MLB Hot Stove 2019

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Hot Stove is moving pretty quickly.

That Corbin contract was, somewhat of a surprise. That Mets deal is still puzzling to me. Sure, you don't quite get an "Edwin Diaz" quality relief pitcher. You could've signed a really solid second baseman, and say David Robertson for practically the same price, if not cheaper, and then keep two Top 100 prospects (Kelenic being a potential Top 10 sooner than later). Very odd.

So ready for the Winter Meetings. Imagine the Happ & Kuechel chips fall soon. Almost feels like a Kluber or Bauer trade is guaranteed. Fun times.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rumor is 4-68. Worth the risk with his stuff. Pretty much signals the end of Porcello after '19.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I'm just not in love with Eovaldi. That guy just feels like a ticking time-bomb. It was so hard to watch him in Miami and NY throw triple-digits and constantly be touched up. Better analytics has helped him, but that's not cheap. A price the Sox can afford to pay though. Wouldn't terribly surprise me if worst case, they slot him in as a super-reliever type.

Possible trades for Trevor Bauer, Corey Kluber Some solid trade ideas. Curious who will "cave" for Kluber or Bauer. This Carrasco extension seems like it makes them fairly obtainable, for not a terrible price.

Last edited:

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
As I've said before, I am 100% on board for the Astros to part ways with Whitley & Tucker for a top flight ace.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Winter Meetings are near fever pitch level. Looks like Realmuto might be dealt any second, and some fucking how (and reason) the Yankees are apparently in on Realmuto, even outside the possibility of a 3-team trade involving he Mets... What the fuck. Stunned Realmuto is THIS valued. Sure does seem like Jeter & Co. are playing this one much better, they really whiffed on trading two MVPs, and Ozuna.

Yankees are open to trading Andujar now according to reports. Hope this isn't true. My Harper pipe-dream is dying daily! Muur will be so disappointed if Harper doesn't make it to the Bronx! Don't disappoint him Cashman! Still hoping the Phillies just trump-card the fuck out of Machado and he can't say no to $330 million.

Sounds like the Dodgers, Astros, and even the Reds are really into Kluber.

CRAZY SHIT! TRADE EVERYONE, THE BEST TIME OF THE YEAR!

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Yankees are open to trading Andujar now according to reports. Hope this isn't true. My Harper pipe-dream is dying daily! Muur will be so disappointed if Harper doesn't make it to the Bronx! Don't disappoint him Cashman! Still hoping the Phillies just trump-card the fuck out of Machado and he can't say no to $330 million.
jameson.jpg

-------------------------------

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

Reds going for it?! I forget the Reds have a solid lineup, Realmuto would help that staff. If they could get some pitching that's an interesting team at least.

Last edited:

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
If the Reds get even an average pitching staff they could be a good team. The lineup is beyond solid.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Astros Sign Michael Brantley
Rockies, Daniel Murphy Agree To Terms
Cardinals, Andrew Miller Close To Agreement
Angels Sign Matt Harvey
Nationals Sign Anibal Sanchez
Angels Sign Trevor Cahill
Athletics Agree To Two-Year Deal With Joakim Soria
Padres Sign Ian Kinsler

MLB, Cuban Baseball Federation Reach Agreement On Posting System Neat

Machado Winter Tour 2018 is over. Jack Curry of YES Network says the Yankees are not willing to go over 7 years, maybe 8 for Machado, and they expect Philly to outbid them. Machado tonight also started following some Phillies players :eek:.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

Can't believe the Dodgers were able to do that. Crazy impressive: clear logjam in the OF, get down to about $180 million in payroll, and land what will probably be a Top 100 prospect in Jeter Downs, and a really good lotto ticket pitcher in Gray. Borderline money laundering.

Reds, eh, at first glance it's sorta odd. But like the Mets, there is a ton of value in just being an even "interesting" team. More people tune in, more money, etc... You progress to at least an "intriguing team" in 2019, and at the end of the day it's not huge prospects. Really curious what they'll do. They need a CF and pitching.

Could really see the Dodgers turning around and landing Kluber and maybe even Realmuto. That'd be insane. Honestly makes more sense than Harper would.

Edit: Machado apparently won't make a decision until 2019...............

Last edited:

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuck Machado. God, I hope the White Sox don't do something stupid...

• 1Worf

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
As a fantasy owner that has Puig on his team, I like this trade.

Hopefully that asshole gets everyday at bats. I wonder if he will be 2nd in front of Votto or right behind him as "protection".

He's reuniting with the hitting coach he had the first two years in LA (his best years). Maybe that will help him.

Surely the Reds are still looking at a center fielder. Puig in CF would not be ideal, at all. Fuck it, go for Pollock!

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Alright Christmas is over, let's get some signings and trades going!

• 1Like