MLB Hot Stove 2020: Congratulations to the nations capital

Sterling

El Presidente
After hearing the Astro's apology the only feeling I have is they are not sorry and thought it was worth it. That just tell me they didn't get punished nearly enough as I said originally.
I mean this is kind of what everyone expected to have happen. It's not like anyone was ever going going to be sent to prison over any of this shit. It wasn't likely that they were going vacate wins/titles/awards or force the owner to sell at a huge profit.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
They should have suspended those running it. That was the players. And they should have vacated the win. If you can't have it removed for this then the cheating will always be justified.

Sterling

El Presidente
They should have suspended those running it. That was the players. And they should have vacated the win. If you can't have it removed for this then the cheating will always be justified.
They wouldn't have had much of an investigation without essentially giving the players immunity. It's not like it's a government investigation with subpoena power.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
They wouldn't have had much of an investigation without essentially giving the players immunity. It's not like it's a government investigation with subpoena power.
They had people that left the team that could have given plenty of evidence for immunity.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
I had to double check: this is real, not altered at all

7DE27D05-3465-41CA-95BD-3A9BD515E580.jpeg

God bless you KTLA

giphy.gif

• 4Worf
  • 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Players being allowed to talk now that the gag order is over.

Cody Bellinger

"I thought the apologies were whatever," Bellinger said, referencing the Astros' public apologies Thursday from their spring training site. "I thought [owner] Jim Crane's was weak. I thought [commissioner Rob] Manfred's punishment was weak, giving [the players] immunity. Those guys were cheating for three years. I think what people don't realize is [Jose] Altuve stole an MVP from [Aaron] Judge in '17. Everyone knows they stole the ring from us. But it's over."

• 5Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 6 users

Sterling

El Presidente
If Astros don't cheat that doesn't default mean Dodgers do. That just glosses over the fact that they might not have beat the other AL teams.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
If Astros don't cheat that doesn't default mean Dodgers do. That just glosses over the fact that they might not have beat the other AL teams.
Right. They cheated the Yankees and Dodgers for sure. But really everyone.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Didn't really think of the '17 MVP... That rustles my jimmies.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I butchered that. I meant that it doesn't mean that the Dodgers win the title.
Yes of course. No one wants the title handled to the Dodgers. It should definitely be stripped from the Astro's though.

Sterling

El Presidente
Yes of course. No one wants the title handled to the Dodgers. It should definitely be stripped from the Astro's though.
Yeah, that kind of thing has happened a fair amount in college sports and in some pro soccer leagues. Don't think it's ever happened in any of the major American pro leagues though.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Also pretty sure Altuve was using a buzzer so I think more is going to come of this. The players and press are pissed about the non apology apology.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users