right now and every year is precious. Pissing away another year of peak performance from a player at this level on the Angels would be an utter tragedy.

Muurloen

Maybe don't make hysterical all encompassing statements like you do and people won't feel the need to point out what a deranged fan you are. Fans like you are the worst because you fully embrace all the irrationality of sports fandom.
No Way Kg GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

• 1Mother of God

Muurloen

Time to bring back Luhnow

DickTrickle

Time to bring back Luhnow
Is that why he gave such a shitty offer? Seems like a dick move.

Last edited:
  • 1Like