MMA Thread

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
700 + fighters holy shit. The pandemic has caused every industry in the country to shrink, besides a select few. Especially entertainment.

Out of those 700 fighters, only 20 are probably getting "paid".

Goatface

Freitas’ arrest stems from an alleged Nov. 7 incident in which Freitas is “accused of drugging and raping a client.” According to a criminal complaint obtained by the newspaper, “the female client captured the alleged assault on a security camera in her living room.”
Freitas was in the corner of former UFC women’s bantamweight champion Holly Holm in her October win over Irene Aldana at UFC on ESPN 16 in Abu Dhabi and, according to the newspaper, was previously listed as an instructor on the Jackson Wink MMA official website. However, any such reference has since been removed, and a spokesman for the gym denied any association with Freitas.
“All I’ve been told is he is not an employee of Jackson Wink Academy and he never has been,” gym spokesman James Hallinan told the Journal.

On Nov. 17, a woman reported the rape to a detective and said it happened at her home during a Nov. 7 session with the trainer. She said she had been taking lessons from Freitas for several years and on that day was having him massage her legs due to recent cramping.
The woman said that Freitas is flirtatious with her and several other women he trains, that she “at times found his behavior inappropriate” and that there was never any romantic relationship between the two.
The woman told police she drank half a glass of wine and then ate breakfast and drank orange juice with Freitas before the session. She said she went to the bathroom and came out to find Freitas had prepared her a second glass of orange juice.
The woman told police she added a shot of whiskey and ginger ale to the drink and about 30 minutes later began ‘feeling sleepy’ as Freitas massaged her legs. She said that she ‘quickly passed out’ and awoke hours later, naked from the waist down, and that Freitas was gone.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Freitas’ arrest stems from an alleged Nov. 7 incident in which Freitas is “accused of drugging and raping a client.” According to a criminal complaint obtained by the newspaper, “the female client captured the alleged assault on a security camera in her living room.”
Freitas was in the corner of former UFC women’s bantamweight champion Holly Holm in her October win over Irene Aldana at UFC on ESPN 16 in Abu Dhabi and, according to the newspaper, was previously listed as an instructor on the Jackson Wink MMA official website. However, any such reference has since been removed, and a spokesman for the gym denied any association with Freitas.
“All I’ve been told is he is not an employee of Jackson Wink Academy and he never has been,” gym spokesman James Hallinan told the Journal.

Sounds like she's not sure if rape took place, or whether it was sexual assault.

Is there any physical evidence presented yet? Looks like they had a very weird relationship. Also you should stay away from boozy women.

Any type of boozy vibes at all and I'm out. To be honest in the past, if she even "needs" a drink. I have a 0 tolerance on boozy girls. The behavior with boozers is unpredictable at best and deplorable at worst. He'll get what he's got coming. He sounds like a shitbag and she sounds like a wreck.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Karate Hottie is out of 257.

ohno.jpg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Yes. I wish I still had them because they were pretty terrible.

Romero is allegedly being courted by some promotions that previously stated they would not sign him. I'd love Romero vs. Rumble at 205.
I honestly don't remember any of it now, but I do remember that thing being stuck in my head for a long ass time. Obviously your name stuck with me for fucking decades....

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yes. I wish I still had them because they were pretty terrible.

Romero is allegedly being courted by some promotions that previously stated they would not sign him. I'd love Romero vs. Rumble at 205.
bellator has to give up all premise of being "legit" and just say

"we test as much as can... but with covid, we can only send out so many testers..."

Goatface

UFC 256: Figueiredo vs. Moreno weigh-in results​

UFC 256 Main Card (10 p.m. ET on ESPN+ PPV)​

• Main Event: Deiveson Figueiredo (c) (124.5) vs. Brandon Moreno (124.5)
  • Co-Main Event: Tony Ferguson (155) vs. Charles Oliveira (154.5)
  • Mackenzie Dern (115) vs. Virna Jandiroba (115)
  • Kevin Holland (185) vs. Ronaldo Souza (185.5)
  • Junior dos Santos (246.5) vs. Ciryl Gane (247.5)
  • Manel Kape (124.5) — main event back-up

UFC 256 Preliminary Card (7:30 p.m. ET on ESPN2 and ESPN+)​

• Cub Swanson (145) vs. Daniel Pineda (145.5)
  • Renato Moicano (155) vs. Rafael Fiziev (155.5)
  • Gavin Tucker (146) vs. Billy Quarantillo (145.5)
  • Tecia Torres (115.5) vs. Sam Hughes (115.5)
  • Sergey Spivak vs. Jared VanderaaCanceled due to COVID-19
  • Chase Hooper (145.5) vs. Peter Barrett (145.5)
=====
Could be JDS's last ufc fight, 0-3
might be last for a few others Souza is 0-2, Cub is coming off a win but was 0-4 before that

1607719122815.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Really shocked Figueiredo is already back in the octagon after just fighting 3 weeks ago. Dude is just running through everyone.

Agreed with JDS and Cub Swanson, those guys havent been able to do much for quite awhile. I was honestly shocked JDS was still fighting in the UFC lol.