MLB Hot Stove 2020: Congratulations to the nations capital

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Pete Rose bets on his own team to win: Lifetime ban.
The Astros cheat the entire sport and steal a World Series: Couple suspensions and a fine.

#JustMLBThings.

• 3Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Supposedly the players got immunity for info, and dealing with the players association was going to be a nightmare anyway. On the sports radio stations this morning here they were predicting a lifetime ban for Cora.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Pete Rose bets on his own team to win: Lifetime ban.
The Astros cheat the entire sport and steal a World Series: Couple suspensions and a fine.

#JustMLBThings.
Yeah its bullshit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
This echoes my feelings on this bullshit.

The Dodgers won’t get to claim the title. That damage has already been done. That parade has already been lost. But the Astros should be forced to hand the Commissioner’s Trophy back to Commissioner Rob Manfred right now, vacate the title and forever leave that space in the record books as empty as the organization’s integrity.
The Dodgers didn’t win it on the field, but history should forever note that nobody beat them.

• 4Like
  • 1OK, Sure
Reactions: 4 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have been hearing a lot of talk about Cora and how he might get the lifetime ban. That might be the final measure they use to draw the line in the sand.

I am not invested in the issue on any sort of personal level, but I do think MLB is going down the shitter for lack of competitive balance. I blame union and financial reasons mostly, but if this is one thing they can snuff out of the game to inch back towards a level playing field, then by all means.

I would really like them to issue a Player warning going forward. Something similar to the suspensions they hand out for steroids 80/162/Ban. Anyone caught participating in or benefiting from illegal sign stealing would be suspended. It is crazy that the entire Astros/Red Sox teams are going to skate on this. It would be fitting if the Astros had to call up their entire Triple-A team for the first half the season, lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hosix

All labs matter!
So I don’t post in here much but baseball has annoyed the fuck out of me with sign stealing shit.

The punishment should be brutal. You cheated an entire sport. Fuck baseball and it’s sanctities.

Lifetime ban for everyone involved. Plus? Fuck your union for backing players. They cheated too.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I have been hearing a lot of talk about Cora and how he might get the lifetime ban. That might be the final measure they use to draw the line in the sand.

I am not invested in the issue on any sort of personal level, but I do think MLB is going down the shitter for lack of competitive balance. I blame union and financial reasons mostly, but if this is one thing they can snuff out of the game to inch back towards a level playing field, then by all means.

I would really like them to issue a Player warning going forward. Something similar to the suspensions they hand out for steroids 80/162/Ban. Anyone caught participating in or benefiting from illegal sign stealing would be suspended. It is crazy that the entire Astros/Red Sox teams are going to skate on this. It would be fitting if the Astros had to call up their entire Triple-A team for the first half the season, lol.
They tacitly approved the player cheating since it was primarily players doing it and no players were punished. They don't give a shit if the owner was fined or draft picks were taken. They got a ring and their fat contracts.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Sterling

El Presidente
The thing is the punishments can both be unprecidentedly harsh and still too light and a joke at the same time. It just shows how weak the league is when it comes to this kind of stuff.

• 5Like
  • 1Truth!

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In 1919, eight players threw a World Series. The results of the season were altered. These players suffered the ultimate penalty, with lifetime bans from MLB.

In 2017 and 2018 World Series winners both cheated their way to countless victories. The results of the season were altered. These players suffered no penalty.

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
In 1919, eight players threw a World Series. The results of the season were altered. These players suffered the ultimate penalty, with lifetime bans from MLB.

In 2017 and 2018 World Series winners both cheated their way to countless victories. The results of the season were altered. These players suffered no penalty.
Player's union didn't exist back then, and it is by far the most powerful union in all of sports. A lifetime ban on active players (unless its PED related) is highly unlikely to ever happen again.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Player's union didn't exist back then, and it is by far the most powerful union in all of sports. A lifetime ban on active players (unless its PED related) is highly unlikely to ever happen again.
This is worse than PEDs. Suspensions should be handed out. PEDs are only specific players. This is basically the entire team using PEDs plus the other team has random players only allowed to use 1 hand.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer

As I said before Astros and the Red Sox weren't the only teams that broke the rules.

IMG_20200114_154833.jpg

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hosix

All labs matter!

As I said before Astros and the Red Sox weren't the only teams that broke the rules.

Prolly right. Suspend the season until the investigation is completed. They can forfeit pay and get a real job. Or go play in some other league in Mexico or something.

Broke rules. Got caught. But everyone is doing it 😱

Chanur

<Gold Donor>

View attachment 243413
Using film to learn signs is not the same as getting real time signs right before the pitching. Using film is what the Patriots were doing. What the Astro's were doing was piping in the other teams head set for play calls.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Using film to learn signs is not the same as getting real time signs right before the pitching. Using film is what the Patriots were doing. What the Astro's were doing was piping in the other teams head set for play calls.
But look at all these all star hitters that know what pitch is coming! Their averages aren't inflated at all I swear!

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
The thing that probably pisses me off the most about it is Vin Scully will probably never get to see another Championship because of these fucking assholes. He was the Dodgers growing up for me and it ticks me off.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity