MLB Hot Stove 2019

Sterling

El Presidente
Took a look myself, he has 56% of his home runs at home, which isn´t that crazy but as you mentioned his OPS is a pretty big difference. He also hit .348 at home and .278 on the road, also a pretty big difference.

In his defence though, he had teammates and none of them managed to hit .350ish at Coors during the same time period so he was doing something right. I can understand the case against him a bit better now, but I still think he should be in.
That's career numbers. His Coors Field numbers specifically are super crazy and drastically alter his career numbers and especially his home/away splits. 1.170 OPS at coors. .381 BA, 141 tOPS+. Crazy, crazy numbers.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you're not in NY you might not appreciate this, but I watch this at least once a month.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I hate the idea of a minimum of 3 outs per pitcher

Edit: three batters

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
That seems to give managers a big advantage in PH usage. Knowing a pitcher will be on the hook for three batters? You can utilize all sorts of mismatches.

Sterling

El Presidente
The extra roster slot and smaller September roster proposal are kind of interesting.

• 1Solidarity

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
DH would be great, and some of the proposed service time stuff would be good. Three batter minimum seems a little tough. Two would be better.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jeter actually gets a solid return on a trade. Realmuto dealt to Phillies.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Sabathia announced this is going to be his last season. Dude's been a warrior, will suck to see him go.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Machado to the Padres. Seems like an unlikely spot, but it's being widely reported now.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Reported at 10 years and $300 million. Not sure he is worth that much

• 1Solidarity

Sterling

El Presidente
Reported at 10 years and $300 million. Not sure he is worth that much
He's young enough that he might still be real good at the back half of the contract unlike when this kind of shit happens when the player is 4-5 years older.

• 1Like